1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty nice helmet on those Apollo 11 figures, hmm? :monkey3

tgXGyp6.gif

You realise where they cut their moulding on that helmet is slap bang right on top of it? Looks like 3-4mm diameter. Probably more unsightly imo.

You realise where they cut their moulding on that helmet is slap bang right on top of it? Looks like 3-4mm diameter. Probably more unsightly imo.

The other issue is also how to paint the inside when it's not it two halves.

Yes, you could simply paint the outside, but I bet it wouldn't have the same look as on screen with the smoke coming from the inside and a glass layer in between.

Anyone thinking of putting this together with Zombie Iron Man?

As much as I like the look of Zombie Iron Man, it's an easy pass for me. I am considering getting Mysterio though. What's the word on the Gyllenhaal headsculpt that was teased a while back? Will we get it, or not?

As much as I like the look of Zombie Iron Man, it's an easy pass for me. I am considering getting Mysterio though. What's the word on the Gyllenhaal headsculpt that was teased a while back? Will we get it, or not?

I dunno, if we were getting a headsculpt I feel like now would have been the time to show it.

I dunno, if we were getting a headsculpt I feel like now would have been the time to show it.

Yeah I agree, I think the decision not to do the headsculpt was made long ago.

As to Zombie Iron Man. I love the look, but immediate thought how, where or with what would I display him. I haven't got a Spidey Far From Home display, so he'd be either with Mysterio or by himself.

I guess it could hold it's own as a stand alone piece. Definitely has enough shelf presence !

They did not show the Killmonger or Ant-Man sculpt until release or just before. I still assume they are planning on including one though obviously it is all just a complete guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did not show the Killmonger or Ant-Man sculpt until release or just before. I still assume they are planning on including one though obviously it is all just a complete guess.

Yeah but they at least had a blurred out placeholder image on the promotional photos, this doesn't.

IIRC there was a blurred out headsculpt image for this for about 10 minutes, then it was quickly taken down. I think it was on HT's Facebook page...

Yep... I'd say there is a chance that we will get a sculpt for it.

J.C. Also teased a korean artist joining the project sometime after the pre-order went up, but didn't state what that meant exactly. Most assume it was for a Jake sculpt because the only artists credited are usually the sculpt artists.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. It's still about a year away, so no sense in nailing that coffin shut just yet.

FB_IMG_1568376395660.jpg

c66beef69bc2ab083874c8c50824848e.jpg

Interesting. I may have to get this if it comes with a head sculpt although I always find a reason to not buy into Marvel.

Yep... I'd say there is a chance that we will get a sculpt for it.

J.C. Also teased a korean artist joining the project sometime after the pre-order went up, but didn't state what that meant exactly. Most assume it was for a Jake sculpt because the only artists credited are usually the sculpt artists.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. It's still about a year away, so no sense in nailing that coffin shut just yet.

View attachment 491264

View attachment 491265

Sadly both post taken down a day or so after. Maybe something got to do with licensing issues.

I think if they don't fix that fishbowl seam I might just let this guy go. It just doesn't make sense that even Stan Lee's Helmet had a flawless helmet on his astronaut suit.

Sadly both post taken down a day or so after. Maybe something got to do with licensing issues.

It was just around the time that the Sony/Disney Spider-Man deal abruptly ended. When it was all over the news that Spider-Man would leave the MCU, Tom Holland was gone, Sony didn't want to accept Disney's offer (or the other way around)... Anyway, it was when all that **** was going down that J.C. teased the Gyllenhaal headsculpt. And quickly removed the post.

I always figured it had to do with the whole Spider-Man license being in stormy waters. And seeing they worked it out, I'd say bring the headsculpt.

It was just around the time that the Sony/Disney Spider-Man deal abruptly ended. When it was all over the news that Spider-Man would leave the MCU, Tom Holland was gone, Sony didn't want to accept Disney's offer (or the other way around)... Anyway, it was when all that **** was going down that J.C. teased the Gyllenhaal headsculpt. And quickly removed the post.

I always figured it had to do with the whole Spider-Man license being in stormy waters. And seeing they worked it out, I'd say bring the headsculpt.

Ahh that?s true. Hope it worked out though wouldn?t that affect the entire figure and not just the headsculpt?

Ahh that?s true. Hope it worked out though wouldn?t that affect the entire figure and not just the headsculpt?

Not sure. Could be that Marvel had the Mysterio rights, while Sony had the actor's likeness rights. Seeing that it was a Sony production of a Marvel property. And when they had a falling out they couldn't include the headsculpt, because Sony wouldn't let them.

Mind you, this is my speculation. Nothing is confirmed or anything.

Back