1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I know my pics are awful (which is why I don’t normally post any lol) but I didn’t think it was bad enough to make it look like a totally different person 🤣
Sorry. I wasn't meaning to imply that your pictures are bad (your pictures are fine). My mind jumped straight to Ryan when I saw it from that angle D:

Had no interest in the figure, but I had to pick up this fantastic headsculpt. No idea what character I’ll make from it yet, but just too dang good not to have for a future project.

*insert poorly done phone photo*View attachment 542276

Well, how about Jake from the upcoming Michael Bay action movie AMBULANCE (feb 2022) Looks pretty good to me. ^_^

Attachments

• 20211020_170430.jpg
    20211020_170430.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 42
Well, how about Jake from the upcoming Michael Bay action movie AMBULANCE (feb 2022) Looks pretty good to me. ^_^

Jeez louise, this looks absolutely awful to me. Not only that, but that trailer pretty much gave away the entire movie.

Jeez louise, this looks absolutely awful to me. Not only that, but that trailer pretty much gave away the entire movie.
The phrase "Michael Bay action movie" should have been your first clue. :lol

The phrase "Michael Bay action movie" should have been your first clue. :lol
Lol no, I totally get that and I know that's his style...but even this was too much. All those wonky Dutch angle/side angle swipes were too much...and the "story..." We all know there's never a story when it comes to these type of films.

yeah, hollow popcorn movies with some eye candy...what did you expect? :-D still, i want to see it though ;-P

what? Spider-Man Far from home is pretty much in the same category for me and cringy-cheesy at times. :-D

what? Spider-Man Far from home is pretty much in the same category for me and cringy-cheesy at times. :-D
it was pretty garbage, but I liked their origin for Mysterio better. Made his special effects "powers" more beliveable. I also love the suit design and the little details they put into it to make him look like an almagam of all the MCU heroes. What a fantastic figure too.

Picked up the drones from a local store for $104 + tax. Happy with that deal.

Also got the first components for a home brew mocap suit, and I'm pretty happy with the quality of them.

Um....was not expecting to be the proud owner of Mysterio today o_O

Found him at a local comic shop. I think it's actually pretty cool that Sideshow hooks up their local comic distributors with stock before the figure goes from "pre-order" to "in stock" on their own website.

Have only had a chance to unbox him but he's every bit as beautiful as they say. Initial photos (with a little help from a blacklight for the luminous effects)

DSC_0125B.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

Hmmm, ok - what to do about this?

First time I removed the Jake head, the neck came off the plug. Had to pry out the plug with a flathead screwdriver and plyers.

Ask Sideshow for a replacement neck or just superglue the two pieces back together? It’s not really clear to me what if anything was holding them together in the first place.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

173E0A38-C65B-4535-8F4F-20229B5B6B75.jpeg
18F727E8-B2F0-4E4C-B16B-D08A1096C48F.jpeg

Hmmm, ok - what to do about this?

First time I removed the Jake head, the neck came off the plug. Had to pry out the plug with a flathead screwdriver and plyers.

Ask Sideshow for a replacement neck or just superglue the two pieces back together? It’s not really clear to me what if anything was holding them together in the first place.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

View attachment 543732
Is the neck-to-plug fit snug (i.e., an interference fit) or loose? If it's snug, you might want to reassemble them and then spin (by hand) a drill bit inside the I.D. that goes on the ball joint in the body to shave off some material so that fit is a tad looser. But otherwise yes, gluing them together should do the trick. The joint seam will be below the collar so even if a little glue seeps out it won't be visible.

Is the neck-to-plug fit snug (i.e., an interference fit) or loose? If it's snug, you might want to reassemble them and then spin (by hand) a drill bit inside the I.D. that goes on the ball joint in the body to shave off some material so that fit is a tad looser. But otherwise yes, gluing them together should do the trick. The joint seam will be below the collar so even if a little glue seeps out it won't be visible.
Thanks for the reply, Buff. Now that they’ve pulled apart the neck-to-plug fit is quite loose. It’s possible they were never really fastened together to begin with.

Back