Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, the Arnolds I'd buy. It would be great if they redid the Tech Noir version. It would be awesome to include a singed hair/eyebrows sculpt without the bloody eye. I know the trailers allude to the T1 Terminator being destroyed immediately upon its arrival, but trailers can be deceptive. Who knows, we may see a bit of Tech Noir which will serve as an excuse to make another one.

I suspect this license will only include a one off fig of Arnold though.

Lol, it's February and I still have my Xmas themed sig. I need to stop being lazy and make up a new one.

Huge, HUGE fan of T1, T2 and TSCC but this new movie and the accompanying 1/6 license, for reasons I can't fathom, just doesn't excite me at all. Help! :gah:

As you know Ryan I have similar terminator tastes. I think that t3 and t4 were a sliding scale and that is dampening my excitement. Ironically I just read the salvation tie in novels and they were better than the film

I've got mixed feelings on Genisys, but as someone who loathed Salvation and the comedic tone of T3, I'm banking on it being the best non-Cameron movie yet. At the very least, there'll be some Future War scenes that resemble Cameron's vision. Pops will complete my Arnie Trio. If the movies good, I might be in for more figs.

I'm surprised people actually want NECA and Hot Toys to make Terminator Genisys figures. The fact that they're excited for them makes me even more surprised.

If it were me, I'd use the movie to make more T1 and T2 collectibles, especially odd characters out like Biehn Kyle Reese (shame we'll have to specify which Kyle), kid John Connor and 80s Sarah. Hot Toys could roll out some QS Police Shootout and and QS Uncle Bob. Make a "diecast" T1/T2 Endo. Do a weird 1/6 T2 T-1000 like split or pretzel man or all chromed. NECA could pump out "Ultimate" versions of all the T-800s and T-1000, maybe go back to those 12" ones (can't believe they never made a 12" chrome T-1000). Take advantage of the movie hype.

Are people really excited about an old man Arnold that has feelings and taught Sarah Connor how to read? Or a ninja T-1000? The hilarious looking non-Stan Winston TV CGI Endo with the horse teeth and steel bra?

Last edited:
I've got mixed feelings on Genisys, but as someone who loathed Salvation and the comedic tone of T3, I'm banking on it being the best non-Cameron movie yet.

Genisys looks like they took the worse from those movies and amped it up to full retard.

I'm surprised people actually want NECA and Hot Toys to make Terminator Genisys figures. The fact that they're excited for them makes me even more surprised.

If it were me, I'd use the movie to make more T1 and T2 collectibles, especially odd characters out like Biehn Kyle Reese (shame we'll have to specify which Kyle), kid John Connor and 80s Sarah. Hot Toys could roll out some QS Police Shootout and and QS Uncle Bob. Make a "diecast" T1/T2 Endo. Do a weird 1/6 T2 T-1000 like split or pretzel man or all chromed. NECA could pump out "Ultimate" versions of all the T-800s and T-1000, maybe go back to those 12" ones (can't believe they never made a 12" chrome T-1000). Take advantage of the movie hype.

Are people really excited about an old man Arnold that has feelings and taught Sarah Connor how to read? Or a ninja T-1000? The hilarious looking non-Stan Winston TV CGI Endo with the horse teeth and steel bra?

No interest in the endo, I hate this new aesthetic they've gone with. I am curious what a sculpt of 60+ Arnold is gonna look like though.

But yes overall I'd rather they took the opportunity to sell more T1 and T2 figures.

Preview pics of the Asian Terminator are up.

34BFE9A1-EAEA-4728-94FA-F974EB80AB6F_zpsfxpc2o5n.jpg

Christian Bale > The Quentin Tarantino John Connor from this movie.

Come on now, the T-1000's uniform is clearly blue, not brown.

That reminds me of something.. Arnold's 'grey' Tech Noir getup, has that ambiguous shading issue in some scenes - kinda like the the Jango Fett grey / lavender jumpsuit debate.

Fresh can of worms right there. :lol

Last edited:
Yeah there's clearly been some doubt there - compare the colour of the Hot Toys Tech Noir jacket and the NECA one. Very different from eachother.

:lol
I know you're being sarcastic but I'll reply as if you were serious.

It's not exciting for 2 reasons:

A) Terminator Genisys
B) It is by no means a certainty that HT will even follow through due to Marvel and Star Wars.

Back