Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id join the club :lol. Its a very good looking headsculpt. I can see Hugh Jackman instantly. Of course its not perfect but it is still pretty damn incredible to me.

Oh and you could try being a little less rude.

w/e anyways, not saying its a bad fig, just not accurate, which makes it.....so so

Yep. That is exactly the problem. We get so used to these being 100% perfect now that when something is just a little off it is all of a sudden horrible. Does this look like Jackson's Wolverine? Yes. Is it 100% perfect? No. It is obvious to every single person that could see that pic of who it is and who it is supposed to be.

Exactly, and Hot Toys also encourages it because they respond to it, which isn't a bad thing. It's good Hot Toys strives for the best and listens to fans, but it's just staggering to me how small a detail people will examine these portraits down to nowadays.

I see a lot of portraits now scrutinized down to a micrometer difference in the shape or size of lips or eyelids.

For me, it's one thing when a portrait really doesn't even come close to resembling who it's supposed to be, and another when you have to break out the maginifying glass to find what's not right with it.

I guess I'm just living a bit back in 2005 when it was exciting just to have things leaps and bounds better than Hasbro figures and the revelation of a new figure was a time of delight where not it's like the minute that first picture hits, it's like a high school biology class disecting a frog, like it's just something new to scrutinize rather than enjoy.

I guess that's the big thing for me, not the critiquing and all, but the presentation of it at this site, maybe people are still having fun with the hobby, but some of the posting quality really doesn't convey any fun and delight in it, it comes of more like this elitist status symbol thing and I'm not a fan of that, and if people are having fun, I wish that would come through as much as the critical side because this site needs more of that.

Does it look like Wolverine? Yes, the claws give it away. Does it look like Hugh? No, but with a little tweaking it would. Hopefully Hot Toys will do just that.

Does it look like Wolverine? Yes, the claws give it away. Does it look like Hugh? No, but with a little tweaking it would. Hopefully Hot Toys will do just that.

Finally! SOMEBODY agrees with me......sheesh

it looks like Hugh Wolverine to me so thats why im pre-ordering this. im really excited to be able to get a 1/6th scale wolverine in my collection and if Hot Toys ends up improving the headsculpt thats awesome and if not ill still be excited about having this in my collection when he comes out

i want to see jackman, but i don't :/

comparisonwolverine.jpg

From this preview pic... likeness aint there. Particularly funny because the newsletter specfically said its great for people wanting a Jackman likeness badly lol.

Hey maybe they will make the ubermutant X-O Deadpool to top off the ridiculousness.

Dear Hot Toys..

Please Announced a Sabretooth Figure...or go to hell.

We kidnapped Hugh Jackman, dressed him up as Wolverine and put him on display at our house. His likeness was decent, but not quite right. So, I asked him to leave.

Plus, he clogged the toliet.

I hate it when my collectibles don´t look absolutely perfect. :D

I'm definitely pre ordering on Thursday...I'm not gonna let little turds tell me the likeness ain't spot on because I'll form my own opinion...and let them marinate in their negativity...

I will be pre-ordering too. I hope to get more figures from the line but the lack of info regarding this line is a bit concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back