Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg.... I totally did not mean to post that in a racist way... I actually don't even understand how it racist

Errr.. dude, it was a response to a post by someone from Hong Kong.. with a stylised angry asian face and a Chinglish caption.. if it was intended to be a joke, imho it was wide of the mark.

Omg.... I totally did not mean to post that in a racist way... I actually don't even understand how it racist

Brainiac....

4f74d22c30208.jpg

That was exactly my point.. a negative racial stereotype.. while it's certainly possible Hockeyflow33 has an ethnically diverse background, I think it's a lot less likely he would be making those kind of comments, if that were the case.. there is a strong correlation between approving of racial stereotypes / complaining about 'PC' restrictions ..and a certain type of white Caucasian.

I get what you are saying, but just pointing out you are in fact doing the same thing. Despite contrary opinion you can in fact be racist toward white folk, and not all racist are white. So if you want to bring up that a comment is insensitive that's fine. But don't do it by stereotyping the person saying it. It's like one person calling someone dumb, that person saying its offensive and calling the other person stupid. Two sides of the same coin.

I can COMPLETLY understand being offended by that cartoon, or at least think its poor taste(even though I don't think that was the intent). But don't make the same mistake by assuming the person is white, becuase hate to tell you, not all white people are racist and not all racist are white. That was my point. What you said in response to my first comment was essential "i only called him white becuase there's a reputation for certain white people to be racist"...which is pretty much saying I am sterotying him. Not trying to pick a fight. Totally on board with your sentiment, just not your way of getting it across.

No reason to make a big deal out of it, everyone is joking around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, becuase everyone took it as a joke. Maybe just speak for yourself my friend. It's plain that at least one person found it insensitive. When someone accuses you of being in the KKK, sorry, not taken as a joke.

That was exactly my point.. a negative racial stereotype.. while it's certainly possible Hockeyflow33 has an ethnically diverse background, I think it's a lot less likely he would be making those kind of comments, if that were the case.. there is a strong correlation between approving of racial stereotypes / complaining about 'PC' restrictions ..and a certain type of white Caucasian.

I'm from Boston with an Irish background...it doesn't get any whiter than me. Unless it's summer, then I'm red haha.

Everyone needs to calm down, people are making jokes. If you don't like it oh well. No one is posting with malicious intent so even if someone fails on a joke, it was still meant as a joke.

#StandwithBrainiac

Its a popular meme based on a Japanese comedian and the person quoted doesn't seem to be offended. Safe to say we can move on?

Back to the iron man.

Interesting to see it has markings similar to War Machine on the shoulder. I guess to give it a more military appearance? Though doesn't make much sense for Stark

I get what you are saying, but just pointing out you are in fact doing the same thing. Despite contrary opinion you can in fact be racist toward white folk, and not all racist are white. So if you want to bring up that a comment is insensitive that's fine. But don't do it by stereotyping the person saying it. It's like one person calling someone dumb, that person saying its offensive and calling the other person stupid. Two sides of the same coin.

I can COMPLETLY understand being offended by that cartoon, or at least think its poor taste(even though I don't think that was the intent). But don't make the same mistake by assuming the person is white, becuase hate to tell you, not all white people are racist and not all racist are white. That was my point. What you said in response to my first comment was essential "i only called him white becuase there's a reputation for certain white people to be racist"...which is pretty much saying I am sterotying him. Not trying to pick a fight. Totally on board with your sentiment, just not your way of getting it across.

Yeah, becuase everyone took it as a joke. Maybe just speak for yourself my friend. It's plain that at least one person found it insensitive. When someone accuses you of being in the KKK, sorry, not taken as a joke.

Well said

I'm from Boston with an Irish background...it doesn't get any whiter than me. Unless it's summer, then I'm red haha.

Everyone needs to calm down, people are making jokes. If you don't like it oh well. No one is posting with malicious intent so even if someone fails on a joke, it was still meant as a joke.

#StandwithBrainiac

Stand tall!! (or short)

Its a popular meme based on a Japanese comedian and the person quoted doesn't seem to be offended. Safe to say we can move on?

Back to the iron man.

Interesting to see it has markings similar to War Machine on the shoulder. I guess to give it a more military appearance? Though doesn't make much sense for Stark

I agree. I also feel the "battle damage" was very minimalist

I went to the show again and re-took some photo , one without flash and one with Flash, under the normal lighting without flash, the details is very subtle, all you see is a dark object. it is much better with Flash , but still far from official images

IM_NoFlash.jpg

IM_Flash.jpg

Back