Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

Boba Fett Deluxe Version - This is just what I came up with adding it to my cart.

Alter Ego Comics $490 free shipping no tax - They charge your form of payment right away but then release the hold.

Time Walker Toys $480 free shipping no tax - I'm not sure if they require full payment up front or if they do the same thing AE does.

BBTS $505 + $4 shipping + state tax

Toys Wonderland $475 + shipping (2nd batch)

KGHobby $450 - according to their site when I add it to my cart shows free shipping.

SSC $490 + shipping + state tax

CollectorZown $547 - total (shipping and tax included in price)

Has anyone ever done a comparison on when they each get their figures in after Hot Toys releases in HK?

Sideshow gets them first before all else but I always wonder how everyone else stacks up to them. BBTS is usually a month or two after Sideshow. Toyswonderland is direct from HK. Don't know how the rest of them stack up.

Haven't bought from AlterEgo in years but I might start going with them going forward since they do no tax + free shipping + reward points.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

Looks like Brando from Apocalypse Now.

Kurtz with a jetpack, what a great idea.

But is Sideshow your best bet for paying by installments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going via Sideshow means you're paying up to an additional $70 (CA tax plus ship)... so you need to have more than that in Reward Points before it makes sense to order thru SS.

:lol I can definitely see that.

I like it even more now :monkey3

Yeah it's actually kind of an awesomely appropriate comparison if you think about it. :)

Look it's Fett covered in Sarlacc acid, better get the hell out of his way, lol.

apocalypse-now-storia-vera-film.jpg

Going via Sideshow means you're paying up to an additional $70 (CA tax plus ship)... so you need to have more than that in Reward Points before it makes sense to order thru SS.

Yeah rewards and discounts help for sure, but in addition I honestly stick with sideshow for: Receiving first in the US and easier replacements.

stick with sideshow for: Receiving first in the US and easier replacements.

Yes, those are two important benefits.

Only bonus to living in Southern CA is getting the figure in one-day shipping (but the 10+% tax is tough to swallow).

So I guess that means Timewalker gave us $15 off with free shipping, no taxes, and no NRD.

Yeah, those early adopters that ordered last night or this morning got a huge deal.

:)

Yeah rewards and discounts help for sure, but in addition I honestly stick with sideshow for: Receiving first in the US and easier replacements.

Replacements with Alter Ego is just as easy. I had a small piece broke and they basically spoke to Sideshow on my behalf and I got a replacement within a week. It came straight from Sideshow. Sideshow doesn't make sense for me anymore because of tax and shipping (probably $70+ in the case of this 2-pack).

Replacements with any NA retailer will be fine, they all get their parts from Sideshow.

Replacements with Alter Ego is just as easy. I had a small piece broke and they basically spoke to Sideshow on my behalf and I got a replacement within a week. It came straight from Sideshow. Sideshow doesn't make sense for me anymore because of tax and shipping (probably $70+ in the case of this 2-pack).

Interesting that sideshow shipped it directly to you. Never heard of them doing that. Typically, it's sent to the vendor first. At the rate, I've needed replacement parts as of late I definitely haven't regretted ordering from sideshow, but yeah it is steep.

Mostly, tax is the big one though. I tend to get my shipments in 1-2 days being in CA, so I figure it's no different in cost than if I decided to order these with a 1-2 day shipping option.

Replacements with any NA retailer will be fine, they all get their parts from Sideshow.

Yes that's not what I was driving at. What I was talking about was having to wait for comms and shipment between the vendor and sideshow to get those replacements. It's obviously quicker to go to the source than it is to have a middle man in the transaction. Otheradam did say he had a direct shipment though which is interesting.

I love it when Hot Toys beats all other licensees to the punch. And in this case it's with a massively complex double pack of one of SW's most popular and iconic characters. Way to go Hasbro, Funko, Lego, etc., lol.

I pre-ordered this just now from KG. Not a massive Boba fan, but that intro when he gets his armour back was fantastic. And the headsculpt is killer, not to mention a great fofering of a deluxe pack - want to say yet to Hot Toys for more stuff like this and Hellboy.

Well, I'm in for the DX at SSC.

If someone had told me I'd blow my RPs on a Boba fig, I would've laughed a few weeks ago.

The RPs were for the IS 1/4 Mando piece (that one is squirrely anyway:wacky if it even happens) or the long-waited for Cara.:gah:

But - I liked the way this Boba intro'd, and the desert wanderer/black undersuit look, plus the 2 Mandos walking into confront Bo-katan was pretty epic. Looks like one of HT's better efforts.:pray:

Interesting that sideshow shipped it directly to you. Never heard of them doing that. Typically, it's sent to the vendor first. At the rate, I've needed replacement parts as of late I definitely haven't regretted ordering from sideshow, but yeah it is steep.

Mostly, tax is the big one though. I tend to get my shipments in 1-2 days being in CA, so I figure it's no different in cost than if I decided to order these with a 1-2 day shipping option.

From what I understood, at least a few years ago, AlterEgo gets their shipment from Sideshow. At least thats what everyone used to say but things might have changed over the years but it makes sense that they get all their parts from them. Sideshow is also the official NA vendor for Hot Toys so yeah.

Back