Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics and rather pricey for the accessories :confused:

We learned he is on a new muscular body and he comes with a second 2 pair of hands. Totally disappointed at this point.

Correction - on a new hairy muscular body. There's a bit of an "ew" factor in that to me!

Yikes on the price tag. He's pretty bare bones for the cost, especially considering what we just got with Vito for $20 less.

^^^^ING AWESOME! I am very excited for this figure.

$10 bucks or so.

I'd rather go with SS as if there is a problem with anything, it is quickly taken care of.

$10 bucks or so.

I'd rather go with SS as if there is a problem with anything, it is quickly taken care of.

Definitely, their customer service is great. For an exclusive I usually go with SS, but otherwise I'd rather not get charged the extra 9-10% CA sales tax.

How often does SS put up a PO without a gallery of pics (for figures)? There's only one photo there.

without an exclusive and the high price I'll go with another retailer. SS has great customer service but there are other places that take care of you just as well.

just pointing out that it say MUSCULAR body, NOT muscle body. The pose the figure is in in that shot is NOT ATTAINABLE with a rubber muscle body. He is likely on the Bigger, more muscular truetype, that the original Arnold terminator, and Lincoln burrows were on, with hair sculpted onto it.
Hard to see in this shot, but compared to the other toys in this pic, you can see his torso is much larger.

review_pb2_large.jpg

This is just my opinion, But Also if you look at his neck in this shot, it looks MORE like hard plastic than rubber to me

20096249242536.jpg

Now, I COULD be wrong, and he could have a soft ruber covering like the medicom goku just on his torso, , but based on those poses, there is NO WAY he's on a body that has rubber arms like dutch, or the earlier rocky figures. he wouldn't be able to get the poses in any of the pictures we've seen so far. AND the rubber would turn black from the jacket Allmost immeadiately. So as soon as you got him and took it off, he would ALREADY have black arms ( found that out by putting a jacket on dutch, then took it off, his arms got stained in under 3 minites), Do you REALLY want that?

without an exclusive and the high price I'll go with another retailer. SS has great customer service but there are other places that take care of you just as well.

I wasn't sold on the sculpt, accessories and the high price tag. Until I see something other than the prototype SS works for me. No cancellation fee if needed.

just pointing out that it say MUSCULAR body, NOT muscle body.

I agree with your concerns on articulation with the rubber muscle body. I am not familiar with the plastic muscular body you refer but, it is a high price tag for a plastic body don't you think?

As my wife is a big Hugh Jackman fan and his portrayal of Wolverine, I ask her what she thinks of the HT Wolverine. The only thing right about the sculpt is the hair and the forehead. The rest seems to be off. As this is just the proto, I hope HT will improve on the sculpt. (I'll then have a sweet reason to spend some serious money on him, on the pretext of giving wolvie to my my wife as gift :lol

I guess ideally it would be great to have Predator's Dutch-style shoulder articulation with Hellboy's Abe-style arm sleeves.

Staining of muscle bodies can only happen if the dye used on the fabric is not set correctly. I guess they don't usually go through that process on fabric used for 1/6 figures because the clothes are not going to be washed/get wet/etc, but if they set the dye properly, no staining should occur.

But the price is ridiculous - I'll stick with Joe who will probably be cheaper, and whose shipping to Australia (if my recent purchase of the HT Godfather is anything to go by) will be less than half the cost quoted by SS.

I don't want any rubber elements, traditional style figure body, full posability, I don't care if Wolverine looks more real with muscly arms if you can't pose him badass like he does on screen and no muscle body can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back