1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I meant the Tank Commander from RO. That one I paid Sideshow for last Monday and it's still preparing to ship. I'm good with just one of those.

I ordered two of the green Transport Troopers. I might be doing what you are suggesting but I really need a Burr sculpt. It's still a crime that it didn't come as a two pack with the sculpts included. Watch HT do just that a month after the barebones trooper ships.
Oh heck, I'm referring to the Transport Troopers. I'm still boycotting Rogue One figures because they never made Baze :)

If true, Hot Toys definitely held onto their local stock for a few weeks. Sideshow allotment gotta have shipped by air rather than sea.
No chance it went by air… with Chinese New Year and space tight on ships combined with high cost all this stuff is going to be delayed because of supply chain… I’d love for someone to put me in touch with Sideshow to understand how they are managing this ( I work for the largest container carrier in the world)

It is also odd since Sideshow loves to show off the unbox videos before customers get their products to go get those youtube views before everyone else.
I don’t think they’re doing it for the YouTube views. Most plausible explanation of why they started doing day-one unboxing videos is because the guy who’s most famous for doing them always directs his viewers to purchase their own at his favorite unofficial distributor.

So I called Sideshow about this earlier and got some interesting answers about this.

They charged for Ahsoka because they got notification that the ship the Ahsoka (and other Hot Toys figures) were on reached port and is docking. They started charging to expedite the shipping as soon as she's in the warehouse. I asked if charging before Hot Toys putting the final product photos up would be normal in the future and they said the dual release is at the request of Hot Toys and they think Hot Toys wants to do dual releases like this on figures that are delayed moving forward but we'll see.

Just passing along what I was told.

So I called Sideshow about this earlier and got some interesting answers about this.

They charged for Ahsoka because they got notification that the ship the Ahsoka (and other Hot Toys figures) were on reached port and is docking. They started charging to expedite the shipping as soon as she's in the warehouse. I asked if charging before Hot Toys putting the final product photos up would be normal in the future and they said the dual release is at the request of Hot Toys and they think Hot Toys wants to do dual releases like this on figures that are delayed moving forward but we'll see.

Interesting, thanks for the update.

HT tends to upload around midnight eastern, hopefully we get some pics / confirmation tonight or over the next few days.

HT tends to upload around midnight eastern, hopefully we get some pics / confirmation tonight or over the next few days.
Honestly I thought the most interesting part was the claim that Hot Toys requested the dual release because the figure is late, which actually chalks up for the Loki figure too. Not sure I would have believed that otherwise.

That all depends on how long it takes to unload the cargo, and then get the cargo trucked to their warehouse. It could easily be another week before that happens.

That all depends on how long it takes to unload the cargo, and then get the cargo trucked to their warehouse. It could easily be another week before that happens.
That was the other thing they said to me, that usually product gets to them quickly once it docks but right now things are weird with the price of gas and it depends on how many trucks are available to deliver to them, so it could be longer than just a few days.

Called them like 5 hours ago now so forgot to mention that.

Thank you for the update. I think that is really smart move on Hot Toys and Sideshow. Since so many of us have been invested in these products. Being delayed for so long. That way USA isn't forced to buy from oversea sellers at a higher price to get early.

Yep. They have been saying the same thing since the last week of February. Both she and Boba are stuck at the dock and haven't been unloaded from the ship. In other words, they are waiting for them to be delivered to the warehouse.

Ahsoka is listed in the Just Arrived section on SS
Where is that section on the SS website? Never mind found it . Of course the Boba Two pack isn't on there.

Never mind mind it is there . Thanks

Last edited:
Back