Hot Toys teases Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have an issue with 20.99 if Miles and Gwen were like him. But they're not. It's a weird stylistic change.

And on top of that, this figure is more than likely going to be cheaper for them to make, but will not be priced accordingly.

So the main issue is that there isn't consistency in their spider-verse line.

I wouldn't have an issue with 20.99 if Miles and Gwen were like him. But they're not. It's a weird stylistic change.

And on top of that, this figure is more than likely going to be cheaper for them to make, but will not be priced accordingly.

So the main issue is that there isn't consistency in their spider-verse line.
I just don’t see what makes this a “Hot Toys” figure, any toy company could make that.

I just don’t see what makes this a “Hot Toys” figure, any toy company could make that.
They already do. Marvel Legends, Figma, SHFiguarts and Sentinel does this exact thing for the Spider-Verse figures in 6" format.

71m5uhM6rpS.jpg
Bandai-SHFiguarts-Spider-Man-Across-the-Spider-Verse-Miles-Morales-Ghost-Spider-Gwen-Stacy-Action-Figure.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

s-h-figuarts-spider-man-2099-across-the-spiderverse-v0-ch5di7us2owa1.png
66a4b45f-533e-49f4-9609-2b324f2cd32d.jpg

There's zero reason for Hot Toys to be doing the same thing here when you already established the two other main characters with cloth suits. Their line of thinking is just beyond stupid with this. Take the custom body you built here for 2099 and put a damn suit over the entire thing. That's it. Why would you half ass it with this one character out of the entire bunch?

They already do. Marvel Legends, Figma, SHFiguarts and Sentinel does this exact thing for the Spider-Verse figures in 6" format.

71m5uhM6rpS.jpg
Bandai-SHFiguarts-Spider-Man-Across-the-Spider-Verse-Miles-Morales-Ghost-Spider-Gwen-Stacy-Action-Figure.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

s-h-figuarts-spider-man-2099-across-the-spiderverse-v0-ch5di7us2owa1.png
66a4b45f-533e-49f4-9609-2b324f2cd32d.jpg

There's zero reason for Hot Toys to be doing the same thing here when you already established the two other main characters with cloth suits. Their line of thinking is just beyond stupid with this. Take the custom body you built here for 2099 and put a damn suit over the entire thing. That's it. Why would you half ass it with this one character out of the entire bunch?
Like seriously does anyone want to display this on the shelf with the actual fabric suited figures? It'd look awful as it does in the promo pic.

They're getting **** on all over every social media post about it and rightfully so. Sometimes this company is an absolute joke.

It doesn't even look like it's part of the same line of figures.

oof 2099 looks awful. As somone else mentioned, hopefully it's a smaller scale figure and not 1/6. Even so, do we really need ANOTHER line of different scaled figures from HT?

I'm starting to think HT just hates Oscar Isaac:

• Poe Dameron: Teased and then never released
  • Moon Knight: No headsculpt, sub par figure overall
  • Spider-Man 2099: Big Marvel Legends.
Well if Isaac doesn’t allow his likeness (and I can’t think of any figure) then yes probably

Hey now the 12" Marvel Legends were great figures! They also could be had for $30 if you were patient

Ud5gBaX.jpg
Hide those screw joints on the side of the leg and you pretty much have what we'll be getting for this 2099 figure. :ohbfrank:

Except it'll be $250+ and not $30. 🤡

Yea I was very surprised by how cheap it looked. Like a old school toys r us figure you’d find back in the day

Back