Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Kwok now has the rooted DX33AE up for $575 plus shipping and PP fees which prices me out on that one, at least with him. I’m more interested in the sculpted anyways.
so the rooted will be like 600+ euro

so they want to do what inart already did :lol

For those wondering the UK price is £575 for rooted.

The video made me laugh

"So Howard what made you comeback to do joker?" Gave a fluff answer rather than the fact Inart are taking their limelight 😂
I mean of course he’s not going to come out and say that they’re making something because a competitor came along. I mean we know that’s the answer but it would be stupid and a bad look to say out loud.

Plus they’ve been revisiting a lot of the Nolan Batman characters so who’s to say there wouldn’t have been another Joker eventually? Maybe not this Artisan version but still.

I mean of course he’s not going to come out and say that they’re making something because a competitor came along. I mean we know that’s the answer but it would be stupid and a bad look to say out loud.

Plus they’ve been revisiting a lot of the Nolan Batman characters so who’s to say there wouldn’t have been another Joker eventually? Maybe not this Artisan version but still.
Yea I definitely don't think we'd have the Artisan series if it wasn't for InArt as well as nearly every figure getting moving eyes as standard. But, I do think a new TDK Joker would've eventually come along at one point or another.

Yea I definitely don't think we'd have the Artisan series if it wasn't for InArt as well as nearly every figure getting moving eyes as standard. But, I do think a new TDK Joker would've eventually come along at one point or another.
Competition is good. Hot Toys surely felt like they had to top InArt’s attempt (regardless if one feels they succeeded). But also, Hot Toys is also responding to, “wait, you guys are willing to pay a $150 for fancy hair?!’.

Competition is good. Hot Toys surely felt like they had to top InArt’s attempt (regardless if one feels they succeeded). But also, Hot Toys is also responding to, “wait, you guys are willing to pay a $150 for fancy hair?!’.
I just wonder if they didn’t really know the market for a more premium type figure beyond standard sixth scale. I’ve said it before but the InArt style and now these Artisan figures are like a niche within a market that’s already niche.

Curious who’s getting the rooted. The sculpted is way too good, so I think I’m getting that. Their rooted hairs isn’t as good as inarts but still decent.

Curious who’s getting the rooted. The sculpted is way too good, so I think I’m getting that. Their rooted hairs isn’t as good as inarts but still decent.
I was all for the rooted, but the sculpt on this is amazing, the price is a lot less, and it will be mass produced rather than extremely limited. Think I'm going straight for the sculpted to avoid the disappointment and headaches.
Yeah I think the limited availability of the rooted will make a lot of people’s decision for them. And unlike InArt, the sculpted is also so good it’s by no means a consolation prize.

I’ll attempt to get the rooted, but I won’t be crushed if I miss out, as the sculpted hair version looks fantastic.

I would like to get either Joker or Anakin rooted. Not both and I’m okay with either one really. I’d just like to jump in on one of them to see how they are. I probably wouldn’t get a sculpted Joker though.

I’ll attempt to get the rooted, but I won’t be crushed if I miss out, as the sculpted hair version looks fantastic.
Honestly for almost $600 for rooted it’s not too bad. It’s pretty much inart if they didn’t do a 2 pack. Which is something I would have preferred than having 2 jokers displayed. If their mass production rooted looks good I might have to switch. Time will tell. If I can grab the sculpted I would be as happy though. But you’re right can’t go wrong with the rooted edition.

Honestly for almost $600 for rooted it’s not too bad. It’s pretty much inart if they didn’t do a 2 pack.
I dunno; one rooted figure for $600 vs two rooted figures, a huge metal and wood diorma piece and swappable seemless arms for $1000.
Even if you didn’t want all of that, it was more of a bargain and you could have sold off what you didn’t want for a profit and ended up with one figure for the price of a regular HT.

HT are overcharging at $600. It shouldn’t exceed $450-$500 to remain competitive with InArt.
My rooted Aragorn was $450 and that was at a time with a worse conversion rate.

Of course, HT have also manufactured the limited aspect of the Artisan figures which enables them to go even higher with their pricing.

All these prices we see being thrown around are either from resellers or an estimated ss price which they have their own markup on.
The rooted Joker is actually ~$450 if you get it direct from HT.

I dunno; one rooted figure for $600 vs two rooted figures, a huge metal and wood diorma piece and swappable seemless arms for $1000.
Even if you didn’t want all of that, it was more of a bargain and you could have sold off what you didn’t want for a profit and ended up with one figure for the price of a regular HT.

HT are overcharging at $600. It shouldn’t exceed $450-$500 to remain competitive with InArt.
My rooted Aragorn was $450 and that was at a time with a worse conversion rate.

Of course, HT have also manufactured the limited aspect of the Artisan figures which enables them to go even higher with their pricing.
I can’t decide tbh if rooted is even worth it because it’s not as good as inarts. The sculpted looks as good but saving a lot of money as well.

It’s either pay the $500-$600 for a figure that might even be worse than their prototype, or be safe with the sculpted. Rooted is great for joker always but in this case is very much subjective.

In regards to pricing, I honestly think that anything over $375 is too expensive.

Before the scoffers start to... scoff... please take the following into consideration:

Asmus Toys is able to provide an amazing Gandalf the White figure with faux hair and beard, incredibly detailed outfit, metal sword, several accessories, a bunch of hand options AND threw in a 1/6 scaled horse (Shadowfax), all for $380.00!

I believe that the limited edition crap is just an excuse for Hot Toys to charge more money. If there was any company that could produce a faux haired Joker in high numbers, it would be Hot Toys. They can obviously charge as much as they want but I just wanted to show where another company has been able to provide a quality product for a reasonable price.*

*Just my opinion...

too much money, Aragorn was $480 SHIPPED from Kit, I'm sure it was even cheaper if you ordered locally from IA directly.

Yeah, Aragorn was $480 from Kit, $450 from KG (with free shipping too,) and probably around $400-$420 direct from InArt.

Whatever HT charges direct for the Artisan figures is irrelevant to just about all of us here because we can’t buy direct from them.

Therefore I’m going to compare what it costs me to get a Premium InArt figure to what it costs me to get an Artisan Hot Toys.
Going off those numbers, Artisan is not looking like a good deal at all- for me.

Not really but to each their own of course. :dunno

Id0cfQ5.png

SleepyDimCoyote-max-1mb.gif
Inart eyelids are trash so there's that

Back