Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys mentioned the RSVP… had no idea and didn’t see it in an email.

Overall, figure looks pretty nice in the video but that shirt color is way off. Funny enough, it’s close to the color the old medicom figure went with for their shirt way back when.

The gloves look very glossy and plasticky.

The socks are the wrong color again.

sOWJyRF.gif

View attachment 652302

“So I showed this to my wife and son and asked them to guess which one cost $450 and which one cost $1000. And they BOTH said the one on the left costs $450 LOL! This literally TOTALLY happened. I really do have a wife and kid and they REALLY REALLY said the one on the left looks like a toy!! I would always ask my wife and son for their opinion to feel validated in my CLEARLY ‘biased’ point of view”

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
The wife: “Ok son, what did Mommy say that we do when Daddy gets into one of his psychotics doll rants?”

The son: “Tell him what he wants to hear to make him stop”.

The wife: “That’s right son. Now take my hand and lets talk to Daddy quickly”.

All good man. I'm more or less just pulling your leg. We like what we like :duff I do particular find the jail sculpt to be lacking as I've voiced before, but I'd be hard pressed to really find any issues with the normal sculpt in terms of likeness and/or realism.

Is there ragging on this piece? 🤔 Seems to be a lot of ppl liking what they're seeing just maybe not enough to pull the trigger if they have the InArt already. I do agree with a lot in this thread that the sculpted hair looks better than the rooted though. However, my compulsion to own as many options/accessories as possible will make me want to try to get the rooted and then just pick up a sculpted head parted out later.

Haha we're good, all in good fun. The Inart piece is fine, anyone who has it in their collection has a solid piece. 🤟

Definitely ragging in comparison to Inarts. I think the video released just now goes to show just how good it is, in my opinion it's got a edge over Inart. There's definitely people too proud to admit Hot Toys did a good job and maybe even better that Inarts in this thread. At the same time that's thanks to Inart. Hot Toys now looking at getting help from custom artists etc. Is astonishing. Great competition.

I think the rooted is fine, needs refinement. It's no worse that the custom Viper I have for my 1/4 at least.

Next year Inart will release a Jokor 2.0 anyway, and if you pull his tie his voice box will say 'Hit Me!', then if you give him a little slap 'you want to know how I got these scars?'.

Last edited:
Just kinda funny how bad my timing with figures is. I didn't even get a day to enjoy my inart as the best 1/6th heath joker on the market without it being dethroned by hot toys in the same day. Bought a DX09 and before i recieved it, it was spotted last year at comic con. Bought the 66 batman and robin because i thought they would be better than the 3rd parties, 3rd party comes out better than the hot toys. It never ends 😭😭😭 buy a DX19, few months later hot toys craps on their own DX19 with TDKR armory. Tbf i don't really care for TDKR armory but i just found it funny.

Last edited:
Yeah i guess so, but idk in terms of sculpt I really like the hot toys one, likeness is great. And idk why I'm so pressed about it but it's just 1600 AUD and another one thats on the same level imo i feel like i just jumped too quickly.
It'll be a long time before the HT comes out.

Both figures are different enough to justify buying any of them...or both.

As a happy owner of the Inart, this is quite impressive. I don't feel the coat is quite there, rooted hair definitely isn't, but the sculpted hair is great, I like that the face has an expression, but don't think much of the tongue, that just looks weird, but overall I think I prefer my IA. I prefer the expression on it.

Haha we're good, all in good fun. The Inart piece is fine, anyone who has it in their collection has a solid piece. 🤟

Definitely ragging in comparison to Inarts. I think the video released just now goes to show just how good it is, in my opinion it's got a edge over Inart. There's definitely people too proud to admit Hot Toys did a good job and maybe even better that Inarts in this thread. At the same time that's thanks to Inart. Hot Toys now looking at getting help from custom artists etc. Is astonishing. Great competition.

I think the rooted is fine, needs refinement. It's no worse that the custom Viper I have for my 1/4 at least.

Next year Inart will release a Jokor 2.0 anyway, and if you pull his tie his voice box will say 'Hit Me!', then if you give him a little slap 'you want to know how I got these scars?'.
I agree, for me as well this has an edge over inart. While inart has better seamless arms, and rooted hair from prototypes, hot toys headsculpt wins it for me. Their tailoring improved so much as well so it’s on par if not slightly better. People who are glazing inart can’t see how the eyes are way too big and close together. However, I do like the paint job from inart a bit more.

Hot toys sculpt resembles heath from the movie so much more for me, a simple touch up repaint for his skin tone would make the figure so good. But yeah I’m definitely digging their jokor so far.

Is inart really remaking another joker? Maybe 3 years from now but we’re still early in phase 1.

Back