How can I get a white 1/6th tanktop?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand why people who pay that much get so bothered by it, honestly. Especially when I'm more than certain most who have, at some point, have made similar comments about others spending superfluously on something else (beit 1:6 or outside the genre). :huh

I get bothered by people who get bothered by what other people chose to do with their money. I'm not married to anyone on this forum so hearing someone complain about what I pay for something is annoying and like being home.
I never say anything about what something cost. Of course I'd love stuff to be cheaper, but if I can't afford something, I don't bash the people who can nor become bitter about not being able to get it. (Not saying you do, just making a point :))

I don't have a chip. It's just funny how people get so hung up on realism and and likenesses and stuff. They are toys. I don't have $100 t-shirts. I'll be darned if my toys will.
Maybe you shouldn't be giving crap to people who don't.

You gave a crap about how 'funny' it is that people get so hung up on realism. What people chose to do with their figures is none of your business and it's not your place to say I shouldn't be so hung up on realism. If I want my figure to look more like a person than a toy, that's me.:wave

Oooohhh a controversy.... Love it. Was wondering why the damn wife beater thread was 9 pages long lol.

Hahaha anywyays the guys who bought Katos awesome joker outfit are the crazy ones not Kato.

Kato made what there was a market for and he did it very very well.

Those guys are crazy because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the multitude of hot toys joker related items out there. Kato's will be better than anything. It's a given and yeah it's better than hot toys because he's amazingly talented but at the end of the day there was nothing wrong with the hot toys one.

But at the end of the day to each his own right? Spend your money however you want it.

It just makes me mad That there are enough jokertards out there keeping Kato busy with that than all of the items that are needed for other characters that are not easily bashable with what's out there in the market :(

Someone needs to do a damn basic tuxedo for example!

Oooohhh a controversy.... Love it. Was wondering why the damn wife beater thread was 9 pages long lol.

Hahaha anywyays the guys who bought Katos awesome joker outfit are the crazy ones not Kato.

Those guys are crazy because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the multitude of hot toys joker related items out there.

But at the end of the day to each his own right? Spend your money however you want it.

It just makes me mad That there are enough jokertards out there keeping Kato busy with that than all of the items that are needed for other characters that are not easily bashable with what's out there in the market :(

This is an interesting point. It also causes others to overvalue their work in an effort to be "competitive." I've even seen cases where artists are ranting at people for not wanting to spend that much, with their sackmonkeys chucking poop balls at the masses to justify the artists' rants.

Those guys are crazy because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the multitude of hot toys joker related items out there. Kato's will be better than anything. It's a given and yeah it's better than hot toys because he's amazingly talented but at the end of the day there was nothing wrong with the hot toys one.

I am now making the tail coat ( for sideshow project):wave

Wow, this was not what I was expecting this thread to turn into:cuckoo:. As far as custom figure work, I think people can spend their own money however they want and on whatever they want. I'll just have to sit back and envy them cuz I just can NOT afford it:monkey2. But if it is great work, I will applaud the customizer:clap and congratulate the buyer:hi5: for being able to get it. I can't stand hypocrisy, so for me, I may think somebody is crazy for spending that kind of money on something, but then I also spend hundreds of dollars on getting something like the Dewback from Sideshow:slap, so I can't judge. Also, I am not accusing anybody in here of being a hypocrite, just to be clear.:grouphug

You gave a crap about how 'funny' it is that people get so hung up on realism. What people chose to do with their figures is none of your business and it's not your place to say I shouldn't be so hung up on realism. If I want my figure to look more like a person than a toy, that's me.:wave[/QUOTE]

You are upset because I think people put too much stock in realism and likenesses on what are just toys but I have spent days, sometimes weeks, working on a figure trying to get it perfect only to poost it here and get it slammed because a certain group of people don't like the head or the shoes are wrong or some other nitpicky nonsense. I just find it odd that I can say $100 is too much for a tank top and everyone gets upset but no one sees anything wrong with jumping all over someone who was unable to locate an item for a figure or just thought close is good enough.
I remeber after Inception came out Daniel Choe was nice enough to take on Cobb and Arthur sculpts on his own dime just hoping to sell enough casts to make it worth his time. That thread got ridiculous. Over a hundred pages (if I recall) of people offering their two cents about what was "wrong" with the sculpt. None of those people commissioned the sculpt but everyone had an opinion. There were even people who said "If you can't do it right, screw it, I don't want one." You'll have to pardon me for finding that kind of behaviour ridiculous and a little offensive.
In the end, all I am saying is if people want to nitpick and laugh at people who don't have the money or the skill or resources(and face it, we aren't all Elvis) to create tiny little people to seal away in Detolfs in their man caves then others, myself included, should be allowed to say every once in awhile, "They're only toys."

I'm pretty sure the OP now has their question answered, so to cut off the bickering I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back