1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics from FB. I'll be curious to hear what this figure is like in hand, and if it feels any more solid and high-quality than the very light and plasticky Sideshow IG-88.

Their Terminator Genisys endoskeleton was light as a feather. Hopefully this is more like K2

Video says IG-11 has die cast so it seems like it won't be too light. Sounds like the top is plastic.

Of course right after I ordered from another retailer SS sent me a $25 coupon, not really sure what to use it on.

Video says IG-11 has die cast so it seems like it won't be too light. Sounds like the top is plastic.

Of course right after I ordered from another retailer SS sent me a $25 coupon, not really sure what to use it on.

Yeah they had to do something in die cast to keep the centre of gravity down. Just like K2SO. Maybe not as much here, but some things.

Articulation looks amazing, and joints all look nice and tight.

Wow the figure looks cool as hell in that review. Love the heavy weathering everywhere, as well as the blinking light effect on the self-destruct.

I'm suddenly a lot more excited for this.

Great looking figure.

Surprised how different almost every sculpt aspect is compared to IG-88. Definitely not a lot of molding that could be re-used for a HT IG-88.

Great looking figure.

Surprised how different almost every sculpt aspect is compared to IG-88. Definitely not a lot of molding that could be re-used for a HT IG-88.

They now at least have a starting point in terms of the joints working, knowing how to assemble, produce the intricacies involved in the body, knowing how to price it if IG-11 turned out to be more expensive to produce.

Is anything the same? Head? I'll defer to your eye on that.

Yeah they had to do something in die cast to keep the centre of gravity down. Just like K2SO. Maybe not as much here, but some things.

Articulation looks amazing, and joints all look nice and tight.

I watched another video earlier and the person indicated there was no die cast.

Pretty sure it was somewhere in this video, though I could be wrong:

https://youtu.be/LQiBkJkj48c?t=731

They now at least have a starting point in terms of the joints working, knowing how to assemble, produce the intricacies involved in the body, knowing how to price it if IG-11 turned out to be more expensive to produce.

Is anything the same? Head? I'll defer to your eye on that.

The general shapes throughout are similar but actual sculpted parts are pretty much all different to IG-88 (in some cases slightly, in most cases noticeably different.) The top half of the head is probably the most similar but even that has some minor differences.

I just happen to be rebuilding my Sideshow fig, so I'm a bit of a IG-88 expert currently.:dunno:lol

Here is the video segment where it was mentioned:

https://youtu.be/LQiBkJkj48c?t=609

and, if you rewind a few seconds before he shows how it seems sort of unstable standing. Edit: here is that segment: https://youtu.be/LQiBkJkj48c?t=599

Yeah I get that, but he's likely talking about what he can feel on the figure. Which is the plastic details. As far as the standing, the ankles have a pretty deep pivot if needed so it's likely why he had some trouble standing it up. You can see him adjust the ankles right before it stands on its own.

Again, I don't know anymore than the dude in the video, I'm just saying it's possible they weighted the legs without needing to make the figure itself diecast.

The general shapes throughout are similar but actual sculpted parts are pretty much all different to IG-88 (in some cases slightly, in most cases noticeably different.) The top half of the head is probably the most similar but even that has some minor differences.

I just happen to be rebuilding my Sideshow fig, so I'm a bit of a IG-88 expert currently.:dunno:lol

Yeah I noticed that the differences to the SS version are considerable as well. It was actually one of the points which I was thinking would make me decide if I decide to keep this long term or not. But considering it does look different, and looks great next to OG Mando he'll probably stay in the collection.

Yeah I get that, but he's likely talking about what he can feel on the figure. Which is the plastic details. As far as the standing, the ankles have a pretty deep pivot if needed so it's likely why he had some trouble standing it up. You can see him adjust the ankles right before it stands on its own.

Again, I don't know anymore than the dude in the video, I'm just saying it's possible they weighted the legs without needing to make the figure itself diecast.

Yes, I'd say there may be some metal inside some of the plastic parts. It's pretty easy to oversold plastic over metal.

But in any case even if they haven't done that the SS stands well and the joints are no where near as tight as this. The big flat feet help a lot for stability. And they can be made to be flat to the floor in any pose.

Very happy w how this came out. Mrcventures said in his review (best so far) there are a few diecast parts. Has not been confirmed however.

Back