How do you get a head of a Hot Toys Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedarkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy the Bank Robber Joker head for my version 1 and it would be helpful to know how to get the head off without messing the whole thing up. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

some of them were glued on for some bizzare reason. The bank robber heads I mean.
Mne was too. Try and pull it and if it doesn't come off. Stick the head in some hot water for 30 seconds then pull it , if it doesn't come off put it back in for another 20 and then keep doing this until it comes off. You could also use a heat gun or hair dryer.
If using a heat gun don't keep it on for too long since they can get very hot.

... pull it off. nothing special to it. they come off very easily

Nah nah not necessarily, yes in the past they use to but this particluar one (Joker or BR Joker) can be a pain. I would heat up the neck area with a blow dryer for about a minute then pull off slowly.

Make sure the figures been in a warmish room (I had some truetypes in the garage over winter and they didnt come off easily cause they were really cold)

If it doesnt come of easily you could try popping the tpo of the head and body into some warm water for a minute that might help

I just got a truetype yesterday and had to boil water to get the head off of it 'cause I didn't wanna risk forcing it and breaking it. Try boiling water on it.

Won't boiling it damage the paint?

Hasn't on anything I've worked on. Don't actually boil water like you would for pasta, but get a microwavable cup/mug and fill that with water and put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Stick the head in for 30-60 second and it usually comes right off. Just be carefull not to snap the neck (mostly on Sideshow figures, HT's aren't as fragile).

Back