1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely hope HT puts a Cara Dune figure up for preorder soon since they have officially announced that SDCC 2020 has been cancelled :pray:

Well, soon re the upcoming SW celebration day May 4 would be a good time. The Mando special has 8 segments - time to milk the hype!:cool:

Yeah I'd like to echo similar sentiments about price... Don't get me wrong this looks like a killer bundle with alot of cool accessories, but it's still alot man. Especially when you consider most of us are gonna want at least a *few* more figures haha Logistically my only worry is about the beskar armor looking right. Not too shiny but not entirely matte either. Prototype's lookin good though!

*Shrug* Figure if folks can afford at all, they are like me, targeting must-haves. Or waiting to PO. Probably why SSC has been so generous with coupons lately - course nothing for Mandalorian figs. LOL there are few things I might bite on IF the coupons were more than covering shipping, if that.

Sorry, folks -- new here.

I desperately wanted to preorder this set, but BBTS sold out before I could get one. I haven't done much 1/6th-scale collecting, so I don't know the best places to order. Is there a recommended site in the US that a) still has it available, and b) has a decent balance of price and reliability? I'd just go with Sideshow directly, but the tax and likely shipping cost are a bit painful after missing out at BBTS.

Many thanks!

I desperately wanted to preorder this set, but BBTS sold out before I could get one. I haven't done much 1/6th-scale collecting, so I don't know the best places to order. Is there a recommended site in the US that a) still has it available, and b) has a decent balance of price and reliability? I'd just go with Sideshow directly, but the tax and likely shipping cost are a bit painful after missing out at BBTS.

Many thanks!

You got to think of it like this: SSC is more expensive, but NOT more expensive than this set is gonna be on the secondary market. People will be asking the sun, moon and stars for it secondary.

Think this might end up selling out at SSC too; its hard to know what to do sometimes but this figure seems to be in high demand.

Sorry, folks -- new here

Many thanks!

Agree with Ramatuelle's post - pre Covid I'd also add Timewalker Toys (https://www.timewalkertoys.com/) -but I think even if it costs a bit more, the "reliability" is worth paying attention to.

There are many good sellers even on the 'bay, but if you haven't collected a lot even if you pay a bit more, with SSC you have some piece of mind. Tracking, returns, and you do get points which are useful for future purchases. Maybe even decent coupons. Anything over 200$ has to be signed for unless you make different arrangements, so there's some protection from porch pirates.

I like BBTS and order from them, but I like SSC too. Also, if u like the figure, when you open the box u won't be thinking about the extra 30$ you paid. Once it's sold out and re-sale prices bloat up you'll be happy you have yours.

Timewalker is still shipping out product, so if you don’t want to use Sideshow, use them. (It’s on Waitlist at Timewalker, though).

My only fear is the longevity of some of these small shops. I PO'd with Alter Ego, but most of these places don't have reliable cash flow right now. The good thing is that they have online sales still.

Many thanks!

BBTS only allows a certain about of pre-orders before changing it to sold out. Once this is released they will have it again for sale.

Thanks very much, everybody! I'd prefer to wait for BBTS to take orders again once it's in-stock, but twitchiness about potentially missing it there again and then having it be sold out everywhere might lead me to just preorder from Sideshow despite the higher cost. I really appreciate the advice and info.

Thanks very much, everybody! I'd prefer to wait for BBTS to take orders again once it's in-stock, but twitchiness about potentially missing it there again and then having it be sold out everywhere might lead me to just preorder from Sideshow despite the higher cost. I really appreciate the advice and info.

If it helps, SSC's preorder program is pretty good IMO, helps take the sting out. It doesn't actually change the cost, but if you buy yourself an SSC gift card, use it to buy a fig with a PO program, it lowers the monthly payments. It's like buying yourself your own coupon.:cool:

Also SSC will let you skip one PO payment. Plus you can just pay off the whole thing if you want if the fig comes in and starts shipping.

Not to say I don't appreciate BBTS (who double boxes and has lower shipping), or Alter Ego, Timewalker, or even the better 'bay sellers (have had some outstanding customer service on the 'bay). BBTS has come through with stuff long sold out at Sideshow, too, as well as the occasional decent sale.

The armor looked better in the show, I don't know it looks "off". Maybe it's not shiny enough or the proportions are off.

Because it's plastic.

:lol

Anyway not worried; based on IW and CW Bucky arm, and accessories; IW Bucky arm especially good IMO with right amount of gloss. HT seems to be nailing metallics.

Just as long as the one thigh plate isn't too small. :horror

:lol

Anyway not worried; based on IW and CW Bucky arm, and accessories; IW Bucky arm especially good IMO with right amount of gloss. HT seems to be nailing metallics.

Just as long as the one thigh plate isn't too small. :horror

Hot Toys paint is superior to pretty much every toy and statue maker on planet Earth. From realistic looking head sculpts to metallic paint their consistent paint apps are fantastic. They have had a few let downs but 95% of the time I can't find fault.

Hot Toys paint is superior to pretty much every toy and statue maker on planet Earth. From realistic looking head sculpts to metallic paint their consistent paint apps are fantastic. They have had a few let downs but 95% of the time I can't find fault.

Yeah, some of the shading I've seen - like with CW Wanda or BW - and the eye work - hard to believe it's production. No doubt a skilled customizer could improve, but IMO impressive. Now they need to nail Moff, Cara, and Pedro Pascal at some point.

Hopefully for Cara sooner than later.:pray:

Here's another newbie question: is there any reason to wait until 5/4 to order from Sideshow? I realize they're not going to discount the preorder price, but I don't know if there's any likelihood of other incentives that would make me kick myself for pulling the trigger on it a few days before.

Here's another newbie question: is there any reason to wait until 5/4 to order from Sideshow? I realize they're not going to discount the preorder price, but I don't know if there's any likelihood of other incentives that would make me kick myself for pulling the trigger on it a few days before.

No. They don’t offer any specials on new items just before release. And with as popular as this is going to be, it won’t have a chance to go on sale at Sideshow before it just sells out.

No. They don?t offer any specials on new items just before release. And with as popular as this is going to be, it won?t have a chance to go on sale at Sideshow before it just sells out.

Agree with this just based on the kind of Sideshow coupons I got over the last few weeks - not one of 'em would count to anything Mandalorian:crying. Maybe in time the "standard" version might have a coupon; but the coupons for me just cover shipping pretty much, most of the time.

Hate paying more than needed but like, waited too long on CW Wanda, managed to get her from Popcultcha. But exchange rates had shifted and ended up paying retail more than from Sideshow (tho got some good sales from Popcultcha so evened out).

Srsly tho if u really, really want a fig, I'd just pay from your store of choice.

Back