Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s only a little bit sunken to me but my main argument is how close and big the eyes are. Remove the makeup and it’s really not good at all. It doesn’t resemble heath at all, although the makeup and rooted work is very well done. The best also I’m not a big deal and it can be futzed like you said but I’m liking how hot toys did theirs a bit more. But yeah the eyes are a deal breaker to me.
View attachment 653468
That's not a very good comparison photo..literally apples and oranges.

You know how makeup can make some ugly women look good? The makeup distorts so better comparison would have been to use Ledger in Joker makeup

The point is not to make the InArt look good.

I disregard all comparisons until we get a production piece from Hot Toys in 2025.

OR, if people start comparing InArt's proto to HT's proto...

Queen Studios reveals JOKER 3-17-22 (2).jpg

It’s only a little bit sunken to me but my main argument is how close and big the eyes are. Remove the makeup and it’s really not good at all. It doesn’t resemble heath at all, although the makeup and rooted work is very well done. The best also I’m not a big deal and it can be futzed like you said but I’m liking how hot toys did theirs a bit more. But yeah the eyes are a deal breaker to me.
View attachment 653468

Depends because the repaints say otherwise
Img_2023_08_01_17_58_40.jpeg

View attachment 653468
INART's sculpt isn't even perfect by any means but there's something with the way they did it that looks better to me. Their eyes might be too wide but the bigger eyes actually does a better job to me in capturing his likeness. HT went too much in the opposite direction and made his eyes look too small and beady. They look too lost in the overall sculpt and don't stand out the way they should. Whether it's the black eye make up or just how Heath's eyes were, they very much were front and center in the movie. They appeared big and stood out in every frame that he was in. I'm just not getting that feeling at all when I look at Hot Toys prototype version atm.

On a side note but I also like INARTs method of doing his white face paint better than HT. It looks more like it was actually hand smeared on.

0fLi57m.jpg

xkeo85F.jpg

Last edited:
That's not a very good comparison photo..literally apples and oranges.

You know how makeup can make some ugly women look good? The makeup distorts so better comparison would have been to use Ledger in Joker makeup
That’s a good point, here then apples to apples. Proto to proto. Camera distortion here is very similar with the two. I still see how much closer the eyes of inart is. The left eye for example. Not bashing on inart, like I said I prefer the makeup and hair better than hot toys from the prototypes. This is just a personal preference but I tend to like the hot toys sculpt more.

6C54ACDB-FAE0-4CC9-ABAE-26812DC62BDC.jpeg

INART's sculpt isn't even perfect by any means but there's something with the way they did it that captures the likeness better for me. Their eyes might be too wide but the bigger eyes actually does a better job to me in capturing his likeness. HT went too much in the opposite direction and made his eyes look too small and beady. They look too lost in the overall sculpt and don't stand out the way they should. Whether it's the black eye make up or just how Heath's eyes were, they very much were front and center in the movie. They appeared big and stood out in every frame that he was in. I'm just not getting that feeling at all when I look at Hot Toys prototype version atm.

On a side note but I also like INARTs method of doing his white face paint better than HT. It looks more like it was actually hand smeared on.

0fLi57m.jpg

xkeo85F.jpg
I respect that, that’s also very true, his eyes were pretty big in the movie. It’s difficult to compare without hot toys releasing their final yet. I don’t know what it is but in terms of eye shape I still see ledger a bit more on hot toys. It’s difficult because likeness is very subjective end of the day. But I also do like the makeup work better. Hot toys really needs to work on their rooted work.. way too fluffy.

55D43BA4-2EBD-48D6-9831-CF9F4A423BFB.jpeg

I don’t know how to do animation of superimposing an image over another image…but here’s the best I can do:

View attachment 653489
View attachment 653490
View attachment 653491
View attachment 653492
View attachment 653493
View attachment 653494

Respectfully, the eyes are not too close. Wide, yes. But appropriate as hologram has illustrated in his photo selection.
Thank you for clearing that up, respectfully agree. Like I said from Hologram it’s difficult to asses likenesses. Maybe it’s the wideness throwing it off but for me in terms of eyes hot toys nailed it for me.

Its all minutia really -- both Jokers (HT and InArt) are the top of the game right now. Both are insane versions of the character, light-years passed where we were just a few short years ago.

I am very curious to see what HT delivers, as I will certainly pick up one more Ledger Joker if HT keeps to the level of their proto. I do like the open mouth sculpt baring teeth. I'll likely go sculpted to change it up unless HT's rooted is markedly different (in a good way) from InArts.

Two years is a long time to enjoy my InArt. I might feel the urge to splurge for a 3rd Joker from HT, just to have one for that Hit Me stance.

Its all minutia really -- both Jokers (HT and InArt) are the top of the game right now. Both are insane versions of the character, light-years passed where we were just a few short years ago.
Don't you understand? The one I choose has to be better than yours so I can feel superior about my purchase and collection :hammerhead: :thwak

I am very curious to see what HT delivers, as I will certainly pick up one more Ledger Joker if HT keeps to the level of their proto. I do like the open mouth sculpt baring teeth. I'll likely go sculpted to change it up unless HT's rooted is markedly different (in a good way) from InArts.

Two years is a long time to enjoy my InArt. I might feel the urge to splurge for a 3rd Joker from HT, just to have one for that Hit Me stance.
If I can pick up the sculpted hair sculpt from Hot Toys version + shoes, I will. Will be nice to have. The outfit so far doesn't look better or different enough across the board so no interest in that at all atm.

Why don't we do a forum funded sculpt and paint we can produce for the best version ever made? There's a lot of good expertise on here and we can nail the likeness perfectly so that companies can stop making him.

Obviously I get 90% of the say because my opinion matters most.

Wor-Gar can watch.
We can also charge $1000+ to get it painted and rooted from Yuan himself. I think we're onto something here.

xrd-exrd.gif

I think my big thing with this figure is just the novelty that it’s Hot Toys. I don’t know. It’s weird to me that I’d be this invested in the Ledger version of this character again when I haven’t seen the movie in probably 5 years, but it’s got me feeling…nostalgic. The DX 01 was my first Hot Toys figure and that’s what I keep coming back to in my head. Would this figure exist in this capacity without InArt coming along and changing the game? Absolutely not. Not in my mind, at least, but, despite that, in my brain, I’m not comparing it to IA. I’m comparing it to Hot Toys and that’s, I think, why it impresses me so much. To give people an idea of where my head’s at…

IMG_1371.png
IMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1373.png
IMG_1374.jpeg

I think my big thing with this figure is just the novelty that it’s Hot Toys.
This isn't even exclusive to this figure. It branches to all corners in this hobby. You can see incredible customs and third party figures but the moment Hot Toys does it, even if it's worse in some aspects, people will flock to it over the other options.

They have some sense of uniformity to their figures that people like and also an attachment to it. A lot of people have a hard time not being bias towards them because of this.

They're the parent that was there for you growing up, so to speak, in this hobby.

Back