Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow shipping and taxes usally make Kit's prices a wash I believe, since Kit's shipping is built in and there are no taxes (to US anyway)
I saw black suit Spider-Man on OSK for $25 more than MSRP at Sideshow, before taxes and shipping there. That's honestly going to be $15+ cheaper than getting it at Sideshow....

$400 at release for a regular sculpted figure from the company the size of HT, from any retailer, is just stupid.
True, but I'm not currently in the US and don't pay Sideshow or UK retailer prices.

Remember, I'm only talking from my personal buying experiences. I tend to use Kit for third party, and others for Hot Toys. As per my post, he may well wind up being the cheapest and safest.

Last edited:
True, but I'm not currently in the US and don't pay Sideshow or UK retailer prices.

Remember, I'm only talking from my personal buying experiences. I tend to use Kit for third party, and others for Hot Toys. As per my post, he may well wind up being the cheapest and safest.
Majority of this forum are based out of the USA so youre one of the odd ones out. We appreciate your patience in our presumption that youre from the USA

Majority of this forum are based out of the USA so youre one of the odd ones out. We appreciate your patience in our presumption that youre from the USA
People in the USA still buy from outside the US via Kit and KGH, which are the two main ones I refer to.

I saw black suit Spider-Man on OSK for $25 more than MSRP at Sideshow, before taxes and shipping there. That's honestly going to be $15+ cheaper than getting it at Sideshow....

$400 at release for a regular sculpted figure from the company the size of HT, from any retailer, is just stupid.
Kit already had the black suit Spidey up?

EDIT: NVMIND, had been searching 'spider-man' now and then and never thought to search 'Peter Parker' or 'black suit' hah

As long as you’re happy with what you have and don’t feel the need to upgrade then that’s all that matters. It’s your collection after all. Don’t feel pressured by anyone here.

(y)(y)

(Except when enabling 😆:lol )

That said, some of us are “stupid” enough to also be considering buying this even though we have the InArt too :lol

Ehehehe guilty as charged;)😅 Even though I have the IA, I’m also going to go for the HT too. TDK is one of my most favorite superhero films and HL’s Joker is one of THE most grand villains, so I‘m feelin’ inclined to get most of the versions😁

Yeah those two are my main sources outside the states. But the conversation was about Kit's pricing vs Sideshow's pricing for those living in the States
No. I wasn't talking about Sideshow. Wor brought them up. Read the posts again. I only said Kit tends to be higher priced for Hot Toys in response to another post. I wasn't comparing to Sideshow, as I no longer deal with them, but agreed with Wor and Nagoya's comments.

Anyway, enough of me explaining. I'm holding out of KGH prices, and others, because KGH say rooted is 4200HKD + Shipping, so waiting to see what sculpted prices are.

Meanwhile we'll still be all sat here with then almost 20 year old pidgeon-head Begins Batman.

In my opinion it is rather sort of disheartening BB hasn’t gotten a fair amount of recognition; a stellar 1/6 Begins suit, Ra’s, Scarecrow with unmasked Crane head sculpt would all be well deserved.

You can see in the background that the display base uses the same ankle-grabber hidden up the pants leg as they did with the new Indiana Jones. So not a magnetic base.

View attachment 652345

Good eye! Curious they decided to implement that for a more a more seamless appearance (unobstructed by a cradle arm, flight pole/clamp). I’d prefer a clear acrylic rod, since I think it looks a bit classier, but nothing can beat the illusion of a figure/statue seemingly unsupported I presume.

I wonder when it’ll go up on Sideshow?

I’m thinking possibly tomorrow as HK sellers have put it out for PO.

This.

There is no reason to order from anybody eöse if you are outside of the US. Obly question remains is if he will offer the rooted one too.

Back