1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Ecko and Badass shelf, Bro. I still think this is one of the most under-rated sculpts HT made when you consider the metal detail, flesh/metal rippage, gore factor and the extraordinary paint apps.

I got some new displays, so Terminator gets its own shelf!
d508326786632e20ffe81007186eb20f.jpg
7976c9aa2f392d9a27e5122d3823d5a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, I've never been a big critic of either of those sculpts, or the Tech Noir ones really. My biggest issue was with the size of the body, which I tried to rectify, but not as successfully as some others have.

Selling mine if someone is interested...Box and brown box complete!Only thing You have to change the battery in both sculpt to lights up...shot me a pm!Thanks

Anyone have a pair of sunglasses for this guy that they’d be willing to part with?

Considering this is one of my grail pieces I Just wish this fig had of been a bit better. The sculpts are not bad the more battle damaged is the better of the two, I feel the soft paint app really let the sculpts down. imo and the body was way undersized. It was pretty obvious putting the 238 against the 136 that HT got the size all wrong with the 238. A minor nit pick too was the lack of a clean t-shirt so you couldn't create the I'll be back line.

I still think it was a bit of a half assed effort from HT, which kind of still sticks in my craw.

Oversized heads and questionable likenesses aside, it wasn't as comprehensive or as well thought-out as one would have liked.

We could have done battle-damage on the clothes ourselves if we wanted so if they weren't going to provide alternate clothes they should have given us a clean vest and a clean jacket.

It lacked options for the eye surgery scene which would have needed a bandaged right arm and hand. This was disappointing since the MMS136 covered almost everything up to and including the arm surgery. MMS238 skips the eye surgery AND ''I'll be back''.

Lastly I think the AR-18 is oversized.

So yeah, should have been better. And where's that damn quarter scale they announced 7 years ago.

>___________<

Geeeeh... We're getting old since that announce. )))) Just found myself 10 years in collecting HT Predators next year. Almost finished the Lost Hunters band in customs. And still no John, no Kyle, no Sarah T1. And the Wolf 2.0 is delayed. I'm glad Disney goes well thou... *sarcasm* ><

Oversized heads and questionable likenesses aside, it wasn't as comprehensive or as well thought-out as one would have liked.

We could have done battle-damage on the clothes ourselves if we wanted so if they weren't going to provide alternate clothes they should have given us a clean vest and a clean jacket.

It lacked options for the eye surgery scene which would have needed a bandaged right arm and hand. This was disappointing since the MMS136 covered almost everything up to and including the arm surgery. MMS238 skips the eye surgery AND ''I'll be back''.

Lastly I think the AR-18 is oversized.

So yeah, should have been better. And where's that damn quarter scale they announced 7 years ago.

Yeah I remember that, damn it looked cool. :(
attachment.php

I remember saying that this would break my no quarter scale figure rule. I wonder why HT canned it? Maybe it was around then they got the Star Wars licence. :gah:

That was probably just an MMS117 with Gargoyles on it. They threw that together real fast to **** with Enterbay. But what a **ck move to pull on the fans. Even with all the great things they did make I find it hard to forgive them for that.

Anyone have any spare cargo pants or boots they would part with? Want to upgrade my 136 but the eBay prices are ridiculous. Going for $60 each. Not paying $120 for that ish.

attachment.php

I remember saying that this would break my no quarter scale figure rule. I wonder why HT canned it? Maybe it was around then they got the Star Wars licence. :gah:

Nah, man. It was way earlier. It was announced/teased the same time around as the 1/4 & 1/6 Endo.

If I remember correctly the Endo was announced soon after, almost in sync with EB´s BD T-800.

attachment.php

I’m still foolishly hoping this actually sees the light of day. I was so psyched when they teased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still foolishly hoping this actually sees the light of day. I was so psyched when they teased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason it shouldn't. It would surely sell well. Though I'd actually prefer a Tech Noir version - more unique looking given that T2 and T3 repeated the black leathers.

Back