1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Disney + was free for the first year for me, but they definitely saw me coming.

I paid for a year when it came online; mainly to check out and am into the MCU series. 3 minutes in and addicted to Mandalorian. I figure by Episode 2 and the Baby Yoda explosion the Disney bean counters were already discussing how much they could up the price for the next year.

And I'll pay it too:monkey2. Even if every other week had to battle the buggy app (tho hopefully the last upgrade solved some issues).

Meanwhile along with Mando found myself enjoying the *&^% out of Clone Wars and Rebels; can't figure out why Disney doesn't just grab some of those and re-tool/update for an Obiwan series.

I jumped on from the start. Did the buy two years and get one year free and it works out to $4 a month. I spend more than that on coffee in a day. I know there was a bunch of old stuff i wanted to watch and i was looking forward to the new Marvel and Star Wars shows.

Btw, is it just me or is the figure?s left thigh armor smaller than the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, is it just me or is the figure?s left thigh armor smaller than the show?

Think everyone agrees it's a bit too small; hopefully HT will correct this.:pfft:

Tho not a deal breaker for me. Dunno - maybe it's one of those proportion scale things. Like if u scale something with a computer, say, from full human size to 1/6, it's mathematically correct, but at a smaller scale visually looks off.

That thought comes from messing around with graphics programs. In theory u can shrink something proportionally but at a smaller size sometimes the effect is off. Or, maybe HT just *&^% up like with Cap's shield.:monkey1:pfft:

Think everyone agrees it's a bit too small; hopefully HT will correct this.:pfft:

Tho not a deal breaker for me. Dunno - maybe it's one of those proportion scale things. Like if u scale something with a computer, say, from full human size to 1/6, it's mathematically correct, but at a smaller scale visually looks off.

That thought comes from messing around with graphics programs. In theory u can shrink something proportionally but at a smaller size sometimes the effect is off. Or, maybe HT just *&^% up like with Cap's shield.:monkey1:pfft:

Ahh I see. Havent had a chance to browse all the replies so far. But I?m also thinking its because of the baggier pants. His clothes fit differently on the show, and if they did that, his movement would be very restricted.

Ahh I see. Havent had a chance to browse all the replies so far. But I?m also thinking its because of the baggier pants. His clothes fit differently on the show, and if they did that, his movement would be very restricted.

Good point. Personally I don't mind a looser fit at 1/6 scale - some tradeoffs hafta be made. For me Mando needs to be able to be action-posed with weapons for sure.

This figure will be a super fun one...there is so many options to pose. I like doing something unique with him since I have 4 other Mandolorian armoured figures in sixth scale, one in 1/4 scale. So probably will use both the flamethrower and rocket firing gauntlets as well as the jet pack firing. Try to put his big rifle behind him.

I paid for a year when it came online; mainly to check out and am into the MCU series. 3 minutes in and addicted to Mandalorian. I figure by Episode 2 and the Baby Yoda explosion the Disney bean counters were already discussing how much they could up the price for the next year.

And I'll pay it too

Here is what I think will happen: all those people b**ching over $7 a MONTH, who cancelled the instant the series was over this winter [teeheehee! we soooo sneaky!! was all I heard on FB] are gonna regret it in the end. People who stay subbed will keep paying $7/month. People who quit and then re-sub this fall.... they're gonna be paying $14.99/month or god forbid, $24.99/month. The Mouse ain't stupid.

I waste more than $7, every day. We all do, or most of us do. This is the only subscription I have, and I'm keeping it. I would use it a lot more than I do, but my husband complains. [I think he's jealous that I have interests and he doesn't.] He talked so much while I was watching "Solo" that I will have to watch it again while he's out of the house. THis isn't a current Disney offering, but just saying. That and I had to explain every. Last. Thing. we saw and it was exhausting. Then at the end, Maul shows up unexpectedly and I'm on the couch fangirling and he's like "who is that....?!" OMG LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS

/end threadjack :)

Honestly I had NO intention of getting D+. I dislike Disney's ownership of Marvel and Star Wars and other reasons. But they had that deal for like $145-50 for 3 years. Just couldn't pass it up for about $4 a month especially locked in for 3 years like that. I'm glad I have nephews too and others that I can share the sub with so I feel like it's getting used.

But anyway, I can't not say how much I like having all the Star Wars movies and shows and Marvel stuff at my fingertips. I own it all on blu-ray, but it's so damn easy to just click the remote, I'm a lazy bastard.

I would use it a lot more than I do, but my husband complains. [I think he's jealous that I have interests and he doesn't.] He talked so much while I was watching "Solo" that I will have to watch it again while he's out of the house. THis isn't a current Disney offering, but just saying. That and I had to explain every. Last. Thing. we saw and it was exhausting. Then at the end, Maul shows up unexpectedly and I'm on the couch fangirling and he's like "who is that....?!" OMG LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS

/end threadjack :)

OMG that sounds like a role reversal to he max !!!

Finally placed my PO with popcultcha before their early bird discount expires and used some pennies. While expensive, it was still cheaper than DX Deluxe Maul and this feels like a better deal (2x baby Yoda plus crib beats the speeder bike). But at this price my collecting days are numbered.

Finally placed my PO with popcultcha before their early bird discount expires and used some pennies. While expensive, it was still cheaper than DX Deluxe Maul and this feels like a better deal (2x baby Yoda plus crib beats the speeder bike). But at this price my collecting days are numbered.

I think most collectors are in the same boat. It?s just getting a little out of our comfort zone. It?s absolutely insane. Which is why I?m now opting for Threezero and Asmus and whatever other KOs out there. At the price point HT is selling these, the quality is just so bad for me. The likeness, the proportions, the materials, and the articulation just no longer justify these figures.

I did the same momaw. Got over a year to keep putting money away each week so that helps not think about the final total. Also used it as a catalyst to sell and cancel my pre orders in all other scales of figures from here on out.

A focused handful of 6th scale figures makes for a far pleasing collection then a larger bunch of smaller scales. To me anyway at this stage!

I did the same momaw. Got over a year to keep putting money away each week so that helps not think about the final total. Also used it as a catalyst to sell and cancel my pre orders in all other scales of figures from here on out.

A focused handful of 6th scale figures makes for a far pleasing collection then a larger bunch of smaller scales. To me anyway at this stage!

Yes totally agree. In my opinion a focused clean collection displayed with style looks way better than a cluttered "toy collection".

But of course, as they say, "beauty is always in the eye of the beholder".

I think most collectors are in the same boat. It?s just getting a little out of our comfort zone. It?s absolutely insane. Which is why I?m now opting for Threezero and Asmus and whatever other KOs out there. At the price point HT is selling these, the quality is just so bad for me. The likeness, the proportions, the materials, and the articulation just no longer justify these figures.

Yeah, must be 4 years? when I started with HT - MCU figs mostly. Drifted into experimenting with 'bashes so I'd try a cheap body or wrestle with oversize heads with an off skin tone (rapidly realizing a good kitbash can cost as much or more than an original HT...:slap)

Was always happy with the heft of a genuine HT, tho there was stuff like the CW Bucky whose lower leg would slip off:cool:; and the old TWS Steve Rogers where u could see the plastic was getting aged or brittle.

(ASMUS IMO is killin' it at their price point, and have a couple of very nice 3rd party figs. Haven't gotten a Phicen yet.)

Overall I'll always go for an HT if possible; they do stuff that's insanely good like my DS#1, IW Bucky, CW Natasha - I think my TFA Rey is beautiful and she was loaded with accessories. Although some of the other companies are doing interesting stuff.

So I feel pretty good about this release:love; looks like one of those releases where HT is putting their back into it. That said, there's stuff just a few years ago I would've just PO'd but now I back off and think about it, sometimes months. Like folks have said, some of that is figure overload/space/box storage; and some of it is these prices. Just feel uneasy now spending a lot on what for me would be a background character like the Death Trooper. I'd love to have a couple of those. But that same money could be put to the expected Cara, a character for me that's a lot more important. So for me, no Death Troopers $$$$. :monkey2

Cara Dune would be so good. Hopefully she doesnt come with rubber arms.

Cara Dune would be so good. Hopefully she doesnt come with rubber arms.

*So far* the rubbery torsos of SW and BW seem to be holding up, along with Roadworn Thor arms. Have mixed feelings about a rubber-armed Cara - she's got more muscle but seen the split rubber arm pics/vids.:horror

She's got visible elbows, so they probably would, but they would really have to develop a new arm mold. Can't give her thin arms but can't give her Thor arms either.

Yeah I'd like to echo similar sentiments about price... Don't get me wrong this looks like a killer bundle with alot of cool accessories, but it's still alot man. Especially when you consider most of us are gonna want at least a *few* more figures haha Logistically my only worry is about the beskar armor looking right. Not too shiny but not entirely matte either. Prototype's lookin good though!

Back