1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needs Tech Noir in the lineup ;).. I guess if I was to choose between that and one of the clean Uncle Bobs, it would be the Tech Noir.
DX10 is a must for a T2 collector, but it you're for unique clothes, DX13+MMS238+MMM307(? this new figure)+DX10 would be too much black jackets while MMS136 would be unique.
you should speed up your decision though, as they kind of... go extinct. :dunno

MMS136s_zpsgtic7y1d.jpg~original

Well, in fairness, I hate T3 but I'd buy all versions of Arnie from that film. That's from a love for toys and from a general love of the T-800 concept without actually liking the film. So it's the same for P. I'd describe his relationship with T2 more as 'complicated' anyway. There's definitely things he appreciates about it and he thinks it's leagues above the other sequels.

There is someone here has something like 12-15 of the first Loki... don't know if he followed suite with the second release.

Funnily enough, Avengers Loki is the one old classic figure I'd like the most, even more than DX-10 or MMS136, but as high as the prices are on those, they're nothing compared to Avengers Loki, :lol

Ah, I'm just pleased I managed to still get DX-13 from a retail shop long after it had sold out at 99% of places.. (they still do have it in stock too), and wasn't too bad a price considering. It was almost tempting to order a second for the full battle damaged look..

182713e822m6k27k8lxgm2.jpg

some kitbash with a Hot Toys Gynysys Terminator head, wow!

The TLJ thing is officially a dead horse now dude. You can quit beating it.

Sallah

Just to show the pose I've ended up going with, seems to make the most sense for this figure.

Unusually for me I have so far felt no temptation to buy a second one. The BD headsculpt alone doesn't really inspire me, I feel happy enough with it just lying spare. Ideally I'd have one of those little stands for it but....

You actually got this, huh?

This has got to be one of the most boring high end figure releases in a long time, especially when you consider it's from the Terminator variety. I'm still wondering why Hot Toys even bothered here. Waste of R&D, money and talent. Atleast they learned not to bother with the Genisys T-1000.

If they felt compelled to go with a cheap, barebones, hobo looking character with a shotgun, then they should have went with Kyle Reese.

Reese.jpg

If they did the likeness justice, then they could have reused the headsculpt and repaint it/retool the hair for Hicks.

I'm not gonna argue with that. It's a nice looking figure but yes, pretty boring. So little you can do with it compared to other T-figures.

Back