Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tumbler was perfect for the released price.

It has way tooooooooo much plastic to be paying those crazy secondary market prices.

Plastic can look great, or come out crappy, I say the Tumbler falls somewhere inbetween.

The higher the price, the more it pushes towards crappy plastic :lol

My $1050 plastic tumbler looks pretty badass

:dunno

:lol

Imagine the secondary market price on a Batmobile that starts out at over $1000!! :lol

I'm sure it'll go up in secondary but there is a limit, I don't see it doubling for example if it starts at $1000

My $1050 plastic tumbler looks pretty badass

:dunno

:lol

Example Edited :lol

"Wow dude, you paid $500 for that Tumbler on Ebay, that is bad ass, congrats on the WIN!" :hi5:

"Wow dude, you paid $1,050 for that Tumbler on Ebay, are you ____ing crazy, it's all crappy plastic, what were you thinking!" :slap

Where the hell are my spec/pics? Just show me the price so I can see if I'm going to order this damn thing or not.

If it's $499, I'm all over it. A dime over $600, and HT can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Not paying that for a plastic car.

Oh, professor, did you catch the new pics of this thing?

What if flames really shot out of the exhaust (which by the way, appear to be very detailed)?

I know what you meant. You think the line so far is __it?

The Hot Toys line looks great...the Burton movies are mostly crap is what I mean.

I love collecting the many "faces" of Batman so to speak, however Hot Toys is pushing it with this line! I would rather save my money for the Dark Knight Rises.

Not to mention how risky it is to purchase from them...I mean coming off the disasterous quality control they've had with the OC Batman.

Joker $265
Batman $240
Batmobile $600 plus!?!? :slap

Last edited:
the Burton movies are mostly crap is what I mean . . . I would rather save my money for the Dark Knight Rises.

*puts MONK on ignore*

Seriously though, I bet by the time DX 2.0 Joker and TDKR figures come out they'll be over $200 as well. Some food for thought, the recent Begins Batman exclusive was a regular MMS release and it was $224, only a few dollars less than the DX Keaton Batman . . .

They're not getting any cheaper, regardless of what line they're from. Batman sells and Hot Toys knows it. Any future figure, Returns Batman, TDKR Bale, Bane, Hathaway Catwoman, Ledger Joker variations, Nicholson Joker variations, Returns Penguin, Pfeiffer Catwoman etc. are bound to be expensive regardless if they're MMS or DX.

Last edited:
I would love this but im not sure i will buy it :dunno

I race 1/10 electric RC cars that cost around £350 just for the kit, no electrics just the basic chassis, And the amount of detail and work that goes into them is amazing, all carbon fibre/alloy/titanium not to mention they can hit 80+mph.

Im just not sure i can splash the cash on a big lump of plastic, Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but so does my sons sit in Mini Cooper:thud::slap

Im on the fence with this one as much as i love the car, Maybe i need to take a look at the tumbler as an example and see the work involved and see if i can convince my self it's worth the coin.

Bollocks im going to order it:yess: No im not :horror what to do.

Anyone got a Tumbler? What's the quality like, Is it heavy well made:dunno

I race 1/10 electric RC cars that cost around £350 just for the kit, no electrics just the basic chassis, And the amount of detail and work that goes into them is amazing, all carbon fibre/alloy/titanium not to mention they can hit 80+mph.

I seriously detest the smell of those things. Smart cars, fun to watch, never actually had a shot of one as the price of repairing is mental.

Anyone got a Tumbler? What's the quality like, Is it heavy well made:dunno

It's like a big model ship at museums. Somewhat light but cumbersome and easy to break sections off here and there. Very fragile. My vehicles still sits in their boxes. Not for long now.

Can't believe I've had it since August 2009.

3842421259_dcc0f75b09.jpg

3843148994_6b8c4e660f.jpg

Man, that's pretty cool. It looks like the canopy opens up, I assume that's to fill it with lighter fluid?

Back on topic, the honest truth is I've got almost 100 variants of the Furst Batmobile, and I just can't bring myself to overpay on another, no mater how many bells, whistles and pop up machine guns it sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back