1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm. I was excited at first look that they were rereleasing the ANH stormtrooper with the Death Star backdrop, then realized it was just a ROTJ reissue. Owned one of these back in the day but I never liked it as much as the ANH versions, so not sure if I’ll grab another one or not.

I keep saying we need more OT stormtroopers and while I like this one, I was hoping for ANH or ESB. I will happily pick another one of these up though, always wanted two. I’m just wondering what else will be revealed… should I hold off on POs until end of the week????

I just bought an overpriced SS Snowtrooper on Ebay so hopefully the Toy gods are please with my Sacrifice and give us a HT Snow Trooper re-issue and maybe even a E-Webb.
Just bought a SS snowie myself for bargain price in HK the other week so would be a good time for HT to drop a re-release... i wouldn't be mad as SS and HT are very different

Is it just me or does $240 feel kind of steep for this? I feel like these were like $200 last time they were up. I only have one stormtrooper (Rogue One) so I was thinking I'd get one more because why not, but I'm not sure I want to spend that when figures with sculpts and more accessories than just a blaster go for like $30 more.

Is it just me or does $240 feel kind of steep for this? I feel like these were like $200 last time they were up. I only have one stormtrooper (Rogue One) so I was thinking I'd get one more because why not, but I'm not sure I want to spend that when figures with sculpts and more accessories than just a blaster go for like $30 more.
Anyone who bought the deluxe previously, can you confirm? I bought non-deluxe for $189 in 2020.

The deluxe back then retailed $243 at Sideshow.
IMG_1731.jpeg

I keep saying we need more OT stormtroopers and while I like this one, I was hoping for ANH or ESB. I will happily pick another one of these up though, always wanted two. I’m just wondering what else will be revealed… should I hold off on POs until end of the week????
Get two, add some more weathering, brown spots, a black pauldron from any custom supplier, and a backpack (custom) and you have yourself a pair of ANH SE sandtroopers. IMO great addition to the ANH dunes of Tatooine display, now when we’re getting a Dewback and lieutenant.

Here’s a picture of my ROTJ with custom pauldron:
1713896165962.png

WTF is wrong with this cr*p, sold out already? Get us more stock!

Last edited:
Is there a difference between this and the original RotJ version?

Yeah, ditto. Been out of the loop. What is the difference between the ROTJ and ANH Hot Toys stormtroopers? (I know the difference in the movie helmets, but not sure about the Hot Toys trooper figures). I assumed they were the same, but with different "mouth" paint? Are there more differences?

Sean

Get two, add some more weathering, brown spots, a black pauldron from any custom supplier, and a backpack (custom) and you have yourself a pair of ANH SE sandtroopers. IMO great addition to the ANH dunes of Tatooine display, now when we’re getting a Dewback and lieutenant.

Here’s a picture of my ROTJ with custom pauldron:
View attachment 699452

WTF is wrong with this cr*p, sold out already? Get us more stock!
Looks great!

Yeah, ditto. Been out of the loop. What is the difference between the ROTJ and ANH Hot Toys stormtroopers? (I know the difference in the movie helmets, but not sure about the Hot Toys trooper figures). I assumed they were the same, but with different "mouth" paint? Are there more differences?

Sean
The ROTJ torso armor has ridges on the edges, which I prefer, white soles, holster on opposite side of where ANH is, and larger shoulder pieces. I’m sure there’s other differences, someone else may chime in.

With that long snout? Never!
Yeah the HT prototype looked closer. The HT ROTJ helmet sculpt is actually wrong in the reverse way to their ANH sculpt - the "nose" strip is too big versus the "chin" strip whereas the ANH has that problem reversed. The mouth black is also too narrow to me.

The ROTJ costume helmets had an odd "squished" look to them that is so unique to ROTJ. Strangely, LFL in the 1990s adopted a cleaned up version of those ROTJ helmets as their "generic stormie" look, so you'd see it in pretty much every SW product/magazine/book etc starting in the mid 1990s rebirth of SW era.

These pics show my attempt to replicate the funky look of ROTJ stormie, and also compared to my ESB stormie helmet.

storm-3.png

stormie.png

storm-2.png

Sean
Yes, the ANH one is completely different.

1713908181432.jpeg

I also have the original RotJ one. If this is the same as the one I have then I may not get it
1713908289353.jpeg

The ROTJ torso armor has ridges on the edges, which I prefer, white soles, holster on opposite side of where ANH is, and larger shoulder pieces. I’m sure there’s other differences, someone else may chime in.

thanks.
So can anyone answer if the only actual sculpt differences on the Hot Toys stormtrooper are the shoulders and torso armor edge ridges? Is the helmet sculpt the same?

Not sure why they went with the ROTJ figure. I've been hoping that they'd re-release the ANH stormtroopers.

Sean

Back