Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous....

But this will look kewl on the shelf.

Terminator-Genisys-Movie-Poster-T800.jpeg

This movie looks like the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

I feel the exact same way.

No one can ever, EVER replace Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn as Sarah and Kyle. And whose great idea was it to take one of the (if not THE) greatest robot designs in movie history and arbitrarily change stuff on it to be different. The head on it looks like a toy.

I feel so sorry for the kids of today who see this as their first Terminator movie instead of the classic T1 and T2.

After all the great Arnold T-800 figures (favs being MMS 136 and DX 13), I don't care if we never see another Arnold Terminator from them again. I love the line up I have from Punk to Police Shootout to Uncle Bob to Damaged Steel Mill (and every look I have in between). I'd obviously buy any "updated" T1 and T2 Arnold they make, but like we've discussed, the inconsistencies from figure to figure would just be even more evident and frustrating. I'm content with what I have, even with squashed heads, weird hair lines, google eyes, odd body proportions, etc. Sure, they all vary and don't look like the same "guy", but I'm just thankful I have them. Even with the negatives, they've all been solid releases in their own way.

Hoodie Old man "Pops" is a definite no-no though. That would be a shelf tainter in my opinion. I'd sooner have T3 Battle Damaged on myself. Atleast it would look cool and not be an old, cheesy ass, has been Arnold. What will really grind my gears is if they make an '84 Courtney Reese. I could see Hot Toys hitting that out of the park in terms of clothes, body proportions (Courtney is way more buff than Biehn ever was) and headsculpt. That's just the sort of thing I could see them doing.

That's it. I don't know if we should even ask for an improved clean Uncle Bob T-800 or a new Tech Noir T-800. While I want an Uncle Bob figure that doesn't have stupid rounded hair, a weird neck, bad looking PERS etc etc - there are no guarantees that all those things would be corrected or if they were that there wouldn't be some new ****-up in their stead. So I feel like by asking for a 3.0, and my compulsive need to buy anything from these films, that I'm inviting Hot Toys to get me spending more money and still be left wanting. That's been the pattern so far. It won't change.

That's it. I don't know if we should even ask for an improved clean Uncle Bob T-800 or a new Tech Noir T-800. While I want an Uncle Bob figure that doesn't have stupid rounded hair, a weird neck, bad looking PERS etc etc - there are no guarantees that all those things would be corrected or if they were that there wouldn't be some new ****-up in their stead. So I feel like by asking for a 3.0, and my compulsive need to buy anything from these films, that I'm inviting Hot Toys to get me spending more money and still be left wanting. That's been the pattern so far. It won't change.

And let's be honest, their latest MMS 238 Police Shootout isn't the best it could be. It really felt like it was just Hot Toys going through the motions like, "well, I guess we have to go do this one now".

All of them could be conceivably "updated" and STILL be wrong, if not more wrong just like you stated. At this point, I'm just glad we got what we got. It wasn't that long ago where all we had was the original MMS 02 hamburger face. Then, all we has was MMS 117 and MMS 136. The wait for a T2 Battle Damaged and Police Shootout felt like forever to the point where some people were thinking they may not even happen. Between all the versions with their looks, clothes, weapons and gear, I'm satisfied. The only real confusing exclusion is a T1 singed eye brows clean headsculpt and a T2 has grenade launcher.

They'd never do it, but I'd love if Hot Toys released a Terminator accessory pack in the same vein as that stupid Iron Man 3 workshop one.

- T1 singed head
- clean police Shootout grey shirt
- T2 clean head
- gas grenade launcher
- Cyberdyne arm in glass container
- Cyberdyne chip in glass container
- clean T1 jacket
- damaged T1 pants from the tanker
- new T2 knife cut Endo arm for the latest Arnold true type bodies

Put it in a little styrofoam box with the T1 and T2 logo for $124 and I'd buy multiples.

Well...despite everything I'd be in a for the new Sarah Connor. A new Arnold wouldn't be so bad either.

I want nothing from this movie including the movie itself.

I'll give the movie a chance and see if there's a T 800 worth buying. This film is the perfect excuse for HT to make more 84 T-800 figures. If they ever had an excuse to make a Technoir 2.0 or the "I'll be Back" T 800 with a clean costume, it's this film. They should call it that, "I'll be back version" as a Toy Fair EX (with only one head sculpt). I wouldn't get though.

If the film doesn't do well at the box-office, don't expect to see that. It'll be another Lone Ranger,Sucker Punch, and Watchmen. We'll get one or two figures and that's it.

I'm not going to disown the film yet. It could be a sleeper hit, and I'll see a lot of boardies eating crow that week. Me however, I'll go for a figure of Jason Clarke. He was awesome in Zero Dark Thirty.

When I first saw the trailer I thought it looked like crap but then I saw it again while attending Game of Thrones in IMAX so the trailer was in IMAX and it looked kick-ass...definitely meant for a big screen with huge sound.

And let's be honest, their latest MMS 238 Police Shootout isn't the best it could be. It really felt like it was just Hot Toys going through the motions like, "well, I guess we have to go do this one now".

All of them could be conceivably "updated" and STILL be wrong, if not more wrong just like you stated. At this point, I'm just glad we got what we got. It wasn't that long ago where all we had was the original MMS 02 hamburger face. Then, all we has was MMS 117 and MMS 136. The wait for a T2 Battle Damaged and Police Shootout felt like forever to the point where some people were thinking they may not even happen. Between all the versions with their looks, clothes, weapons and gear, I'm satisfied. The only real confusing exclusion is a T1 singed eye brows clean headsculpt and a T2 has grenade launcher.

They'd never do it, but I'd love if Hot Toys released a Terminator accessory pack in the same vein as that stupid Iron Man 3 workshop one.

- T1 singed head
- clean police Shootout grey shirt
- T2 clean head
- gas grenade launcher
- Cyberdyne arm in glass container
- Cyberdyne chip in glass container
- clean T1 jacket
- damaged T1 pants from the tanker
- new T2 knife cut Endo arm for the latest Arnold true type bodies

Put it in a little styrofoam box with the T1 and T2 logo for $124 and I'd buy multiples.

I'd ****ing love that. It's a nice idea to think about even though it won't happen.

I'll break mine up into T1 and T2 separately because I'm greedy.

T2 (not all essential stuff but ''would be cool'' stuff)

• New clean headsculpt (please for the love of all that is sacred get the hair right for once - it is important)
  • New bloodied endoskeleton forearm rescaled for anatomical and movie correctness
  • Endo-arm and chip in glass containers
  • Hawk MM1 Teargas grenade launcher
  • 2-3 accurate gasmasks
  • fireaxe
  • ''Highly Volatile'' barrel
  • gasoline cannister with explosives attached
  • remote detonator
  • Control box for chains at steel mill

T1

• New Tech Noir headsculpt in current aesthetic (make bangs more side-swept this time and less boy-bandy)
  • Singed eyebrows headsculpt (both human eyes still present)
  • New Tech Noir jacket with more accurate colour (we can BD it ourselves unless they feel generous and also include a BD version)
  • Clean vest for ''I'll be back''
  • Clean jacket for ''I'll be back''
  • bandaged right forearm and handsculpt for Eye Surgery scene
  • scalpel and towel for Eye Surgery scene
  • Gargoyles with 'CSM-101' printed on the right lens for movie-poster recreation

No pictures for these as I think they're self-explanatory

It's very likely HT will redo Arnie in various roles for all time. This year, I need John Matrix, Dutch 2.0 and T-Old.

the mega doomer.
559569.jpg

They say that something like 90% of all shootouts are won by those with the best cover, not by those who are the best shots. Can you even imagine Reese and his female partner from T1 standing against something like that? His partner was exposed for like two seconds and got blown away. I wonder what idiotic contrivance will allow them to survive.

They say that something like 90% of all shootouts are won by those with the best cover, not by those who are the best shots. Can you even imagine Reese and his female partner from T1 standing against something like that? His partner was exposed for like two seconds and got blown away. I wonder what idiotic contrivance will allow them to survive.

in this movie...

cover is overrated.

8ab22e53258535c558d18a27f0962a59871dd2a1.gif

lolz

Back