Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone pointed this out on FB. I didn't notice this and assumed it was two heads. So I guess it will just be a tiny tongue to place in the mouth.

Screenshot_20230724_122308_Facebook.jpg

Ngl, it would be cool to be able to display both companies' rooted Jokers to capture this moment in the hobby's history

Agreed! HT would still be complacent if it wasn’t for InArt taking the first step to push the hobby further in trying to bridge the gap between mass produced and custom work without paying custom prices
Yep! And now it seems hot toys are going out of their way to destroy any competiton and continue to dominate.

It looks nice, but I dont see the point if you already own the Inart version.

I think the Hot Toys version is pretty nice. We all pretty much saw this coming at some point after the InArt release came along. I think both figures do things well.

I like how Hot Toys is offering a single rooted figure rather than being forced to buy a two pack. I know InArt has changed that model with subsequent offerings but that was a reason I didn’t jump on their Joker.

Also I feel like the sculpted hair on the Hot Toys release looks better. Also agreed that the head looks to be better proportioned to the body.

I also like how Hot Toys included a few accessories that InArt left out and the base looks better to me.

Ultimately I don’t know if I’ll get it. I’ve been over Ledger Joker for a while and am not a huge fan of The Dark Knight like I used to be.

Great comparison lineup. Hot toys prototype looks slightly more realistic and expressive to me. The lower eye lids and transition to eyeballs are better, even if some here have said the eyes are too small for Heath. Time will tell how the delivered figure will look.

Both are a great advancement to the hobby, and hopefully we'll keep seeing more high level figures, as well as better regular tier figures.

Wow! I didn’t realize until seeing this that Hot Toys is significantly better than INART and I imagine will only be a fraction of the price. Not just the sculpt but the tailoring…the pilly terry cloth purple bathrobe on the IINART? Really? How could they have justified breaking the thousand dollar barrier?
Along with the overscaled noggin, sunken eyes, misaligned paint work on the brow and ginger hair...

If you don't already have a favorite joker in your collection, I suppose this is as good as any. I'm at the point where I'm ready to get off the Joker roller coaster, so I suspect that if I every buy another, it will have to be a ridiculously expensive custom that makes me happy enough to just look at it and be completely content. I have the Inart rooted pack and there are still some things about it that aren't satisfying, but buying this HT version just seems like throwing more money away on another joker that still doesn't tick all of the boxes for me.

All that said, I'm not going to reward HT with a purchase when they haven't innovated one iota. It's one thing to be out in front of the market, delivering high quality, innovative figures that consumers want, but that's not what this is. It's a reaction to being shown up.

I think both InArt and Hot Toys have good Jokers on their hands. The more neutral expression of InArt fits the character better but I never liked the eyes on it, it also seems like the suit is a bit better on InArt. Definitely prefer HT's accessories and base but the lack of seamless arms and prison table seem like a strange omission.

For me the biggest issue with Hot Toys's version is the hairline, it needs to be less full and more receded, the paint could also do with an improvement.

Normal:
1690218359515.jpeg

Photoshopped:
1690218369333.png

Overall I think it's a solid figure and sculpt based off the "Hit me!" moment, the tongue is hilarious I actually joked about them including it in a new joker and never imagined they actually would :p But it feels like they could've done more I get the sense this is a rushed prototype and not coming from a place of passion, hopefully they improve upon those key issues holding it back.

Along with the overscaled noggin, sunken eyes, misaligned paint work on the brow and ginger hair...
I feel like the head being slightly over sized works for all the layers hes wearing on the coat version, it looks fine. Hair is not ginger and i do agree the eyes throw it off a little bit but it's still a great figure

The small eyes is exactly what throws the likeness off on the Hot Toys version imo. Too small and beady.

Vj3URUJ.png

I think something in the middle would probably be better. But as it stands the Hot Toys one looks real, the Inart eyes look incredibly toy-like. I'd rather the realism and it to be slightly off to be honest.

Back