Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

Well, I'm in for the DX at SSC.

If someone had told me I'd blow my RPs on a Boba fig, I would've laughed a few weeks ago.

The RPs were for the IS 1/4 Mando piece (that one is squirrely anyway:wacky if it even happens) or the long-waited for Cara.:gah:

But - I liked the way this Boba intro'd, and the desert wanderer/black undersuit look, plus the 2 Mandos walking into confront Bo-katan was pretty epic. Looks like one of HT's better efforts.:pray:

You know that Boba wasn't wearing this outfit in that scene though right?

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

The knee darts bug me now knowing they don't shoot from both sides. I bet HT will fix this... since they really played down the photo op in the PO.

Wow, glad I snagged one at Timewalker when I did. Didn't think they would run out so fast.

Morrison headsculpt looks incredible! I've got no interest in Boba but man how cool that they made a two pack with two complete figures and from the looks, no need to swap parts out to display both unless you want armored Boba w/o the helmet on. Never thought I'd see a two from HT ever again.

His original knee pads have two guns on one side though -- outside the knee.

481088de1ea38a607e345ebea9d4ea5f.jpg

Oh okay so it's a continuity error between ROTJ and Mando and HT just stayed accurate to Mando it looks like.

rocletsga.jpg

(And :lol at the trooper crawling around on all fours like a beast, lol)

I love a great fofering.

Covfefe

Hahaha. You know, I spotted the mistake and I chose to keep it in, I thought it was amusing.

Also, I take it that Temuera Morrison gives no ****s about how he looks in a figure and signs his likeness away 100 percent as all his sculpts are coming out insanely accurate.

Oh okay so it's a continuity error between ROTJ and Mando and HT just stayed accurate to Mando it looks like.

Interesting. As that severely decomposed armor surely is meant to be the "Sarlacc" armor... no time to buy new knee pads.

Maybe Cobb Vanth upgrading those for him?

I wondered why HT didn't favor a picture of the knee pad firing and then realized why... but clearly they got it right.

Interesting. As that severely decomposed armor surely is meant to be the "Sarlacc" armor... no time to buy new knee pads.

Or the jawas. :lol

I wondered why HT didn't favor a picture of the knee pad firing and then realized why... but clearly they got it right.

I'm so used to there being little tweaks/updates to armored designs in SW, from stunt Stormie helmets to hero to the crazy warped buckets in ROTJ, differences in Vader and Fett's suits between films, even Fett's rangefinder inexplicably changing sides in one scene (lol) that I don't even really bother handwaving inaccuracies like this anymore.

Real world answer is the prop team was just lazy and probably just painted a spare Din Djarin/Death Watch knee armor yellow for him:lol

The 90s Cinemax love music is a little offputting but great video! :)

And the chugging frame rate.

But yeah thanks for the link. That headsculpt (even with high intensity lighting on it) is fire !

It's such a shame that Sideshow keeps such a stranglehold on inventory. Why can't they just let retailers order as many as they can, to let anybody who wants one, get one? Nope, they have to have it all themselves.

Jeez, imagine if you could get a new videogame for $60 from Target or Wal-Mart only for the first hour and then after that you had to order direct from Sony for $75 plus an inflated shipping cost.

I just can't understand anyone ordering from Sideshow at this point. What a greedy, abusive company.

Finally got a chance to really look over the po gallery and wow! What a set....

Two stands, one standard support, one "action/flying"...YES! HT needs to include those options with Jango (please)

Perfectly selected accessories and gear looks great. Happy to see the head is one piece with no awkward cut or joint. Here's hoping there's minimal flash and loss of detail in production. Digging the sideways glance...gives him a little attitude instead of that usual dead-eyed stare most portraits end up with.

I'm stoked. Looks great!

Finally got a chance to really look over the po gallery and wow! What a set....

Two stands, one standard support, one "action/flying"...YES! HT needs to include those options with Jango (please)

Perfectly selected accessories and gear looks great. Happy to see the head is one piece with no awkward cut or joint. Here's hoping there's minimal flash and loss of detail in production. Digging the sideways glance...gives him a little attitude instead of that usual dead-eyed stare most portraits end up with.

I'm stoked. Looks great!

It's such a shame that Sideshow keeps such a stranglehold on inventory. Why can't they just let retailers order as many as they can, to let anybody who wants one, get one? Nope, they have to have it all themselves.

Jeez, imagine if you could get a new videogame for $60 from Target or Wal-Mart only for the first hour and then after that you had to order direct from Sony for $75 plus an inflated shipping cost.

I just can't understand anyone ordering from Sideshow at this point. What a greedy, abusive company.

Exactly. Great comparison example.

Back