HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the OC Batman the fig that a lot of people swapped the cape off of for a better custom one?

That has been the case for every single Batman figure HT has ever produced.

It seems the cape with this version is a bit better though - will have to see in hand whether I want to change it

That has been the case for every single Batman figure HT has ever produced.

It seems the cape with this version is a bit better though - will have to see in hand whether I want to change it

Oh wow, that's not good news haha. What was the main issue with the capes? Was it poor material or something else?

Really bad, thick material, and completely unlike the material used on the screen capes.

With the TDK Batman figures, the HT capes did not even have the V cut at the back of the neck, so they were completely screen inaccurate.

I can't say enough bad things about HT's capes - so easy to get them right, but they don't seem to care

Really bad, thick material, and completely unlike the material used on the screen capes.

With the TDK Batman figures, the HT capes did not even have the V cut at the back of the neck, so they were completely screen inaccurate.

I can't say enough bad things about HT's capes - so easy to get them right, but they don't seem to care

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

I'm not sure if they could actually pull off the cape to be really screen accurate because of they way the neck of screen capes fold under and hook up to the front cape clips to create the V-Shape is really complex. Technically the cowl is supposed to tuck under the cape and the way the cape hangs from the front clips creates the V-Shape in the back. Be really tough to do that i think at 1:6 size. But they could atleast get a slightly more accurate fabric which would be thinner fabric, flocked on outside, and silk on the inside. I would be happy with that. I think the batwing shape pattern itself was pretty good on the OC Batman. Its the closest its been to screen accurate. But remember I showed you my 1:1, the overall design of the screen accurate cape is really complex.

I'm not sure if they could actually pull off the cape to be really screen accurate because of they way the neck of screen capes fold under and hook up to the front cape clips to create the V-Shape is really complex. Technically the cowl is supposed to tuck under the cape and the way the cape hangs from the front clips creates the V-Shape in the back. Be really tough to do that i think at 1:6 size. But they could atleast get a slightly more accurate fabric which would be thinner fabric, flocked on outside, and silk on the inside. I would be happy with that. I think the batwing shape pattern itself was pretty good on the OC Batman. Its the closest its been to screen accurate. But remember I showed you my 1:1, the overall design of the screen accurate cape is really complex.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by the V shape - with the OC Batman the V shape of the cape coming down is not apparent from the back as the cowl itself is a V shape so it covers it up. So no actual V shape is needed on the capes on the figures.

With regards to the TDK costume though, the V at the back is much more apparent, and very easy to achieve in 1/6, all you have to do is make a cutout - as Lforigno and others have done on their custom capes.

Point being, if Lforigno can source and cut a much thinner and more screen accurate looking material, then why can't HT? :dunno

I think you misunderstood what I meant by the V shape - with the OC Batman the V shape of the cape coming down is not apparent from the back as the cowl itself is a V shape so it covers it up. So no actual V shape is needed on the capes on the figures.

With regards to the TDK costume though, the V at the back is much more apparent, and very easy to achieve in 1/6, all you have to do is make a cutout - as Lforigno and others have done on their custom capes.

Point being, if Lforigno can source and cut a much thinner and more screen accurate looking material, then why can't HT? :dunno

Yes, agreed, I just meant more actual "screen accurate". Like 100% accurate. Cutting the V-shape works to make it appear screen accurate, I was more saying if they did it the way they did on the movie capes, it would be pretty tough. Be cool as heck if they could.

My issue has always been the fabric. The Exclusive looks like they attempted to have a more flocked look on the back and silkier fabric inside, but it looks a little thick. But at 1:6 size, maybe thats they thinnest they can make it because if i took the fabric from my 1:1 and made a 1:6 piece out of it, it would probably be pretty thick looking on a 1:6 figure.

Man, if we could get someone like a Kato some of the real fabric and show him how the cape really should be made with my 1:1, I bet he could pull it off. :)

Hot toys aren't bad at capes. I don't have a Batman (yet) But my Ezio has a really nice, leather like cape that drapes over the shoulder perfectly. Its just that the batman cape is different in every movie

Yes, agreed, I just meant more actual "screen accurate". Like 100% accurate. Cutting the V-shape works to make it appear screen accurate, I was more saying if they did it the way they did on the movie capes, it would be pretty tough. Be cool as heck if they could.

My issue has always been the fabric. The Exclusive looks like they attempted to have a more flocked look on the back and silkier fabric inside, but it looks a little thick. But at 1:6 size, maybe thats they thinnest they can make it because if i took the fabric from my 1:1 and made a 1:6 piece out of it, it would probably be pretty thick looking on a 1:6 figure.

Man, if we could get someone like a Kato some of the real fabric and show him how the cape really should be made with my 1:1, I bet he could pull it off. :)

Yeah it'd be awesome to have it not only look accurate but be accurate in the way it is folded etc as you say - I agree i'm sure Kato could pull it off and also source a scaled down material that is similar to the real deal. But i'm also pretty sure it won't be much of an appealing project for him :dunno

Hot toys aren't bad at capes. I don't have a Batman (yet) But my Ezio has a really nice, leather like cape that drapes over the shoulder perfectly. Its just that the batman cape is different in every movie

They are bad at Batman capes. Yes every suit has a different cape, as every suit has a different cowl/armour/etc - they should treat the capes the same and do their research and get it right.

Yeah it'd be awesome to have it not only look accurate but be accurate in the way it is folded etc as you say - I agree i'm sure Kato could pull it off and also source a scaled down material that is similar to the real deal. But i'm also pretty sure it won't be much of an appealing project for him :dunno

No probably not plus the screen accurate fabric is really expensive. It only comes in bulk.

They are bad at Batman capes. Yes every suit has a different cape, as every suit has a different cowl/armour/etc - they should treat the capes the same and do their research and get it right.

My feeling is if they can get the batwing pattern correct and get a fairly good fabric to work with, then thats fine for these 1:6. Just really tough to get them to screen accurate level and keep the retail costs reasonable.

If you want screen accurate, bump your collection up to 1:1 size like I did :) actually for the cost of a Kato Joker suit, you can get the 1:1 gauntlets and a Cape (if he has any capes left) :)

Couldn't live with the SS Vader cape so swapped it out for lforigno's. I know a custom cape would hang a lot better but on OC Bats as well but for some reason I'm not at all bothered by the stock cape. Probably because I couldn't futz the tent out of SS Vader but I could just about futz the peaky shoulders out of OC Bats.

Couldn't live with the SS Vader cape so swapped it out for lforigno's. I know a custom cape would hang a lot better but on OC Bats as well but for some reason I'm not at all bothered by the stock cape. Probably because I couldn't futz the tent out of SS Vader but I could just about futz the peaky shoulders out of OC Bats.

Actually never seen a SS Vader cape. What the fabric like? Is it flocked on the outside and silk on the inside? or same material throughout?

I like the OC Batman cape. The batwing pattern is close to being accurate and I am fine with that.

I think anybody paying $1k or even $500 for 1/6 clothes, whether or not you have the $$$ to flaunt it, should expect a little crap for it without loading up on poopballs and chucking them at everybody who posts. This kneejerk need to defend having spent that much tells me you also feel a bit ripped off for it. :huh

Though I will say, the jab at Dino about crying in the leaky DX vid got me to :lol. :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back