Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah true, but the difference with Aragorn is he was meant to be king as the only living heir to the throne of Gondor, he realized that, and stepped up when middle earth needed a king to lead them in their final fight. Mando has no birthright or claim to the throne anymore then Bo-Katan does or Boba. That's what makes him an awesome character he can be the one to bring his people together, and restore their home while also breaking old traditions and create new ones. Like he said in S1 in the final episode when Moff revealed his full name, "Mandalorians aren't a people it's a creed". I imagine he'll leave and continue to go on adventures with Grogu until we get to the horrible films we've gotten recently.

Yeah there are definitely ways to use the themes in the show to tell that story. I'm expecting a little more straight forward story along the lines of :he has the dark Saber and can forge a new path from Mandalore having grown as a character trhough his adventures. As Mandalore he can remake the creed into whatever he sees fit and I'm sure a lot of the changes he's gone through in terms of grogu, no longer hating droids, removing his helmet etc will all come into play.

But yeah again either way would be cool with me.

I heard we’re going to find out he’s actually a Palpatine clone who later fathers Rey Skywalker. It’s about family.
Go Away GIF

View attachment 615508View attachment 615509

The weathering is like 2x-3x heavier than the prototype.

That's a deal breaker. What a mess. The weathering on the proto is a little heavy in places but is far better than what they actually gave us.
I can either hope they release a season 3 version that will hopefully have cleaner chrome armour. And wait a couple of years for its release.
Buy clean chrome armour from a customiser
Buy an airbrush, learn how to use it, repaint the armour myself.
Damn it Hot Toys.

As far as S3 story arc, I don't see Mando claiming the throne, maybe helping free/unite his peeps, but not to claim power. The only reason he ended up with the Darksaber was to save the Yoby, he had no interest in power, or what the saber symbolized.
And even tried to surrender it to Bo.
the opportunity to redeem himself through the "living waters beneath the mines of Mandalor".
Where he''ll likely awaken the (supposedly extinct) Mythasaur (which she just happens to name check) .
He might inadvertently lead people into action for a greater good, but that's a different kind of power. I think he walks from the throne, and leaves the rule to Bo or that Sabine character if she shows.
Then the trope is- he walks off into the sunset to continue his wandering - cue theme music.
:cwink:

5f1u1r.gif
Or as someone else mentioned a coronation armor that is made to make him the lord mandalor. But I always liked the way Mando has been portrayed as Lone wolf and cub or the man with no name. Better he helps bring Mandalor back together and reunite everyone only to walk away and ride off into the sunset as a legend like those other badasses.
;)
Agree he likely awakens the supposedly extinct mythasaur in the "living-waters beneath the mines", might use the saber to lead and reunite the clans, offered the throne, some new MandaLord crowned helmet, new royal cape & pauldron, ....:wink1:(whatever they can pack in there)
By end, hope he rejects it all, and walks off into the sunset to continue his wandering. ....cue Mando theme.

Last edited:
337802-mando-grogu-s2.jpg

Yeah that kitchen lighting might up the contrast
Yet whoever was in charge of the speckling airbrush on that one had it cranked up hi.
Don't know if they do running changes, hopefully the QC on the next batch going out, has it turned down lower.

On Hippo guys it dosn't look that harsh or, lighting really effects it...
75viqj.gif

75vdy3.gif

75viau.gif

Last edited:
I was struggling with the pose to use with this one as I love the "nomad" look with all the gear on his back and Grogu in the pouch, but also really like the head sculpt and the looking at Grogu in hands pose. The weathering sort of seals the deal that it'll be the nomad look as that at least supports that specific look from those episodes. I'm not terribly bothered by the weathering and will hold judgement until I have it in hand.

I was struggling with the pose to use with this one as I love the "nomad" look with all the gear on his back and Grogu in the pouch, but also really like the head sculpt and the looking at Grogu in hands pose. The weathering sort of seals the deal that it'll be the nomad look as that at least supports that specific look from those episodes. I'm not terribly bothered by the weathering and will hold judgement until I have it in hand.
Don't have the bike or gear, leaning towards Saber and Spear...
75vftx.gif

75velk.gif

75vedi.gif

Last edited:
Back