Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair I almost regret the 2 pack now, don’t need the headsculpt or Tusken Boba but I like the bases it comes with.
Really? Even from that Mando S2 Ep8 scene, I think it is so badass. I know a lot of ppl have a sour taste after Book of Boba, but don’t let that take away from the amazing character that is Boba Fett.

Really? Even from that Mando S2 Ep8 scene, I think it is so badass. I know a lot of ppl have a sour taste after Book of Boba, but don’t let that take away from the amazing character that is Boba Fett.
Trying not to and you’re right S2 E8 the Tragedy is really good. I’m sure once I have in hand I will love the set. It’s more regret based on space prioritization and budget (or attempts to limit lol).

Trying not to and you’re right S2 E8 the Tragedy is really good. I’m sure once I have in hand I will love the set. It’s more regret based on space prioritization and budget (or attempts to limit lol).
Oh you don’t even have it yet?!
I mean I think it is a win-win to have that Tusken Boba Fett…it is an amazing piece and the likeness is so good. Great figure. And if you don’t like it, wow will this fetch a good price. Especially before they release a single Tusken Book of Boba version (if they do).
But I think displaying the two figures together will really standout and again tells a tale about the amazing character that is pre-Book of Boba Boba Fett (haha joking I didn’t fully hate the show).

Here are a couple of shots of my Bobas. Bobii? Whatever.
516F5440-4C31-4DAF-BA82-B2CCE8EFF7BB.JPG
6E6D9621-5AC8-4212-83A3-50A91F08F245.JPG

Loving this set !! Sarlac Armour Fett looks so bad ass !!

Tip : when putting on the whistling birds I would definitely recommend dunking the attachment end in a glass of hot water for about a minute before attaching. SO much easier when softer. There is a real risk that you break off the little muzzles on the knee protector.

IMG_3738.JPG

I mostly cancelled mine out of prioritizing other figures more. Plus really I don’t have a need for the Tusken Boba even though I liked those scenes in The Book of Boba Fett (also didn’t hate the show like many). If anything I may just get the single release at some point and call it good. That or the repaint armor figure.

Did a slight mod to Tusken Fett by taking the armor plates off the backs of his gloves and replacing them with the wraps from the Tusken Raider hands painted black. The pose is inspired by the famous ANH Tusken publicity shot, but with the hands turned the opposite way to show off the wraps and look more natural. He's also on a Death Watch base with a regular crotch grabber post.

Tusken Boba Fett 01a.jpg
Tusken Boba Fett 01b.jpg
Tusken Boba Fett 02.jpg
Tusken Boba Fett 03.jpg

I wanted to make good use of all the fun fire gimmicks on this figure, as well as the ROTJ Fett Deluxe Sarlac base, by What-If re-imagining the return of Boba Fett, while still barrowing from Mando and Book.

The story here is Boba was not mugged by Jawas, but because his pack was broken, he could not jet back to Slave 1 at Jabba's Palace, and he nearly died of exposure, first to the Sarlac acid, and then to the twins suns over the Dune Sea. He was still found by Tuskens and taken captive, and he still earned their respect and had his armor returned to him. Later, having recovered his ship, and repaired his pack, he paid a visit to the Sarlac, which immediately came to life and tried to grab him. Jetting out of reach just in time, Fett targets the Sarlac's beak and launches his rocket.

Sarlac Boba Fett 01.jpg
Sarlac Boba Fett 02.jpg

Sarlac Boba Fett 03.jpg

Sarlac Boba Fett 04.jpg

Sarlac Boba Fett 05.jpg

I wanted to make good use of all the fun fire gimmicks on this figure, as well as the ROTJ Fett Deluxe Sarlac base, by What-If re-imagining the return of Boba Fett, while still barrowing from Mando and Book.

The story here is Boba was not mugged by Jawas, but because his pack was broken, he could not jet back to Slave 1 at Jabba's Palace, and he nearly died of exposure, first to the Sarlac acid, and then to the twins suns over the Dune Sea. He was still found by Tuskens and taken captive, and he still earned their respect and had his armor returned to him. Later, having recovered his ship, and repaired his pack, he paid a visit to the Sarlac, which immediately came to life and tried to grab him. Jetting out of reach just in time, Fett targets the Sarlac's beak and launches his rocket.

View attachment 571722View attachment 571723

View attachment 571724
View attachment 571725
View attachment 571726
This is awesome and a much better story than what we got in the actual show

....So, what I did was trotted right over to ebay and bought a HT Finn base, in order to steal the upright so that both of the stands that come with this set could have a regular base, Finn's base was cheap and would fill this need nicely.

Base got here today, and the upright slotted in perfectly, so both of my figures are displayed securely. I'm really pleased. I actually kind of hated to part out Finn's base, its nicer than I thought it would be but would Boba like to be displayed on a base showing the Jedi phoenix....? I'm guessing not, so he is staying on his own beautiful base. I will keep the base footplate though, as its nice - there is a clear lucite overlay on the phoenix symbol, and it does not have a metal nameplate. Therefore a discrete, neat piece of black electrical tape could blot out "Finn" nicely, and anyone else Jedi-themed could have this pretty base. [This pic is stolen right off of ebay and I regret nothing. Illustrative purposes only.]

I might even get another one of these, as you can get them for under $30 on the 'bay no questions asked. I will use a generic upright for people like DWM or Rex or someone like that - no offense meant, I love those guys - but this set is next-level and so it had to have The Exact Thing.

finn base.jpg

Did a slight mod to Tusken Fett by taking the armor plates off the backs of his gloves and replacing them with the wraps from the Tusken Raider hands painted black. The pose is inspired by the famous ANH Tusken publicity shot, but with the hands turned the opposite way to show off the wraps and look more natural. He's also on a Death Watch base with a regular crotch grabber post.

View attachment 571718View attachment 571719View attachment 571720View attachment 571721

View attachment 571722View attachment 571723

View attachment 571724
View attachment 571725
View attachment 571726

Hey man! Great mod, awesome pics! Great to see you in the forums again…. Been a while! Cheers!

Sometimes Toy Anxiety still parts them out so keep an eye out. I think they're about $10 there now. I bought a bunch a long time ago when they used to be a little less than that.

Will do! I had no idea this site existed. Cheap stands, woo!

I bought a sword off of there for DWM since ever since I saw him with one in that Jedha Patrol video, I have been dying to get mine one. Good times.

You don't find "he just crawled out" to be compelling?

Less compelling.

Thats one thing about the show that annoyed me: that the escape was covered in thirty seconds. They made it look easy.

They'd have done far better to have shown him having to blast his way out, and then have to dig his way out of the resulting landslide - which almost killed him, this would have been a great way for him to have lost his armor - but god forbid a billion+ company have to pay an author even one single quatloo for past work. SMDH

Back