1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy w how this came out. Mrcventures said in his review (best so far) there are a few diecast parts. Has not been confirmed however.

Looks stellar to me - was hoping for something as good as Ultron Mark 1 (tho the complexity of that one I think is unbeatable).

Impressive paint and articulation. Watched one vid where the guy is complaining about potential delicacy/breakage.

Well, yeah. From Bucky's weapons to IM and WM, to some of my ASMUS stuff - a lot of my figs have potential breakage. Even that pin holding the rifle strap on Mando.
*Shrug*. I play with my figs, sure, but I don't mess with them constantly.:frank

Been contemplating getting the scout trooper and speeder bike set...

Display options are insane.

Been contemplating getting the scout trooper and speeder bike set...

Display options are insane.

Feel like I've been paying on that PO forever, and that's not a complaint. Without the long PO period (original order last April) never
could have swung this. Plus the RPs I threw in.

A lot for me, but d@mmit no only will the set work with IG, scouts/speeders featured in that Season 2 Navarro episode. Plus the exclusive laughing Child head, 'coz HT is evil.:devil

Why does it have a small tail??

Yeah I never noticed that in any of the pictures. Thats definitely gonna break off, its right where you place your hand to pick him up :slap I guess the designers didn't consider this character being an action figure and how inconvenient it would be.

Feel like I've been paying on that PO forever, and that's not a complaint. Without the long PO period (original order last April) never
could have swung this. Plus the RPs I threw in.

A lot for me, but d@mmit no only will the set work with IG, scouts/speeders featured in that Season 2 Navarro episode. Plus the exclusive laughing Child head, 'coz HT is evil.:devil

Indeed. I have some ideas for the smiling kid. And it would include ig11 as both he and mando had the kid in the satchel. But ig rode with him on the speeder. That satchel is integral.

Yeah I'm wondering now how he's going to fit in my vittsjo, since I like using bases for all my figures and it would just look odd not having him on one. I didn't have any problem with IG-88, but looks like IG-11 is about half an inch taller than that.

Think I might have to keep him in one of those "one foot on the base" action poses to make it work. Or find a much shorter base, since those sand ones tend to be extra thick.

I imagine it's no taller than K-2SO, I was able to use one of those old SS sand bases that came with the Tusken Raider and Sandtrooper figures. Tight fit in the detolf but it worked.

Sand base with human footprints is really a flagship of Hot Toys laziness and "not giving a damn".

I wanted to wait and see in hand reviews before deciding on IG, probably not going to get this one.

Think I'll just stick with sideshows 1.0 version. That base is hilarious. They may as well have given him a swooshing lightsaber effect with a human light up arm.

Thigh pieces are DIECAST metal according to justin in his review.

Sideshow made an ESB IG-88. Very similar in design.

What Strikes me about this figure is its one off incredible design re poseability. You can do just about anything, truly remarkable.

Lower leg pieces ALSO Diecast metal! Many of us were guessing/hoping they'd do this as done w K2SO.

Here's a comparison Justin posted btw.

FB_IMG_1614099089520.jpg

Damn, I knew they were a bit different , but not that much in the torso and hip position.

That's good, maybe I won't sell him down the line now.

It can be my own Star Wars Terminator line.

I've been looking forward to this one since Season 1! I think it is lame that they put a human footprint base with him--but it is definitely not a deal breaker--I got plenty of bases that he could use. The figure treatment itself looks incredible. I bet HT shorts him due to lack of demand and then he becomes ultra rare like Shoretrooper or Death Trooper V1!

Back