Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an amazing 2 pack so I don't want to be negative but....
The diorama bases look like they could be really restrictive when posing. Going to have to look into custom bases I think.
i actually really love the bases but yes. It almost has to be a knee bent, kneeling on the rock pose. But man I really love the environment bases.

Mine is already ordered from Alter Ego. I was thinking of cancelling, but after the new episode I definitely want Tusken Boba.
Hopefully there won't be a long delay between Sideshow receiving the set and sending it to Alter Ego. I've got it pre-ordered through Marc, as well.

Mine is already ordered from Alter Ego. I was thinking of cancelling, but after the new episode I definitely want Tusken Boba
Nice! Yeah, remember some having doubts last week about their tusken and sarlaac Boba. After an nice episode + a great release by HT, some have yet again reevaluated their opinions.

Got the new Boba Fett figure the likeness to Temuera Morrison is amazing
6011A2CB-1712-458C-B46D-3E1DD201F18B.jpeg

Mine is on the way from HK, but I’m so hyped for this set that I’m actually considering ordering a second from Sideshow to display armored Fett with the TM portrait. I could pass along the extra Uncle Fettster body for someone who ordered the throne set to use with the portrait from that.

I think I'm leaning more towards this version than the throne version. If I decide I need a newer Fett. But, like others I hate those damn bases. Glad I picked up an extra parted out ESB Fett stand back when. I can stick the name plate on a multitude of parted out HT SW stands I seem to be compelled to buy all the time...

“We don’t know how long Luke trained on Dagobah.” Could easily be applied to Boba. We don’t see every day in Boba’s case because it’s fragmented memories relived while in Bacta tank.
Yes and no. I’ll grant you that technically all of his characterization from original canon - over 30 years worth - may be nullified by the “Disney is the new version of history” argument.

What we do know, however, Disney canonically, is that he was still a rotten dude. He was a quasi-amoral little kid and teen. We see him ruthlessly hunting our heroes from the Alliance (re: canon Marvel comics). He openly talks about straight murdering people in the now canon comics. He shoots first at anyone messing with him (Luke, takes aim at Chewie for a headshot), etc etc.

I’m not saying that I’m really all that upset (or frankly care) the direction Disney has taken him. But whether you want to go off of EU canon or Disney canon, the argument still holds that the characterization is a very hard right turn that some folks may be a little meh on. Yes, you can explain away anything one wants to using some version of human psychology that accounts for personality change, but it’s rare and frankly isn’t substantiated with any evidence from the universe and lord itself. The same was true for Luke. It’s a much harder and steeper hill to prove/legitimize the character paradigm shift than to just stop and acknowledge that someone’s artistic take was a little off on the whole.

Back