Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is though... before there was any word on the figure, the film was well on the go around all cinemas. It's not as if the figure was on the go before the film was out.

It was probably in pre production, or at least, in proto stage by then, one would assume, for the reasons Maulfan points out at least. It does seem heavily based on the proto shot, rather than the screen version. You have a good point though, they would have had plenty of time to start fresh i reckon. It was after BR joker wasnt it? And that was released after the film, and is why the sculpt is so much better than V1 - all the source material they then had

The thing is though... before there was any word on the figure, the film was well on the go around all cinemas. It's not as if the figure was on the go before the film was out.

Not that we know of, it could have been in development for quite some. It's all speculation, but where every other figure, that I'm aware of, has been done entirely in house, for them to have to let an American sculptor work on the burn side of Two-Face suggests to me that WB wanted to control things and it was a stipulation that a domestic sculptor had to do that part of things. The film story was done long in advance, so I'm sure like a year before release HT was in the midst of working out the license and probably provided a list of characters to choose from for products and Two-Face is there, it's a pretty natural choice since it's always been an interesting design and would make a good figure no matter what the final rendering for the film was, and when they say they want to do him, WB lays out how it has to be handled. If HT had been provided proper reference on him, surely the head and coat would be more accurrate, maybe not the coat, that could be the way it is for production reasons, but it seems like all the flaws in the TDK line's pre-DX figures were because of rush to have things for the film's release without having the film itself to watch and refer to.

they would have had plenty of time to start fresh i reckon.

Possibly, but by the time it came out, maybe they didn't feel it needed the refinement. While BR Joker certainly improved on the v1, had people not reacted as they did to the v1, it's conceivable BR may have just had the one head for the mask and we might not even have the DX.

While inaccurate, fan reaction to Two-Face seemed pretty strong when it debuted, most of the discontent came after the initial waves shipped, and at that point it became evident he wasn't a huge seller compared to Joker and Batman, so HT was probably meh about the figure and just didn't care to put the effort in on him like with Batman and Joker to improve those with DX releases.

Agree, but say if they had waited, and announced a Twoface around DX time, it would have been shipping now, and would've (presumably) been more spot on than the one we received

I agree, but HT's tactic is to strike when things are fresh. I'll even wager at least one figure from the upcoming Iron Man get's done over or comes out wrong because they're working on it now before the movie and when the movie comes out people will spot things from the film not in the figure.

I love Two-Face as he came out, but knowing how much better the portrait could be had they made it after proper reference was at their disposal, I'd have liked it that much more.

I thought I'd go another route so both figures wouldn't look the same displayed. Make it look more unique and elegant between Two Face and Dent.

Why can't Hot Toys put shoulder pads in their jacket suits? this has lovely shoulder pads. The shoulders will never sag.

watermark.php

If I missed it, I'm sorry, but what suit are you using, vodoun? That looks great and I want to do the same with my Dent figure.

If I missed it, I'm sorry, but what suit are you using, vodoun? That looks great and I want to do the same with my Dent figure.

ACI If I remember correctly. Yeah it is. Even has foam shoulder pads that I've never seen Hot Toys use in their suits yet. I'm surprised the DX Joker never used them being a DX.

This is how it currently looks with the tie taken off the elastic and made into a full tie.

watermark.php

https://tinyurl.com/yabqfol

The belt and shiny shoes doesn't come with it. I had to order those as extras.

Vodoun, thanks for share the information, I got the same suit for my Harvey Dent.

i havn't changed anything on my two face, im hoping to get a suit for Harvey before xmas...its not that important though

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

This the one figure in TDK series I thought I could stay away from but I made one trip too many to Toys2 again :( It actually looks pretty good in person!

Any idea how to get in touch with Joe?

I bought a Two Face several months ago, but one of the legs was broken at the knee. Joe agreed to send a replacement leg (because I didn't want to ship the whole thing back at the time), and said his warehouse mgr would be in touch. That was in October. I haven't heard anything since. I've tried e-mailing on 4 separate occasions, but my e-mails to [email protected] keep bouncing back undeliverable. I've also tried PMing ... no response.

I am aware of Joe's fantastic reputation, and am sure this is a minor misunderstanding or communications glitch ... but, I'd still like to get this fixed.

Thanks.

SnakeDoc

Any idea how to get in touch with Joe?

I bought a Two Face several months ago, but one of the legs was broken at the knee. Joe agreed to send a replacement leg (because I didn't want to ship the whole thing back at the time), and said his warehouse mgr would be in touch. That was in October. I haven't heard anything since. I've tried e-mailing on 4 separate occasions, but my e-mails to [email protected] keep bouncing back undeliverable. I've also tried PMing ... no response.

I am aware of Joe's fantastic reputation, and am sure this is a minor misunderstanding or communications glitch ... but, I'd still like to get this fixed.

Thanks.

SnakeDoc

Joe's reputation has gone sour. He is out of the game and unfortunately you are probably out of luck.

This the one figure in TDK series I thought I could stay away from but I made one trip too many to Toys2 again :( It actually looks pretty good in person!

It's not entirely accurrate, but it's still a damn cool looking figure.

How about buy a new truetype, and use the broken one for any spares if such a thing may happen?...

Even though it's not the same body... it works great and the last I checked it's near the same height as Two Face himself. The difference is so minute. The same body the DX Joker uses. https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20775&cat=0&page=1

I'm using this on my Dent custom.

I believe somebody else switched a body on Two Face... they put the narrow shoulder in, Two Face uses the regular broad shoulder. Is that not the one with the supposedly looking Tom Cruise head?...

Back