Hot Toys Wrath of Khan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look hard enough around these forums you'll find that there are options out there that you can get your hands on that will make you not care if HT ever does anything Trek.

picture18ri.png

picture21k.png

Here's an idea of what would have been available, had Scifimetropolis secured the license. In my mind this would have been the horse to back as they planned to go deep into the character pool. They already had prototypes of Kirk/Spock/McCoy/Scotty/Kang/radiation burned Pike IN CHAIR/Marta (yvonne Craig Orion slave girl). They had started but incomplete sculpts of young Pike, Sulu and a couple of others. It's a real shame this never happened as I don't see anybody willing to go past the big three.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54174

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67802

Last edited:
I'd say those are definitely on par with some DID sculpts, maybe a tad better.

Still, i want a Movie Masterpiece Capt Kirk from TWOK or release a single figure with various uniforms to cover how he looks from ST2-7,including his parka and his service vest similar to what Picard wears casually and various phaser models and communicators.

Since Dragon have released some Next Gen 12" figures, maybe they'd be our best bet for the classic crew?

Have you seen their TNG figures? Figure fodder at best. Look at the previous posts. Classic Trek IS available! And from a variety of sources. SFM, Spenser and Nanjin are issuing sculpts and the rest of what Nanjin is doing is nothing short of stellar. Getting DML to try it would be a step [or more] backward.

I'd say those are definitely on par with some DID sculpts, maybe a tad better.

Still, i want a Movie Masterpiece Capt Kirk from TWOK or release a single figure with various uniforms to cover how he looks from ST2-7,including his parka and his service vest similar to what Picard wears casually and various phaser models and communicators.

again... just look around these forums... you'll find that you can get exactly what you're describing/ looking for :)

Have you seen their TNG figures? Figure fodder at best. Look at the previous posts. Classic Trek IS available! And from a variety of sources. SFM, Spenser and Nanjin are issuing sculpts and the rest of what Nanjin is doing is nothing short of stellar. Getting DML to try it would be a step [or more] backward.

Yes, but I'm sure the original poster wants officially licensed versions with the finish and quality control that goes with that.

And I didn't think the Dragon ones looked that bad, though admittedly I haven't seen them in person.

Yes, but I'm sure the original poster wants officially licensed versions with the finish and quality control that goes with that.

And I didn't think the Dragon ones looked that bad, though admittedly I haven't seen them in person.

Understandable, but, with all due respect, NO major manufacturer will have as good quality control and finish as what nanjin is providing. If you were following, or read, the threads involving his projects, you will see that his blood and sweat are in each piece. Everything is overseen personally by him and he has taken several trips abroad to make sure that production standards are kept up.

The dragon sculpts are passable, but the uniforms are ill fitting and the product shown has hardly been worthy of the asking price and, by appearance, falls far short of the standards and quality set forth by the competition companies and/or nanjin's creations.

Ok, all i see is TOS figures..anyone ever make really really nice custom movie figures with the red uniforms?(i didn't search the forum for any), the thread title is related to the movies not TOS or TNG.

Awesome, i just assumed they were TOS related.

That elder Spock sculpt looks damn good and the uniform too.

attachment.php

Back