HOTTOYS making all 4 RE movie figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's why I love watching the first one so much. The characters aren't from any of the games, but it at least resembled a Resident Evil game. Two I like to watch because of Sienna Guilloroy as she is so freaking hot.

Yes it didn't give anybody super strength to fight the zombie's everybody was normal and they were fighting for thier lives. I liked cliffhanger at the end of the first one aswell.

You guys can probably just do a google translation to get the jiz of the article, but I thought I'll do my best for a proper translation so you get the full picture of what the whole story is. Keep in mind the journalist is speaking in first person except for the Howard quotes. Anyway, here goes:

------------------

Soon to be released: Female Lead from Resident Evil

We asked Howard what other game figures he wants to do. He'd like to do the "Metal Gear" series, though other companies are already doing it, so we would have to wait for an opportunity someday.

Howard: " I know people from the game company (Konami) collects our Military figures." That's a good sign!

Then there's another big news. He said it is confirmed they will release "Resident Evil"(film) female lead figure, the super cool Milla Jovovich.

Howard: "We wanted to make this since part 3, but the asking price for her rights was sky high. But looks like recently things have changed, it's due to the game figures selling well, things are finally happening. The plan is to release the previous 3 outfits as well."

Her figure will be made of extremely high quality material, even hearing it makes my heart race. Lets hope Hot Toys won't set the price too high on these.

----------End of Article----------

會出生化女角
問 Howard還有甚麼遊戲 Figure想做,即說是《 Metal Gear》!可惜有其他公司推出了,只好等日後機會:「我知道他們的遊戲開發人員,都有收藏我們的軍事 Figure。」也算是好兆頭吧!而且有另一個大消息,他說已落實會出《生化危機》電影版女主角的 Figure,即是型格索女米娜祖華域芝:「我們在第三集時已想出了,可惜她的版權是天價,但最近出現轉機 ,是多得遊戲 Figure賣出口碑,終於成事 計劃連前三集的造型也會重出B]]]。」 <- releasing all 4 RE movie figures 她的 Figure料會是吸水之作,我聽到都心動,望 Hot Toys將來不要賣得太貴好了。

Well that statement above proves that they have no plans on dropping the VG figures as they said they are selling well. should keep a few peeps happy

All the energy and resources they use on the RE movie figures could and should have gone to the VG RE figures. I think more people would be interested in 4 figures based on 4 RE VG characters than 4 figures based on 1 RE movie character. I think HT's course of action is retarded (I don't like using the R-word, but in this situation it really applies).

All the energy and resources they use on the RE movie figures could and should have gone to the VG RE figures. I think more people would be interested in 4 figures based on 4 RE VG characters than 4 figures based on 1 RE movie character. I think HT's course of action is retarded (I don't like using the R-word, but in this situation it really applies).

:goodpost: Greatest post ever!

The third Re movie is pretty cool as a post apocolyptic sci fi movie but it's so disconnected from the REverse that, thats all it felt like...a post apocolyptic sci fi movie.

I love the movies, all of them, and I think you just hit the nail on the head as to why; with the possible exclusion of the first, they really don't have much to do with the RE games at all. You have to remove yourself from that way of thinking to really enjoy them. The movies are their own thing, but still vaguely part of the REverse for the sake of marketing and what-not. It's an excuse to make an action flick with a hot chick lead in the hopes that it will make a ton of money. I guess that plan has worked well enough if the fourth is almost out, right?

But you know what... I honestly don't mind. I don't have much of an affinity for the RE games to be honest, but even if I did I still wouldn't mind. I think the movies are great for what they are. Certainly entertaining. And I agree, I enjoyed the third movie as a fun post-apocalyptic sci-fi flick. It bugs me when die hard RE games fans get angry at the movies. The games and the movies can all co-exist quite happily.

Reminds me of the Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator TV spin-off. I adore the show, but several die-hard Terminator fans were infuriated by it and decided to completely ignore its existence. I don't really get it, to be honest. It's not like it's ruining anything for them. It's just a different take on something that already exists.

While I'm in the minority and love the movies and not so much the games, I still agree with you to a point. I'd be happy with just the one Alice. Maybe two for a choice of outfit (not really a fan of displaying more than one figure of a particular character). I think one for each film is slightly overdoing it. But whatever, the franchise is huge - and growing - so it's not like these are INSTEAD OF the game figures, just means they might have to spread their resources a little more.

If they're good, I'll be buying an Alice. This one from the second film, given the choice:

resident-evil-apocalypse-alice1.jpg

wish hot toys would do something else they are wasting there time with the resident evil movies they are all just awful

I'd buy an Alice from RE1... the movies are so-so, but still quite fun if you can switch off your mind.

When it comes to the first film, I can switch off my mind and enjoy it a tad because there arn't any characters from the game (with the exception of the Licker and zombies) but the sequels introduce some of my favorite characters from the game only to _____ them out to make Alice look cooler so I can't switch my mind off to that. It kills the movies for me. I mean the Nemesis saving the day at the end of Apocalypse was beyond ludicris. He is perhaps the most terrifying villain in the whole series (and my favorite creature in the series) and to see something like that really pissed me off.

When it comes to the first film, I can switch off my mind and enjoy it a tad because there arn't any characters from the game (with the exception of the Licker and zombies) but the sequels introduce some of my favorite characters from the game only to _____ them out to make Alice look cooler so I can't switch my mind off to that. It kills the movies for me. I mean the Nemesis saving the day at the end of Apocalypse was beyond ludicris. He is perhaps the most terrifying villain in the whole series (and my favorite creature in the series) and to see something like that really pissed me off.

i agree the first film was ok im like ok i can see this is going but when they bring out the characters from the game it just didnt fit

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back