Hot Toys Wrath of Khan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure the may have cropped up before, but I wonder if Hot Toys would ever consider a range of Trek figure from the wrath of khan?
After watching this on bluray last night I thought these characters have such potential as high quailty figures. I'd snap up Kirk, Spock & McCoy without hesitation and maybe Scotty in his engineering uniform.

The trio are such iconic characters I'm really suprised they haven't been made and yet so many forgetable characters have been made from other movies? Hopefully HT may made them for the 30th anniversary in 2012?

It'd be great, every time khan shelfdives you can pull a kirk and scream

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

And actualy be justifieed.

no. hot toys doesn't even have a star trek license, and that's usually the first step. if they did get the star trek license, making khan would be like getting a watchmen license and making silk spectre as opposed to rorschach.

A mix of Wrath of Khan figures and the new Star Trek movie would be a great way to start a HT Star Trek line, imo.

Unfortunately the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (or the one) This'll never happen bud. Just not enough demand. Sad but true...

Any of the StarFleet characters would be easy for Hot Toys to pump out quickly do to them having same uniforms just different ranking pins, well Uhura would be a tad different. The characters that would really take longer to develop(not too long though) would be anything Klingon and maybe Khan.

This line would definitely bring in more money then Mars Attacks and maybe Watchmen and Blade. There is a lot of Star Trek fans out there that would definitely pick these up if they turn out really good and are marketed well enough over various Star Trek forums.

khaaaaaan.jpg

Personally I would prefer them to be wearing the outfits from the series. The big question is should Kirk wear the lime green that the shirt actually was, or the gold it appeared to be?

Like some of said already, if hot toys was to make trek figures I would prefer them to be from the show. I'd buy a spock, kirk and McCoy for sure. Depending on my mood maybe even a scotty

I'd be totally cool with TOS versions, especially if Kirk came with his iconic chair with lights.

I would rather the movie uniforms though, i love the military style uni more.

Hot Toys needs to get better about releasing main characters first, or else half the crew would be missing.

That said, I would consider buying TOS or 2009 movie figures way before TWoK, but that would depend heavily on the price. I'm not sure I would be willing to pay regular Hot Toys prices for them.

I have pretty much given up hope of anyone doing a run of licensed Star Trek figures from any series.Scifimetropolis had several prototypes produced but they were never able to obtain a license to produce them. They tried to piggyback on the Art Asylum/Diamond license, but Diamond decided to do the 1/4 scale figures instead. There is a price point that most Trekkies wont cross, for 12 inch figures it's around $50.00. So Hot Toys would really be wasting their time and efforts trying to do anything Star Trek. I'm sure they would do a great job, but the price point would make it a pass for the vast majority of Star Trek fans. Plus there are too many characters in each version to ever expect most of the main characters to be made. If Hot Toys did WOK you might be offered Kirk, Spock and either McCoy or Khan. I doubt they would go any deeper than that. There are custom heads and even a short run of original series figures over in the custom section. This is probably the best bet for figures nowadays.

Yea i know right, do the old school figures now and then do the new Trek figures after the next movie is released.

ksm_twok.jpg

Kirk and Bones can both come with their away mission coats they wore on Regula One.

HOT TOYS producing STAR TREK figures?

That's like saying Sideshow is dedicated to completing all figures in 1:6 from GI JOE and continuing the Indiana Jones license in 1:6.

:slap

Back