Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my question, it seems like these HT leaks occur all too frequently...

My reasoning for the leaks - you get a fresh set of eyes looking at the photos, you get your target audience looking at the photos, you shut down all the "Whens it coming" questions, you don't have to pay or compensate for the opinions and at the end of the day you can say "not meant for distribution" once you receive the info you want and away go the pics.

before BR joker, i might agree with that. but it's a whole different ball game now.

Ok let me rephrase that...when it is a normal human face than that is what it is all about. The hair and the paint pretty much make BR joker recognizable without a doubt, plus the scars.

Ok let me rephrase that...when it is a normal human face than that is what it is all about. The hair and the paint pretty much make BR joker recognizable without a doubt, plus the scars.

nope, it's the face that makes it instantly recognizable. paint and scar comes second. and godfather looks good even without the scar.

I'd have to say it's not a great likeness...an OK one maybe, but not great.

The eyes look a bit too oriental, for lack for a better description, the nose looks a little too straight (Ackermans nose seems to turn up a little at the end), the mouth seems a little too wide & turns up at the corners a bit too much, and her head seems a little too short. All those factors, to me, add up to only an OK likeness.
It reminds me slightly of "You Only Live Twice", when they made James Bond look oriental. ;) :D

111008_watchmenposter.jpg
Watchmen.jpg

Please everyone just ignore him.

As for the leaked pics - it's definitely NOT on purpose. They share these pics with people in the industry and perhaps there's a communication breakdown or something about them not being for dissemination - but it's not a marketing test or anything like that.

As for the likeness on Silk Spectre II - she was made up to look different ages in the film and this portrait appears to be of her as the older Laurie. Perhaps some are looking at pictures of the younger version and getting confused.

I'd have to say it's not a great likeness...an OK one maybe, but not great.

The eyes look a bit too oriental, for lack for a better description, the nose looks a little too straight (Ackermans nose seems to turn up a little at the end), the mouth seems a little too wide & turns up at the corners a bit too much, and her head seems a little too short. All those factors, to me, add up to only an OK likeness.
It reminds me slightly of "You Only Live Twice", when they made James Bond look oriental. ;) :D

111008_watchmenposter.jpg
Watchmen.jpg

I think this pic shows the best likeness:

3337535378_43b40ca173.jpg

On that one, her mouth is also a bit open and the eyes seem a little bit more Asian.

Overall I'm very pleased with the likeness of this figure!
I can't wait to see more official pics :)

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully we'll see some more official pics. There's something in that one that just makes her look...for lack of a better term...a little hard to me, I guess. Ackerman's features strike me as a bit softer. No biggie....

nope, it's the face that makes it instantly recognizable. paint and scar comes second. and godfather looks good even without the scar.

If you take away the sculpted hair, all the paint and the scars with a normal smile I doubt it would be that recognizable.

You guys might want to use something other than "Oriental" to describe the eyes. Some people might take offense to that. :lol

You guys might want to use something other than "Oriental" to describe the eyes. Some people might take offense to that. :lol

If I have offended someone, then I apologize sincerely.
I didn't mean anything bad by it, but I didn't know another way to say it...

So I'm sorry to anyone who might have taken offense!

Last edited:
Asian. Oriental is used for foods and rugs which is why people get offended. Just an FYI

Asian. Oriental is used for foods and rugs which is why people get offended. Just an FYI

OK, thank you! :)

I won't be making that mistake again.

Edit: Changed it in my other post :)

Last edited:
Finally saw the pics everyone was talking about, I think she looks great, I don't really have much interest in the Watchmen but it is Def a hot fig!!

I agree though some ares of the outfit aren't as skin tight as it should be, especially the top part of her black gloves....from the pics I saw there is too much seperation from her arm.

When I saw the teaser image I could instantly see who she was... even the face looks right to me. Sure if you scrutinize images you can find some differences, but to my eye it looks damn good.

I'll order this one with the hopes that we see others. Really interested in seeing how the Comedian and Owl are translated... they had some very cool costume designs.

Ok, yeah, this will be the first Hot Toys line I'll actually buy into...

Is there a preferred retailer around here that you guys use? I've never done much collecting in this scale.

Toys.net or Toysquare seems to be the preferred place. A lot of folks buy from Big Bad Toystore as well, but they seem to get things much much later.

I think this is a great looking figure. I wasnt much for the Watchmen but i may pick this one up. I think The likeness is there. Are there any other shots of the sculpt from different angles? Maybe the reason it was said she looked like Jolie is the two actresses have similar features to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back