Hot Toys TF Exclusive BvS Armored Batman (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passsssssssssssssssssssssss. What a money grab. NO expression on his face as well. This face should of been included in the armored version I already have. And I already bought the staff. Typical HT

personally i love this!! I didn't get the first version mainly hoping they would make another figure with the staff, so i am glad i waited. I don't care if they have expressions or not, that does not factor into me buying a figure or not. I tend to like no expressions for most of my figures anyway. The only one i really love is Harley Quinn. But to each their own. :)

Since i didn't get the regular incould care less what expression he has lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so po might not be today. They just posted 2 new po. 1 for iron studios batman (black edition) and I think court of the dead print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all this time, this is not the Armored Batman we deserve, nor the one we need right now. I don't give a damn if it is HT reusing a generic "neutral" Affleck sculpt. The lack of emotion is so. Damn. Grating. They show pics of him standing over Superman and, frankly, it's terrifying. By robbing him of his emotion, they rob him of his humanity. In that scene, you can tell this is a man in the midst of a moral crisis; so clouded by his own rage that he's willing to go to lengths he never before thought possible and kill a man just as a precautionary measure. He's on his last leg and he's emotionally fragile and unstable.

This figure, on the other hand? That is the look of a man who cannot be dissuaded from his present course, no matter what you say. That is a Bruce Wayne who is empty; mechanical, even; a bonafide psycho who will plunge that spear into your chest and watch the life drain from your eyes without a second's hesitation, and that's not at all the Bruce Wayne I remember from that moment. I just don't know where the hell HT gets their ideas from. How does their creative director keep his job with all the stupid **** he does?

Regular armored Batman in the movie: neutral face as he lights the signal; neutral face as he stares down Superman.

Regular armored Batman figure: no neutral face whatsoever, even though HT knew it was relevant enough to include in their life-size figure.

BD armored Batman in the movie: emotional wreck that goes from angry, volatile, and wrathful, alternating words from between gritted teeth when he isn't shouting them, and, subsequently, shocked, horrified, and on the verge of tears as he realizes how far he's fallen and how much he's betrayed the values that made him who he is.

BD armored Batman figure: "Well, he's dead. That was easy. I wonder what Alfred's got on the stove?"

I think the sculpt is one being used for a sculpt in Justice League.

My guess is that hot Toys wanted a angry emotional sculpt but didn't get approval . We heard similar hints about license approvals from budget stark with Civil war winter soldier .Thats another figure that dropped the ball completely . That figure has so much potential to be awesome but we got a very vanilla version instead .[emoji18] . I'll probably still get this because if love the look of this suit .

Hot toys had the opportunity to make this absolutely fantastic but they missed the boat . It's still really great but it's lacking an emotional expression which kills a lot of human figures these days and this figure is begging for a dynamic stand . Heck , they should have given this the iron man mark 46 stand . It definitely fits the scene of the movie . I'm really interested in the improved articulation . We can always swap out the heads with the original I guess .
And yet when they do expressive sculpts: oh it looks awful, you can't put this in more than one pose! or what was Hot Toys thinking doing a sculpt that's so scene specific?!

A perfect recent example is the Harley Quinn figure. Overall a great piece but there's a lot of complaining about her expression.

People complain and complain no matter what. It's an endless cycle and some of you are never happy either way.

I think the biggest slip on expressions would be Drax. That is one that shouldn't have been "I'm bored."

I'm buying just for the sheer fact that I'm a die hard Batman fan. Collect them all for me. I think this goes up today and if not then Monday.

They could've added all these BD parts on the regular version, but I don't blame them for cashing on this. At least is not an IM.

A moment of silence for those that paid THAT much money for a toni mei spear though. LOL.

OK HT, Batman Returns now?

After all this time, this is not the Armored Batman we deserve, nor the one we need right now. I don't give a damn if it is HT reusing a generic "neutral" Affleck sculpt. The lack of emotion is so. Damn. Grating. They show pics of him standing over Superman and, frankly, it's terrifying. By robbing him of his emotion, they rob him of his humanity. In that scene, you can tell this is a man in the midst of a moral crisis; so clouded by his own rage that he's willing to go to lengths he never before thought possible and kill a man just as a precautionary measure. He's on his last leg and he's emotionally fragile and unstable.

This figure, on the other hand? That is the look of a man who cannot be dissuaded from his present course, no matter what you say. That is a Bruce Wayne who is empty; mechanical, even; a bonafide psycho who will plunge that spear into your chest and watch the life drain from your eyes without a second's hesitation, and that's not at all the Bruce Wayne I remember from that moment. I just don't know where the hell HT gets their ideas from. How does their creative director keep his job with all the stupid **** he does?

Regular armored Batman in the movie: neutral face as he lights the signal; neutral face as he stares down Superman.

Regular armored Batman figure: no neutral face whatsoever, even though HT knew it was relevant enough to include in their life-size figure.

BD armored Batman in the movie: emotional wreck that goes from angry, volatile, and wrathful, alternating words from between gritted teeth when he isn't shouting them, and, subsequently, shocked, horrified, and on the verge of tears as he realizes how far he's fallen and how much he's betrayed the values that made him who he is.

BD armored Batman figure: "Well, he's dead. That was easy. I wonder what Alfred's got on the stove?"

That gave me goosebumps reading it. Great analysis on the scene to delineate just how much the expression on this figure misses the mark, by not at all accurately capturing the emotion in that emotion laden scene.

The moment he growls with a shaking voice, "You were never even a man," is the expression I think they should have gone for.

image.jpeg

When you rewatch it, all "Martha" levity aside, it really is a twisted and f-d up scene and really shows you how deranged Batman has really become. Killing someone as you look into their eyes, especially when that person has wide, desperate, pleading eyes that are begging for you not to do it. When he's in the moment of truth (about to kill Superman in cold blood), it's almost as if he knows what he's about to do and still possesses at least an iota of a conscience because he has to justify the killing in his mind by robbing Supeman of his humanity and essentially reducing him to nothing more than a POS by telling him, "You were NEVER even a MAN." The ends will justify the means and I won't feel an ounce of contrition because you weren't even a man, or any type of sentient being, in the first place.

The figure does look great overall, but they really need to consider changing the expression on that sculpt to really sell what the entire point of this version is supposed to be about.

Bet there's a chance they modify the sculpt. Only reason why I can't see it is because the toy fair exclusives usually come out within 6 months and it's not a whole lot of time.

Bet there's a chance they modify the sculpt. Only reason why I can't see it is because the toy fair exclusives usually come out within 6 months and it's not a whole lot of time.

Is it worth it though? I think the strong chance is that this is a Bruce sculpt for the JL figure. They cash in double with that logic. I agree this mundane expression isn't appropriate but I highly doubt they change it to anger. That would be an entire new sculpt.

i dont like this figure at all.

HT just make the normal version in battle version and now its a new figure? :cuckoo:

So for the people who dont have the first version, go for this one. But i dont think there are alot of people who will take them booth.

Really Hot Toys, why a rip-off version of the same figure?

A kryponite spear (Who almost everybody has already i think), and damage helmet....

Hot Toys only want the money, but maybe they need to come with a better figure of this movie ....

i dont like this figure at all.

HT just make the normal version in battle version and now its a new figure? :cuckoo:

So for the people who dont have the first version, go for this one. But i dont think there are alot of people who will take them booth.

Really Hot Toys, why a rip-off version of the same figure?

A kryponite spear (Who almost everybody has already i think), and damage helmet....

Hot Toys only want the money, but maybe they need to come with a better figure of this movie ....

I mean... yeah. Of course Hot Toys only wants money. Kinda what business is all about.

Back