Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh and I just asked about this in the InArt thread recently that everyone ignored :lol

Looks pretty nice but not better than InArt, however they both have their faults for sure. Good update compared to the DX11 though I would say. I do think combined they will be really nice. Body proportions on InArt’s is still better though. I think head size needs to be somewhere in between the two as this looks too small and InArt’s (at least jail cell head) is too big.

Shirt and blazer look better than InArt’s version in the proto ant least in color, and I also like the new shoes (better than InArt’s too) and updated hands.

I will try to get one of the rooted heads but won’t stress about it like I am for Anakin. I do like the open mouth with teeth showing expression and the sculpted hair looks pretty nice. The tongue out expression is really weird to me though. This solidifies that I will sell my jail cell set and get rid of the second figure (and stupidly large box). Guessing that Danoby guy that was bashing InArt’s the whole time is going to really gush over this one

Last note - I will say, I think I would’ve been fine with this version alone had I known this was 100% happening when the InArt was announced as Ledger Joker isn’t the end all, be all for me. I’ve always just wanted a good Ledger Joker for the shelf but didn’t like what came before so I opted for the InArt, but this version would’ve been just fine to suit my needs. It’s a bit of a catch 22 though as this is only happening in response to the InArt version :lol

Last edited:
Eh, proportions are better than Inart (no oversized head), but I'm really not digging those expressions.
They should have recreated and updated that laughing sculpt they had on the DX11. It's one of the best and fun Joker sculpted expressions done.

up_19.jpg

So opinions on this figure will fall into two camps…the poor folks who paid $1k for the Inart figure will all declare this figure a disaster…everyone else for the most part will be very pleased with what looks like a really solid release from Hot Toys.
I’m already cringing in advance over how some folks who shelled out the thousand dollars are going to be gaslighting themselves into HATING this figure.

So opinions on this figure will fall into two camps…the poor folks who paid $1k for the Inart figure will all declare this figure a disaster…everyone else for the most part will be very pleased with what looks like a really solid release from Hot Toys.
I’m already cringing in advance over how some folks who shelled out the thousand dollars are going to be gaslighting themselves into HATING this figure.
I mean i have inart but hot toys have done a great job here, theres no denying it. Some things a little off but so is inart, they both have their ups and downs. Talking about the sculpted figure though, not the rooted inart still wins that one.

Hot Toys was always good with stealing ideas from other makers and they seem to be at it again here. Just over 15 years ago they were stealing from Enterbay and now trying to run parallel to InArt. They're good at swiping innovation and effectively burying their competition (if there is any competition at all) using their aggressive industry power. Being at the top of the industry has its perks! Very well then, we'll just have to see what they produce and what this means to the future of Hot Toys with this Artisan line.

InArt showed that us there was a concept of innovation and craft worth striving for that Hot Toys and other companies missed or ignored. They showed the consumer that there was a new option worth investing in, even with the spectacularly high price point. They succeeded and achieved a new level of quality and production in 1:6 scale that we hadn't seen before. I think InArt's mistake was to so boldly and blatantly approach licenses and characters that Hot Toys had already produced. It was like an open challenge that Hot Toys had to respond to, and now they have. InArt would have been fine just concentrating on characters that collectors wanted but hadn't previously been produced.

I can't imagine how Hot Toys can do better or undo what InArt produced. That seems to be the what Hot Toys is aspiring to: to merely meet InArt's success, by copying it, rather than trying to exceed it. But I suppose there's only so far you can reach before plateauing on these fine innovations and I think a "better" Joker won't be seen, only another comparable parallel Joker. It's all turning into a lot of white noise that is irritating rather than exciting and I don't want to buy into a brand race at this point.

Hot Toys was always good with stealing ideas from other makers and they seem to be at it again here. Just over 15 years ago they were stealing from Enterbay and now trying to run parallel to InArt. They're good at swiping innovation and effectively burying their competition (if there is any competition at all) using their aggressive industry power. Being at the top of the industry has its perks! Very well then, we'll just have to see what they produce and what this means to the future of Hot Toys with this Artisan line.

InArt showed that us there was a concept of innovation and craft worth striving for that Hot Toys and other companies missed or ignored. They showed the consumer that there was a new option worth investing in, even with the spectacularly high price point. They succeeded and achieved a new level of quality and production in 1:6 scale that we hadn't seen before. I think InArt's mistake was to so boldly and blatantly approach licenses and characters that Hot Toys had already produced. It was like an open challenge that Hot Toys had to respond to, and now they have. InArt would have been fine just concentrating on characters that collectors wanted but hadn't previously been produced.

I can't imagine how Hot Toys can do better or undo what InArt produced. That seems to be the what Hot Toys is aspiring to: to merely meet InArt's success, by copying it, rather than trying to exceed it. But I suppose there's only so far you can reach before plateauing on these fine innovations and I think a "better" Joker won't be seen, only another comparable parallel Joker. It's all turning into a lot of white noise that is irritating rather than exciting and I don't want to buy into a brand race at this point.
Honestly inart lit a fire under hot toys ass it really shows. The stuff they've been announcing this year is unlike anything they've done before, it's clear that inart put an end to the lazy stuff they were doing and now they're going above and beyond. Still some misses though with some figures 🤣🤣🤣 but for the most part theres a quality difference, i haven't been in the hobby for very long buti saw what they were putting out last year and what they've been announcing now.

It's not black and white. You can admire both while also pointing out the flaws on both as well. Neither are perfect.

Inart did some things better while Hot Toys might do other aspects better. What you consider those aspects are will differ from one person to another depending on what they see and expect from this version of Joker.

Think they easily could have too. I believe this is also ambrosias sculpt:

View attachment 651548
Damn that would have been a fun second sculpt to include. Would have even nicely tied this as a DX11 2.0. Weird that they went with the "just have him sticking out his Peacemaker tongue" as a second expression here. Literally had the work already done for them as well. Bizarre decision.

It’s isn’t better than IA (which I have) but it will sell much more.

Which is at he end of the day, everything that matters to HT.

Agreed, Holo, the laughing sculpt is great and a remake would've been cool.

The volume of the sculpted hair looks a little nicer to me on this one compared to the InArt, but I don't own that figure and can only draw from others' photos of it.

Dafuq was HT thinking with that sewer cover on the diorama base, though? I know their bases have played with perspective before, but that cover is miniscule. Joker looks like a towering giant beside it. It's too small to be a cover and took big to be a half-eaten Oreo cookie.

Sorry man but your post makes you no better than the people you're criticizing.

Dafuq was HT thinking with that sewer cover on the diorama base, though? I know their bases have played with perspective before, but that cover is miniscule. Joker looks like a towering giant beside it. It's too small to be a cover and took big to be a half-eaten Oreo cookie.
A tease for upcoming 1/6 TMNT??? Lol. Gotta get that base reuse in!

Think the haired figure looks weird and have Inart (along with DX01+11) but will be getting this anyways so.... I'm a damn sucker and I hate my Joker OCD.

I’m starting to second guess my opinion on getting this coat for my IA figure. It does look a bit bathrobe-ish. Very interesting to see prices on this as I definitely want it. The shoes are so much better than InArts, always found them oversized.

Honestly inart lit a fire under hot toys ass it really shows. The stuff they've been announcing this year is unlike anything they've done before, it's clear that inart put an end to the lazy stuff they were doing and now they're going above and beyond. Still some misses though with some figures 🤣🤣🤣 but for the most part theres a quality difference, i haven't been in the hobby for very long buti saw what they were putting out last year and what they've been announcing now.
Agreed! HT would still be complacent if it wasn’t for InArt taking the first step to push the hobby further in trying to bridge the gap between mass produced and custom work without paying custom prices
It's not black and white. You can admire both while also pointing out the flaws on both as well. Neither are perfect.

Inart did some things better while Hot Toys might do other aspects better. What you consider those aspects are will differ from one person to another depending on what they see and expect from this version of Joker.
that’s exactly what I think too. Sure, there will e those that crap on this to make themselves feel better about the figure they bought, but I do think more will see the merits of this piece regardless if they have the InArt. Both have their weak and strong points. I don’t think anyone could go wrong with either. There are things I definitely like better about this more than the InArt for sure.

C3F04E31-6EA4-4C0E-A9E4-DAEDA052E9EE.jpeg

I feel I got my InArt joker looking just right, so I’m very excited to get some parts and mix and match with the Hot Toy. Hoping price doesn’t go over $315

The best sits on the collared shirt far better on the HT, so I’ll probably swap that over to the jail cell joker.

Back