Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

It's such a shame that Sideshow keeps such a stranglehold on inventory. Why can't they just let retailers order as many as they can, to let anybody who wants one, get one? Nope, they have to have it all themselves.

Jeez, imagine if you could get a new videogame for $60 from Target or Wal-Mart only for the first hour and then after that you had to order direct from Sony for $75 plus an inflated shipping cost.

I just can't understand anyone ordering from Sideshow at this point. What a greedy, abusive company.

If anything Hot Toys should have tried years ago to establish a physical presence in the US and start their own distribution. Not sure how much their deal with sideshow would have hindered progress in that direction, but there's certainly enough demand in the US to warrant it.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

If anything Hot Toys should have tried years ago to establish a physical presence in the US and start their own distribution. Not sure how much their deal with sideshow would have hindered progress in that direction, but there's certainly enough demand in the US to warrant it.

Yeah, I also put it somewhat on Hot Toys. It's amazing how they often sell themselves as still being a small Hong Kong company. They need to step it up and put a distribution hub in the US, Europe and Asia.

Anyone ever order through Collectorzown? I see Jedha Patrol advertise them in his videos. They have discount code for signing up and it looks like the total would be like $492. Kind of thinking of giving them a try.

Anyone ever order through Collectorzown? I see Jedha Patrol advertise them in his videos. They have discount code for signing up and it looks like the total would be like $492. Kind of thinking of giving them a try.

I don?t know. If you use a discount code, you have to pay upfront. If not you can do some sort of payment plan that is all odd, according to the owner.

You can go that route if you want. But I?m not a fan of his payment plans.

I must say it's pretty surreal to see my #1 want from this show so spectacularly realized. Dare I hope for a Lang (Michael Biehn)? :pray:

Hot Toys making a Michael Biehn figure :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :monkey2:banghead

Anyway, this looks pretty good.

I kind of see it from Hot Toys perspective, why put allllll that effort into things when you can just distrubute things to someone else and do it for you? Hot Toys never has to worry about inventory standing around since they've got their money from the wholesale side.

I've ordered from them before and have had good experiences. There's a facebook group, and the owner Marcos is on there. I've done the payment plans with him, I basically did everything through Facebook messenger, I don't even think I had an online pass or anything haha. I got some great deals when they were running some 20-25% off sales. Their website prices are inflated but they do deals sometimes, but I'll be honest I haven't ordered there in a while, just drifted to other stores.

Deluxe ordered :yess:
I'd be wary of anything advertised by the bigger reviewers. If you can get it for cheaper go for it but they have their own promotion deals.

I kind of see it from Hot Toys perspective, why put allllll that effort into things when you can just distrubute things to someone else and do it for you? Hot Toys never has to worry about inventory standing around since they've got their money from the wholesale side.

Sure, but the other side of that coin is why have a middle man? Why get a piece of the pie when you can have the whole thing? Based on Sideshow's best sellers its pretty clear they're afloat almost entirely on Hot Toys. Even a small warehouse of Hot Toys own and no brick and mortar would likely be a huge boon for their business.

They'll probably just open a 50th secret base instead though :thud:

I've ordered from them before and have had good experiences. There's a facebook group, and the owner Marcos is on there. I've done the payment plans with him, I basically did everything through Facebook messenger, I don't even think I had an online pass or anything haha. I got some great deals when they were running some 20-25% off sales. Their website prices are inflated but they do deals sometimes, but I'll be honest I haven't ordered there in a while, just drifted to other stores.
I thought their prices were inflated too, but talking with the owner (Marcos) everything is included in the price they show. The price for the deluxe Boba Fett is priced at $546.99, but after the 10% off discount for registering with them it like $492.

Sure, but the other side of that coin is why have a middle man? Why get a piece of the pie when you can have the whole thing? Based on Sideshow's best sellers its pretty clear they're afloat almost entirely on Hot Toys. Even a small warehouse of Hot Toys own and no brick and mortar would likely be a huge boon for their business.

Everyones experience is different but i'm happy with Sideshow. Never had any issues that have not been resolved very quickly. I have a ton of figures, three statues, three 1/6 vehicles and i did a very rough quick estimate on how much i saved with $25 codes and reward points and it's well north of $1000 over the years.

Sideshow has been the cheapest (for me) 98% of the time even including shipping.

If Hot Toy's exported their local distribution methodology to the States I guarantee you would all be majorly screwed. Fancy lining up for hours to place your PO? PO's preselling out and there being no additional stock available on release? If you wait for release having to buy from third parties at inflated prices? That's the business model in Hong Kong. Enjoy.

Dang, this one went quick! Everywhere else is waitlist so I panic and PO with ssc. Lol. Damn CA tax.

If Hot Toy's exported their local distribution methodology to the States I guarantee you would all be majorly screwed. Fancy lining up for hours to place your PO? PO's preselling out and there being no additional stock available on release? If you wait for release having to buy from third parties at inflated prices? That's the business model in Hong Kong. Enjoy.

That's a very fair point. Though I wonder if that has more to do with their usage of little brick and mortars to run everything than anything. As I said a little warehouse operation similar to Sideshow's would do wonders. Who knows though if prices would even drop much from such an expansion. Especially, at the rate prices seem to be increasing over the years.

Deluxe pre-ordered from Alter Ego. $470 shipped with the B-day RPs. They too had it at $495 now but best price that I could find.

When I look at it as $235 a figure, it's not too bad at all.

Also I don't think Timewalker charges you at all, they're sold out so I guess the point is moot now.

Timewalker is my preferred retailer and I was able to order the deluxe through them this morning.

It’s a shame they sold out so fast. I wish more people could order from them. They must be frustrated about that as well.

They still have the standard version.

They do not take any payment upfront. They will send a PayPal invoice about a week before arrival if you go with PayPal.

That's a very fair point. Though I wonder if that has more to do with their usage of little brick and mortars to run everything than anything. As I said a little warehouse operation similar to Sideshow's would do wonders. Who knows though if prices would even drop much from such an expansion. Especially, at the rate prices seem to be increasing over the years.

Totally agree that model would not work and they'd need to do it in a more modern fashion. But it's a question of do they want to invest in what's needed to build that level of direct to consumer distribution and the headache that dealing with that volume of customers directly brings. Plus the legal and government red tape. The possible extra profit may just be not worth the hassle and risk to them.

Timewalker is my preferred retailer and I was able to order the deluxe through them this morning.

It?s a shame they sold out so fast. I wish more people could order from them. They must be frustrated about that as well.

They still have the standard version.

They do not take any payment upfront. They will send a PayPal invoice about a week before arrival if you go with PayPal.

I?ll try them for my next hot toys purchase.

Back