How Everyone has fixed ther Broken PERS System for Joker...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HottoyzJoker

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think we need this thread I know I do I need some step by step fixs and some ideals to fix my Joker... Hope some people out there have ideals... Anyone can feel free to start... But I think this thread will pay off in the long... Given this Hottoys first atttempt at the PERS system...

Haven't been keeping up with this but it is broken right out of the box or after first use or after multiple uses?

Most of the reports over the last six months or so that I've seen indicate that the PERS mainly only breaks after multiple uses (not right out of the box), though there may of course be exceptions.

Sometimes it breaks through accidents (the figure takes a tumble, for instance), which is understandable - but some people have reported breaking through normal use as well.

This isn't a huge, consistent problem (like the leaky abs on the DX02), but it can happen. Also, because this PERS system is fairly unique (the mechanism is different in the DX02), it's good to have a resource to go to when one's PERS Joker head breaks long after purchase.

is he stuck like this :*(
picture.php

This is the best solution I have seen so far:

The left eye (from behind) is the one that worked so I use the thing that stick out from it as a stick, the stick on the right eye is from the back side of the PERS stick, here are some pics:D

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

The reason its white inside of the head is because the glue I used is white. And I don't got a steady hand:D

Just to contribute, I have a spare DX Joker head with the PERS system that still works. Tried to customize it and ruined the head but the PERS could be removed and used. PM me if you need it. Just pay the shipping.

I don't dont see how people are breaking these things. Same with the ht wrists. These aren't $15 Hasbro figures, you have to take some care in handling them.

I don't dont see how people are breaking these things. Same with the ht wrists. These aren't $15 Hasbro figures, you have to take some care in handling them.

Yeah mine broke after moving the eyes left and right about 3 times so dont go blaming me if anything it was put together cheap...

I've broke the joystick off mine because the glue is of poor quality.

Especially if you use a hairdyer on the neck (like the instructions say might I add) to remove the adapter. It just seems to melt the glue off or at least to soften it. But yeah I think mine is sturdy enough, I don't change the position much though.

Yeah, I've seen people try to glue the PERS back together, but I don't know how long that would hold. I wouldn't trust it anyway. Your solution (Enterbay style) takes out a lot of the breakables. And if it did break it would be simple to fix again.

Yeah, I've seen people try to glue the PERS back together, but I don't know how long that would hold. I wouldn't trust it anyway. Your solution (Enterbay style) takes out a lot of the breakables. And if it did break it would be simple to fix again.

I can't remember if it was here or who done it but someone rebuilt it with flat pieces of metal and rods.

I hadn't touched mine in months and tonight I decided to move the eyes when suddenly he was cross-eyed. I took the thing apart and I am absolutely livid about how cheaply constructed the PERS system is. This thing was guaranteed to fail what with the cheap plastic bars that hold it together. And it seems as though the right eye is too tight a fit in the socket, which is what inevitably breaks the fragile plastic frame that connects the eyes to the controller.

What's everyone been doing? Has Hot Toys sent anyone a new head? Seems like it could be glued but you'd have to remove the eyes to do it correctly and I don't know how feasible that is without damaging them further. At least for now I can manually point the eyes in the same direction, although it's a time-consuming and tricky process.

^^^For mine I took a toothpick and snapped it and glued it to each eye so I can move them seperate but it takes a lot more time now so my jokers eyes have been looking foward for long time now cause it takes a very long time to get them looking foward and center when your moving both at different times... Yeah I saw how cheap it was put together when I took mine apart the first time too... Hottoys should have used metal maybe it would cost more but better then this plastic crap... This is why Ive never moved my Batmans eyes at all...

Back