Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

wow with that price I definitely think I'm getting priced out of the mainstream licensees. I guess on the whole that's better. We're only $15 shy of $300 a pop for a standard figure with the most recent DX Batman being only $5 more than this (of course lots of reused parts on that one). I'm going to have to be even mooooore selective now that I already was :lol

I know some folks really wanted this character made but anybody who says this sculpt is even decent or "ok" is simply lying to themselves. It looks horrendous. I can't believe HT is ok with putting this up for public view. The lousy RDJ sculpt that they eventually did a recall on is miles better than this.

wow with that price I definitely think I'm getting priced out of the mainstream licensees. I guess on the whole that's better. We're only $15 shy of $300 a pop for a standard figure with the most recent DX Batman being only $5 more than this (of course lots of reused parts on that one). I'm going to have to be even mooooore selective now that I already was :lol

Exactly right, Gipetto.

Thing is, Hot Toys has a customer base that is addicted to its merchandise, and no real competition. That is the exact recipe for there being for all intents and purposes no practical ceiling for their pricing, and all too predictable cyclical increases without an end in sight.

This will continue until they finally get to a level where a significant portion on the customer base says, “nope, too much, not paying it.” But, again, devout collectors are a unique market. Before we get to the point of “Nope”, we’ll do anything and everything to try to budget, and Flexpay our way out of turning our back on what we love to collect.

It’s good to be a Hot Toys in this paradigm.

Exactly right, Gipetto.

Thing is, Hot Toys has a customer base that is addicted to its merchandise, and no real competition. That is the exact recipe for there being for all intents and purposes no practical ceiling for their pricing, and all too predictable cyclical increases without an end in sight.

This will continue until they finally get to a level where a significant portion on the customer base says, “nope, too much, not paying it.” But, again, devout collectors are a unique market. Before we get to the point of “Nope”, we’ll do anything and everything to try to budget, and Flexpay our way out of turning our back on what we love to collect.

It’s good to be a Hot Toys in this paradigm.

For sure, there will always be a market for these and there will always be folks willing to pay the price just like with high-priced custom figures. And there's nothing wrong with that either for the ppl who can regular afford it all. For me, as much as I love these, it is getting/has gotten to the point where I don't see the value. They look fantastic (for the most part), don't me wrong. But $300/figure plus sideshows high shipping and tax makes it really difficult for me to pull the trigger on anything these days. And as we know with this figure, Sideshow really has a strangle hold on smaller retailers so there's really no way to wait and see what the end result looks like to then PO at your preferred retailer for a slightly more affordable option.

Katee Sackhoff is not an attractive woman to start with, but she is definitely better looking than this very manly headsculpt. I may or may not get this, as I do think the rest of the figure looks very good, and I?d had no plans to display her without the helmet anyway even if I do buy her.

But she's quite charming and very feminine in that role despite playing a tough Mandalorian, this hs idk looks... "rough and irritating".

But whatever I'll display with the helmet on eventually.

I know some folks really wanted this character made but anybody who says this sculpt is even decent or "ok" is simply lying to themselves. It looks horrendous. I can't believe HT is ok with putting this up for public view. The lousy RDJ sculpt that they eventually did a recall on is miles better than this.

Just because you say so...doesn't necessarily make it so. I think it's 85% there...far far from horrendous. BUT art...like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm thankful this price hike came on this figure and not something I really, really wanted.

I will try to pick this up off ebay when she drops a year or more from now. Maybe get lucky in the first few weeks when prices are normal. No way I will PO this from Sideshow with their shipping AND CA tax.

I'm thankful this price hike came on this figure and not something I really, really wanted.

I will try to pick this up off ebay when she drops a year or more from now. Maybe get lucky in the first few weeks when prices are normal. No way I will PO this from Sideshow with their shipping AND CA tax.

Timewalker and BBTS sold out of their allotment in a day....Sideshow will likely have her up until release...but I suspect not long after that...you may not want to wait long....

I think they will make extra. But who knows, this could be another Gamora.

Give how big the Clone Wars fanbase is, I don't think this is going to last long. I'm sick over having to go through Sideshow, but this is one I don't think it's worth it to take the risk on. She's a good character.

Sure, Hot Toys is getting more expensive every year. But is she really THAT expensive? She has the same price tag like Mandalorian Boba Fett standard version, and Boba doesn't even come with a headsculpt...

More photos of the head sculpt.

72343eb22970732c03912bbfd1094b45.jpg

32c0c5074743fbcdfc4f38aa95c97228.jpg

0f237b5c36c16e4117d7c1ba6c620a01.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing!

Not Boba Fett level, but still much better than in the promo shots.

It's a buy for me. She will look great beside Din Djarin.

This figure is the same price as Jango Fett but Jango has way more stuff. 2 headsculpt, 2 jet packs, 2 pistols, a swap out headset, swap out dome, flame thrower effect, poncho and a firing missile. Commander Cody actually cost less than this and also has more stuff, including a light up hologram arm. I think what it comes down to is, you're really just paying for an intricate costume. And the headsculpt looks like it might be constructed out of multiple parts.

$285
157362706_10157870611472344_1447965599388100399_o.jpg

$285
121693965_10157570853987344_5967109795351229581_o.jpg

$243
51960920_10156058954892344_8351869433865568256_o.jpg

.....ah the days when i preordered Cody and i used a bunch of points, he was just a smidge over $200 when i got done..... and it felt like he was practically free!!!

Then we had Jango, ferociously expensive but had to do it. It was mandatory. He comes with the poncho, i mean come ON. How detailed is that?!!

Bo comes with.... A grand total of two Westar pistols. And a jet pack.....Cody practically had his own damn armory by comparison.

I dunno. Still.

I wouldn't buy this if it was $200.

She looks so much better with the helmet on that the second sculpt, as it stands, was a pointless exercise.

Can't see having much use for it, even in a kitbash of a random figure.

Maybe stick it on the empty spike on original Mando's base. lol

Even if the sculpt was perfect, the headband and hairstyle look goofy to me, would never use it.

Back