Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Probably posted... Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

She looks amazing! I too hope this is a good sign that they'll do all 6. If they announce Ozy it practically guarantees it. If they do NO, Com, Ror as rumoured would they really leave out Dr. M?? One of the most memorable and iconic figures, right up there with Rorschach and Comedian? And if they do him as well, then I'd be surprised if they stop at 5/6.

Honestly, all I want is Rorschach and Nite Owl :naughty

Hopefully unless the initial reports of the first three were overexaggerated. It was thought that Silk Spectre II would be an addition to the Hot Angels line so it very well could be that one of the previously announced ones was scrapped in favor of this. Fingers crossed that we'll get all six including Dr. Manhattan.

I wonder how pre-sales have done on that Silken Floss figure and if they were high if that impacted a possible decision to go with a Silk Spectre over one of the guys. Could add up. Either way. Here's to all six hopefully happening :rock

Re: silk espectre hot toys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like her. terrible waste of HT's time doing such a rubbish "super hero" licence. they could have not done the Watchmans and made something good instead.
so there!

7 pages in, and nobody commented that she looks like angelina jolie? what's wrong with you?

not exact likeless, but i'm more curious to see what's underneath the coat. and i hope hottoys would take their time to do each figure. let the best talent sculpt each figure. it'd be frustrating if we want to complete all 6, and they give us 3 great sculpts and 3 mediocre ones, like marcus

Leaked pics gone for now. :(

Last edited:

I'm not sure I like her bodysuit much, but I don't know what options they had in 1/6 scale.

are we taking bets HT actually makes all the main characters?

I'm saying they go 4 and out.

Not really digging the body suit, but what can you do.

there. finally full pictures. thanks for sharing, Batty.

i dont know... something is taking away her sexiness. the head a tad too big for the body? upper body too short?

Jump suit needs to be skin tight I think - too much layering for 1/6

Get her into the right pose and she will look good. I have no problems paying the price for this one.

Something looks off. Perhaps it is the leather outfit which should be very thin. I guess it is hard to make the leather 1/6 scale thin. The should also make her face look younger.

At least the figures are announced! Congrats Watchmen fans! The day has finally arrived.

I found these pics over at Tommy Richardson's blog, btw. But I don't think they're his photos.

I agree about the body suit, but this is probably the best HT could do. You know they didn't rush this figure.

I think the corset piece isn't quite tight enough and I don't like the thigh cut joint peeking out, likeness isn't 100% but it's still an awesome and surprising figure. I also think these nits will be a lot less noticeable in person.

I don't think HT can resist making a Dr. M. It's seems the kind of character they love to do.

agree with the consensus. the suit is just awful. i've seen barbie's swimwear that would make a better fit. and that zipper is just too big.

fine like this though:
pic removed

Last edited:

Jump suit needs to be skin tight I think - too much layering for 1/6

:lecture The body suit, exposed TT parts make her resemble an expensive Barbie. The leather jacket would be a must to cover the dolly parts :D

Great sculpt tho.

agree with the consensus. the suit is just awful. i've seen barbie's swimwear that would make a better fit. and that zipper is just too big.

I don't think the suit is awful, just a bit bulky. And it's understandable since the material has to be both durable and flexible for posing. The zippers are fine. I've got several of those on various costumes and they're a decent scale and very tiny. Other than making it a bit tighter and sacrificing articulation, overall, I think HT did great job with such a difficult costume.

After almost a year of anticiption, Hot Toys finally reveals the labor of their hardwork and all they get is ^^^^^ing and nit-picking....

I think it looks good so far. It's still being worked on right? I hope alterations are made before the official pics appear.

It's cool that the first figure they chose to reveal from this line is Silk Spectre II. I hope Ozymandias is next, followed by Doc Manhattan (I'm interested to see how they'll tackle the character).

:lol I like it! I think the likeness is really good, they definitely got the Doll Hair to look realistic and the costuming is a bit bulky but I don't think takes away from the overall look of the characters especially since at least for me she'll be in a static display. I have no reservations about picking this up and the ONLY disappointment that I have is the fact only one was announced and not two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back