1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECULATION: The Mandalorian: Din Djarin- BESKAR armor - DELUXE VERSION

They've made Captain Phasma so I don't see why Beskar Mando would be that much different. They probably think Beskar Mando will cannibalize the sales of the regular Mando.

At least with Mando the chroming is on panels rather than the entire figure. There's enough good quality chrome paints and enamels such as Alclad that they really could make it work without going to die cast. Besides... They'll wait on the die cast version after we all have the v1 Beskar and the Chapter 1 version.

I was originally thinking a deluxe might have the child but after the Leia and Wicket release being a double pack rather than a deluxe I can see them doing the child in the hover pram as a full figure release. I was thinking the deluxe might be without the jetpack and a couple of other things but for a season two figure they'd have to include it in the regular.

I've got Captain Phasma and I think the chrome on that figure looks fine. I don't think HT will have issue with the Beskar look. They're waiting to unveil it and the Child 1/6 together. Maybe we'll get a Endor Leia/Wicket type of option where you can buy them separately or at a slight discount for the bundle...

I've got Captain Phasma and I think the chrome on that figure looks fine. I don't think HT will have issue with the Beskar look. They're waiting to unveil it and the Child 1/6 together. Maybe we'll get a Endor Leia/Wicket type of option where you can buy them separately or at a slight discount for the bundle...

And the last 2 Winter Soldiers. Think HT has metallic shine/chrome down, if they want. IMO the shade/gloss used for the last Bucky arm would be perfect if the color was lighter e.g. not TOO shiny. Plus I've got no flaking or issues.

And the last 2 Winter Soldiers. Think HT has metallic shine/chrome down, if they want. IMO the shade/gloss used for the last Bucky arm would be perfect if the color was lighter e.g. not TOO shiny. Plus I've got no flaking or issues.

Great point on the Winter Soldier. I only have the Infinity War one but you're definitely right on the gloss level of that being better for Beskar than my earlier Phasma reference.

Great point on the Winter Soldier. I only have the Infinity War one but you're definitely right on the gloss level of that being better for Beskar than my earlier Phasma reference.

LOL u should see the AC Play civvie Bucky. Granted there's the jacket covering the arm, but the shine is blinding. It's a less expensive fig so - well, OK. Am pretty impressed with the IW Bucky paint - it has a depth to it - looks expensive.

Beskar Mando deserves the best, of course. Needs to LOOK rich.

Edit:
empire-april-2020-cover-poly_opt.jpg

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-s-the-mandalorian-covers-revealed/

Personally I think Beskar Mando is in the same development hell as C3PO. They can't figure out how to mass produce the shiny metal finish at a materials and price point they are happy with. SS had the same issue with C3PO so they finally gave up and went a simpler route so he is more a matt finish. At least with 3PO HT has the option if they decide to go full diecast like Tamashi did (i'm guessing they don't want to do that) but with Mando, the diecast would be attached to fabric so would end up sagging badly over time.

There's no way the beskar will be diecast. That'd be a waste of money on all sides.

*looks innocent* Do you want the Mythosaur pendant? One cast from the original prop...? Why wait on HT? You can have that right now:

https://mostlyfantasy.com/store/

Scroll on down. I own one of these and its gorgeous. Get one now before he raises the price again.

Just got mine which I ordered from your link/post. Will look great when the 1:1 Child arrives. High quality craftsmanship.
Thanks.

I wonder if this is being held back a while so people who pre-ordered the first version are less likely to cancel.

The V2 Mando will probably take away sales from the first release but I?m curious if the inclusion of the Child will more than make up for those potentially lost sales. The Child has been Funko?s highest sold character ever, and other companies? products are sold out. Perhaps HT can make up those lost sales of V1 with the Child and hopefully they decide to do it sooner rather than later.

For sure there was some embargo of some sort.

Companies had no clue that "The Child" was in it. Favreau specifically asked Disney if they could hide him from licensees to keep it a surprise in the show. This is why we're just now getting product that doesn't look like it was made on Zazzle.

They've made Captain Phasma so I don't see why Beskar Mando would be that much different. They probably think Beskar Mando will cannibalize the sales of the regular Mando.

I wonder if this is being held back a while so people who pre-ordered the first version are less likely to cancel.

I doubt they're that worried. Most people will grab both and some are waiting specifically for v2. We haven't even seen Hasbro offer up a Beskar version yet, I have a feeling it's more along the line with "The Child" where companies didn't know it'd switch so fast.

I don’t know. The more I think about it I’d be tempted to cancel my regular version and just get the Beskar version instead. Seeing as he only wore the regular version for a short time.

I guess I am in the minority here because I think the non Beskar armor has more of the old school "dirty Star Wars" look to it and although I like the Beskar armor ( I would have to have that version too btw...lol) , to me, it has kind of a Jango vibe about it.....

I guess I am in the minority here because I think the non Beskar armor has more of the old school "dirty Star Wars" look to it and although I like the Beskar armor ( I would have to have that version too btw...lol) , to me, it has kind of a Jango vibe about it.....

Yeah, that's an attraction for me too - like I was even looking at the Mythos Boba just 'coz of the desert cloak look. Like the almost cobbled together armor and beat up effect. IMO really informs about this character at the start, too - just a hard workin' guy minding his own business who's gonna get thrown into larger events.

No way I'd give up the shelf contrast between v1 to, I suspect (maybe) to Beskar to some amazing end battle armor + Darksaber. ALTHOUGH, if I were spinning an original story, I could see some happy ending where Mando wins, but walks off into the sunset vs. ending up as leader of all Mandalore or something.

ANYWAY. Don't know if I can swing it but wouldn't mind doubling up this guy, even. But yah gotta choose $$$$$:monkey2 e.g. I need IG-11 more.

"My armor has lost its integrity - I may need to begin again"
(Armorer seeing the mess) "Indeed"

LOL I need her too, the Armorer is epic.)

I probably would like the first armor better but it just wasn't in the show enough. Like if ended the season getting the Beskar armor it'd be different. That coupled with the fact that the regular one doesn't have The Child just means it's not for me.

I like the look of the original armor, but it’s more the lack of screen time. Just not sure it warrants me buying two figures.

I probably would like the first armor better but it just wasn't in the show enough. Like if ended the season getting the Beskar armor it'd be different. That coupled with the fact that the regular one doesn't have The Child just means it's not for me.

Well, they didn't know....

Now I'll be shelling out $$$$ for the dx Baby pack WITH the floating cradle, switchout head, and special hand with *the flick*

JOKE, BTW....HT has been ominously silent, and the Empire Mando cover was a reminder to me that yes, there ARE people in the world who haven't had access to the show yet. Maybe 4 or so:monkey3. E.g. HT will want to capitalize on the international Disney+ releases.

Well, they didn't know....

Now I'll be shelling out $$$$ for the dx Baby pack WITH the floating cradle, switchout head, and special hand with *the flick*

JOKE, BTW....HT has been ominously silent, and the Empire Mando cover was a reminder to me that yes, there ARE people in the world who haven't had access to the show yet. Maybe 4 or so:monkey3. E.g. HT will want to capitalize on the international Disney+ releases.

Whether or not they knew it'd be a fantastic hit, doesn't mean they didn't know it'd be an accessory people want. Honestly I'm int he eh camp when it comes to The Child. I literally can't believe reading some people who want to buy ever lifesize incarnation and whatever HT will produce. I'll buy one nice one if it looks good enough, but I truly am not in love with him as is. I tend to hate "cute" things which The Child certainly falls in to.

Whether or not they knew it'd be a fantastic hit, doesn't mean they didn't know it'd be an accessory people want. Honestly I'm int he eh camp when it comes to The Child. I literally can't believe reading some people who want to buy ever lifesize incarnation and whatever HT will produce. I'll buy one nice one if it looks good enough, but I truly am not in love with him as is. I tend to hate "cute" things which The Child certainly falls in to.

No Ewoks for you!!! Serously, I feel the same. Not so much into cutesy stuff. I?d rather have a life-size Cara Dune. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Ewoks for you!!! Serously, I feel the same. Not so much into cutesy stuff. I?d rather have a life-size Cara Dune. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman is a GAWDESS:love. But I'll settle for HT protos of Cara, Beskar Mando, the Kuill/Blurg pack, and the Baby + switchouts + flame diorama stand. Feel comfortable spending that much, 'coz none of them will be in hand until 2025.:monkey3

Look at the wait for Gamora. In the meantime I have Hasbro's Cara to cheer me up, which has a pretty remarkable sculpt at that size. U can't always say the same for HT.:devil

Honestly expected this to be announced sooner after it was teased. Think they're going to just wait until V1 is released? :p

Back