1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Just binged the whole show yesterday, absolutely great, minus a couple parts (mainly the village episode). Interested in the figure but definitely won't get it if the Beskar armour isn't as shiny as it should be.

Just binged the whole show yesterday, absolutely great, minus a couple parts (mainly the village episode). Interested in the figure but definitely won't get it if the Beskar armour isn't as shiny as it should be.

Are you serious? You won?t get the Beskar version, even with the price drop? [emoji23]

My least favorite was the Tatooine episode. At least the village episode showed us how he crossed paths with Cara Dune, and how he could potentially have a chance at a happy ending (he can probably go back to that village to retire/disappear in the future if he wants to, after he accomplishes his Baby Yoda mission). The Tatooine episode didn?t really contribute much to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious? You won?t get the Beskar version, even with the price drop? [emoji23]

My least favorite was the Tatooine episode. At least the village episode showed us how he crossed paths with Cara Dune, and how he could potentially have a chance at a happy ending (he can probably go back to that village to retire/disappear in the future if he wants to, after he accomplishes his Baby Yoda mission). The Tatooine episode didn?t really contribute much to the story.

Haven't checked my PO - that 2$ would really help out with more wanted figs.:monkey3

Am hopeless about this show tho:lol. Prob my least favorite but for me there's the cool stuff like the first real interaction with Sandpeople on screen as a distinct culture, the intro of the Mechanic, pit droids, heads on pikes.:cool:

Wouldn't mind seeing Din D'jarin at all winding up, at the last, back in the village. It's a reasonable end for a warrior who keeps his promise, and it dovetails with some ancient myths like the Odyssey onward (where the warrior gets home and can finally rest)...also thought Julia Jones was excellent as Omera.

Anyway as a re-binge watcher, appreciate the quieter episodes re the details, and taking a break. It was a mistake for me to see #7 as had to spend time freaking out till #8.:panic::lol Warned my bro "don't do it".:lol

Shiny shiny Beskar - having IW Bucky with IMO an arm with the perfect sheen, and CW Bucky - not concerned at all about HT being able to do a great metallic - that lasts, too. Haven't had a single problem with any of the CW Bucky arms - no flaking, chipping, etc.

Haven't checked my PO - that 2$ would really help out with more wanted figs.:monkey3

Am hopeless about this show tho:lol. Prob my least favorite but for me there's the cool stuff like the first real interaction with Sandpeople on screen as a distinct culture, the intro of the Mechanic, pit droids, heads on pikes.:cool:

Wouldn't mind seeing Din D'jarin at all winding up, at the last, back in the village. It's a reasonable end for a warrior who keeps his promise, and it dovetails with some ancient myths like the Odyssey onward (where the warrior gets home and can finally rest)...also thought Julia Jones was excellent as Omera.

Anyway as a re-binge watcher, appreciate the quieter episodes re the details, and taking a break. It was a mistake for me to see #7 as had to spend time freaking out till #8.:panic::lol Warned my bro "don't do it".:lol

Shiny shiny Beskar - having IW Bucky with IMO an arm with the perfect sheen, and CW Bucky - not concerned at all about HT being able to do a great metallic - that lasts, too. Haven't had a single problem with any of the CW Bucky arms - no flaking, chipping, etc.

Not even my Enterbay BD T2 thin vinyl clothing has suffered any deterioration at all over all of these years how or why I have no clue. :yess:

Honestly I think because of these 2 reasons:

1. Zero handling
2. Climate controlled collection area

Not even my Enterbay BD T2 thin vinyl clothing has suffered any deterioration at all over all of these years how or why I have no clue. :yess:

Honestly I think because of these 2 reasons:

1. Zero handling
2. Climate controlled collection area

Yeah, collectors keeping their greasy hands off their figs is probably a big help:cool:. Tho I'd say I use moderate care - I work with my figs, but then they are put under glass for a while. So far so good with pleather costume figs like TWS Bucky, Ultron SW, Rescue Cap, etc.

Some of 'em are getting old enough, feel like I got my money's worth/enjoyment. I HOPE they last a good while. The best of them are little 1/6 works of art. That said, happy Din D'jarin has a lot of cloth/armor, not pleather. He's gonna be fun to work with.

Yeah, collectors keeping their greasy hands off their figs is probably a big help:cool:. Tho I'd say I use moderate care - I work with my figs, but then they are put under glass for a while. So far so good with pleather costume figs like TWS Bucky, Ultron SW, Rescue Cap, etc.

Some of 'em are getting old enough, feel like I got my money's worth/enjoyment. I HOPE they last a good while. The best of them are little 1/6 works of art. That said, happy Din D'jarin has a lot of cloth/armor, not pleather. He's gonna be fun to work with.

Fried chicken and posing do not go together lol

I really can't decide on this version vs the first/non- Beskar version. I like both, but really think I prefer the patchwork look of that early take. Hard to call.

I really can't decide on this version vs the first/non- Beskar version. I like both, but really think I prefer the patchwork look of that early take. Hard to call.

I think I'm just gonna get both, I might find a way to customise the original version to make him look all muddy like in EP2 when he fought the mudhorn. Either that or try repainting the armour to be redder like it appears on the screen.

While I have both on order, If you only want one, keep in mind when making your decision that there will probably be newer versions of him to come as well.

While I have both on order, If you only want one, keep in mind when making your decision that there will probably be newer versions of him to come as well.

Yeah I know lol. Part of me thinks the Beskar will stick around more, to some degree. The earlier armor got pretty jacked and sacked by the Mudhorn. For that reason I might go with the earlier one as future versions might be closer to the Beskar version. So I can get a future version that looks closer to that later on.

If they included The Child with v1, I might have gone with that. If I had room and money, I would have gone with both.

Yeah I know lol. Part of me thinks the Beskar will stick around more, to some degree. The earlier armor got pretty jacked and sacked by the Mudhorn. For that reason I might go with the earlier one as future versions might be closer to the Beskar version. So I can get a future version that looks closer to that later on.

That's some sound logic there.
I'm no stranger to having multiple figures of the same character, but if not for the deluxe with the child, I may not have wanted the 2nd version of Mando knowing his beskar armor isn't really complete yet. It's just my personal prediction, but I feel that he's also likely to change the color of the bottom layer of his outfit from brown to something else at some point. I guess for now it's a "wait and see" situation.

Not that it makes a difference to me, but down the line when we're multiple seasons deep into The Mandalorian and we already have several versions of Din, I feel the original "rough" version will be one of those release that was "slept on" for newer versions during the hype, and coveted by collectors much more in hindsight. But who know's these days. The hobby is fickle in strange ways sometimes. So many collectors claiming they "missed" releases the day after they finally sell out after being available for well over a year at times. :lol

Last edited:
Love the character. PO'd both. Really enjoy his first appearance in beaten up armor. Switch out their bases (Shiny Beskar version goes with stormtrooper heads, the child goes with original armor). Will be more incarnations. Will he get his beskar painted for season 2?

That's some sound logic there.
I'm no stranger to having multiple figures of the same character, but if not for the deluxe with the child, I may not have wanted the 2nd version of Mando knowing his beskar armor isn't really complete yet. It's just my personal prediction, but I feel that he's also likely to change the color of the bottom layer of his outfit from brown to something else at some point. I guess for now it's a "wait and see" situation.

Not that it makes a difference to me, but down the line when we're multiple seasons deep into The Mandalorian and we already have several versions of Din, I feel the original "rough" version will be one of those release that was "slept on" for newer versions during the hype, and coveted by collectors much more in hindsight. But who know's these days. The hobby is fickle in strange ways sometimes. So many collectors claiming they "missed" releases the day after they finally sell out after being available for well over a year at times. :lol

Can speak to that since I've gotten stung by waiting. But it is what it is. Sometimes it's money; like I really wanna PO Heavy Gunner but uneasy about stacking up too many POs. Other times didn't even give a *&^% at first; like right now wish I had Clone Wars Obi-Wan, but at the time didn't care. LOL CW Scarlet Witch thought I had all the time in the world; she sold out in U.S. and ended up paying premium retail at PopCultcha 'coz exchange rate changed.

LOL Mando is kind've a relief tho bein' a series for me where I won't go wrong, any fig I buy. Din D'jarin's gonna be my new Cap with multiple versions. But agree we'll see other armor versions. HT in theory could already put out a scorched Beskar version. Doubt the shiny shiny Beskar will be on display through whole show; if u are on the run it's too distinctive. Or maybe he'll get in a battle and it'll have to be re-forged etc.

Will he get his beskar painted for season 2?

Could see that. The Beskar is already sooty. Or maybe Din will run into some more of his old pals or even Boba who get on him about the "pretty armor".:lol
Or he runs into Bo-katan and the armor ends up getting painted with something something Mandalore.

Can't relate. I don't want him ending up in the backwater of nowheresville with this nowhere chick.

I want him ending up on Mandalore, wearing the Mand'alor skull-headdress and hey... actually reigning as Mand'alor. While owning the Darksaber, natch because that's what the ruler of Mandalore does. And with his rightful mate, maybe Cara but if not her, some badass warrior not unlike Valeria from the original Conan movie. Not Nowheresville Chick.

That is the Way, ner vod.

Can't relate. I don't want him ending up in the backwater of nowheresville with this nowhere chick.

I want him ending up on Mandalore, wearing the Mand'alor skull-headdress and hey... actually reigning as Mand'alor. While owning the Darksaber, natch because that's what the ruler of Mandalore does. And with his rightful mate, maybe Cara but if not her, some badass warrior not unlike Valeria from the original Conan movie. Not Noweheresville Chick.

That is the Way, ner vod.

*Grins*. Thought that's another Way , but, apparently there's also more-or-less Mandalorian royalty in the mix Season 2. Probably really *&^%-off royalty, since an important symbol seems to be in the wrong hands at the moment.

So I'm gonna stick with Mando bein' able to retire and sit around drinking spotchka:cool:. And, as the sun sets, glittering off the battered helmet by his side, off in the distant sky there's a barely visible shadow of a Star Destroyer, that's there and gone *with ominous music*. Just enough to let the audience know the war isn't over. (Not that I don't have issues with the ST and the First Order popping up so fast after the events of the Rebellion:google, but the ST is there and all that).

It's not that I don't think Mandalore will get restored; just don't think Din D'jarin would really wanna end up as a ruler. He strikes me as more of an "everyman" kinda character who'll ride off into the sunset when the job is done.

OF COURSE he doesn't wanna rule! No really, truly good ruler EVER wants to rule.

Its like when you're at work and you have to step up to the next level that you'd really rather avoid, but if you don't That Dumbass Over There is gonna be your boss and they don't know ANYTHING. You have to save yourself, save everyone from stupidity so guess who the new member of management is.

People who WANT to be your boss suck. They do! You know they do!! :)

Back