1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is the best they've done but I wouldn't call it nailed either.

I checked out the full slate of pics at Sideshow. I can live with it from some angles. Not crazy about the expression, but will hope the impression of the figure as a whole is more positive than not once it's in hand.

As far as it being the best portrait, I'd still give the nod to the first Ultron one.
Both that and CW looked fine to me, though they're both hobbled quite a bit by the obvious doll hair.

Just seeing the pic above this post now. Yeah, looks good there. Hair sculpt could stand a little tweaking to boost it, but I could easily live with that portrait assuming the production pieces don't take a Boseman.

Really glad that the crown isn't permanent... Now all they gotta do is make the hair the proper shade of red and I'll want another sculpt to use with the AoU "New Avengers" Wanda also.

Not a chance her paint application will look anywhere near as good as that isntagram photo.

But if I was a Wandavision fan I'd be happy with this, the design of her SW costume is very nice and translates to a nice shelf presence piece.

I know this was intended to be a joke...but how sad is it that this turned out to be true! :slap

Yeah, I had a gut feeling that "joke" prediction was going to be spot on. :( My AoU Vision will do just fine for me.

Welp, I thought her hairstyle on the show lent itself to rooted, given how frizzy and poofy it was. And Gamora 2.0 has shown us that HT is capable of doing good rooted hair if it wants to. Short hair female figures should always go rooted (I'm looking at you IW Black Widow!), but I think long hair can have exceptions...oh well, looks like sculpted is the future now, so no point trying to fight it.

Obviously you meant to type sculpted here. I agree that rooted probably would have captured her look in the show much better, but in the long run I think this sculpted look will be fine. Too bad that headdress isn't removable. If it was we could put it on one of our old rooted sculpts and use that for the hooded look when desired. I suppose we could still do that sans headdress.

Really glad that the crown isn't permanent... Now all they gotta do is make the hair the proper shade of red and I'll want another sculpt to use with the AoU "New Avengers" Wanda also.

Are we sure the crown isn't permanent? It doesn't indicate that in the Sideshow description. I thought the same when I saw the head sculpt without the crown, but would sure like some confirmation from the pre-order pics or verbiage...

If you look at the images of it in display the crown is sitting higher on her head. Also I highly doubt they would show the sculpt without it if it wasn't removable.

I’ll probably just pick up a spare head to have rerooted and repainted with red eyes so it can have that teased and frizzed look. I can easily see one of the KO companies recasting this with different sculpted hairstyles and outfits, especially Halloween and maybe the B&W episode. Other than (hopefully) White Vision, I think Scarlet Witch and Vision will be the extent of HT’s WandaVision line. My guess now is that Hot Toys is holding White Vision for a Toy Fair exclusive release.

I dunno guys, I'm usually in the camp of saying people are overly critical of likenesses....but I struggle to see how this is the perfect rendition of the Scarlet Witch we saw:

witch.jpg

IMO the hair is wrong, the crown is wrong, the face is off, and even the body choice doesn't suit Olsen's frame. Plus the arm seams really cheapen it and make it look like a Barbie doll. I guess in 2021 we still haven't figured out how to do seamless bodies?

I'd need to see more real life photos before jumping on this...and I really want to love it.

This is the Wanda I?ve been waiting for! I can?t order til the end of the month - I hope she doesn?t get waitlisted.

Edit: Fack it I?ve pre ordered. Had over $80 in give card and reward pointsz That escalated quickly.

Can anyone explain to me how the red eyes work on the figure? I am a bit confused on how the effect works. I also pray they don't change the molded hair sculpt. I prefer how it looks here on the figure vs how it looked on the show.

Thanks

This is the Wanda I?ve been waiting for! I can?t order til the end of the month - I hope she doesn?t get waitlisted.
I don’t believe a figure has ever been waitlisted at Sideshow prior to actual shipment. Hot Toys will make as many as there are orders received plus how many ever extra distributors want to buy.

Waitlist only happens when the surge for purchases comes after manufacturing is complete and exceeds the number of additional unclaimed figures on order by Sideshow.

No but Bo Katan does. I do think this is HT best Scarlet Witch sculpt/figure.

Oh right, I really thought which SW you could mean, but yeah, I get it now. Have to agree though that this the best Scarlet Witch to date. I currently have the Age of Ultron version which I still like a lot though.

I don?t believe a figure has ever been waitlisted at Sideshow prior to actual shipment. Hot Toys will make as many as there are orders received plus how many ever extra distributors want to buy.

Waitlist only happens when the surge for purchases comes after manufacturing is complete and exceeds the number of additional unclaimed figures on order by Sideshow.

Fair point. Oh well, I?m all in now anyway.

Gonna have to get a rooted knock off sculpt for displaying with the hood up.

New hair, move crown up and get rid of those shoulder seams, or they would be hidden by more accurate hair anyway.

I don?t believe a figure has ever been waitlisted at Sideshow prior to actual shipment. Hot Toys will make as many as there are orders received plus how many ever extra distributors want to buy.

It used to happen a lot more often, but it's been much more of a rarity the last few years.

Back in the day, the battle damaged Mk VII went waitlisted within a number of hours.

I dunno guys, I'm usually in the camp of saying people are overly critical of likenesses....but I struggle to see how this is the perfect rendition of the Scarlet Witch we saw:

witch.jpg

IMO the hair is wrong, the crown is wrong, the face is off, and even the body choice doesn't suit Olsen's frame. Plus the arm seams really cheapen it and make it look like a Barbie doll. I guess in 2021 we still haven't figured out how to do seamless bodies?

I'd need to see more real life photos before jumping on this...and I really want to love it.

The expression needs to be different..this is the same expression they gave her in all previous HT versions. For what it?s worth, I think the price is decent for a HT with a effect gimmick though

Back