1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe HT can use this opportunity to package the Mk 85 head with this release since they're no longer a stickler about likeness.

tenor.gif

So have they ditched the Quentin Beck/Jake Gyllenhaal head sculpt for this?

Keeping my PO until we know with 100% certainty there is no Jake G sculpt. Hoping HT pulls off a Hail Mary and surprises us. Although all they have done have given us disappointment and pain lately.

Keeping my PO until we know with 100% certainty there is no Jake G sculpt. Hoping HT pulls off a Hail Mary and surprises us. Although all they have done have given us disappointment and pain lately.

No disappointment for me. Mando, Maul and Nebula are really well done.

They may have hit a few home runs, but HT's batting average is far from perfect...they need to up their game!

I would love perfect but very few things made by humans will ever be perfect at any price especially if it's mass produced. If they limited these to 1000 and only made like 7 different figures a year i'm sure they could improve but still would not be perfect.

Any word on this guy? Is he actually going to happen or go the way of so many other MCU villains and never get released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s been up for preorder for months. He’s happening. To my knowledge, HT has never canceled an item after putting it up for preorder.

He?s been up for preorder for months. He?s happening. To my knowledge, HT has never canceled an item after putting it up for preorder.

Awesome good to know. It's just been so long since I'd heard anyone discuss him I started to worry.

The better question is whether or not that Jake Gyllenhaal headsculpt is happening or not...?

The better question is whether or not that Jake Gyllenhaal headsculpt is happening or not...?

That doesn't bother me because I'd never use use it. I'm all all about the fishbowl.

That does seem like the BIG question with this figure doesn’t it. Based on the comments in this thread from the beginning it seems like there has been excitement about this figure but that people would be a lot more excited about it with a Gyllenhaal headsculpt.

But when there is an additional headsculpt included with a masked or helmeted figure doesn’t Hot Toys indicate it in the studio pictures they provide or in the last promo photo that shows all the accessories etc. (sometimes in a blurred out image)?

Awesome good to know. It's just been so long since I'd heard anyone discuss him I started to worry.

Happens when there is SOOO much time between when these go up for PO and when they are finally are released.

That does seem like the BIG question with this figure doesn?t it. Based on the comments in this thread from the beginning it seems like there has been excitement about this figure but that people would be a lot more excited about it with a Gyllenhaal headsculpt.

But when there is an additional headsculpt included with a masked or helmeted figure doesn?t Hot Toys indicate it in the studio pictures they provide or in the last promo photo that shows all the accessories etc. (sometimes in a blurred out image)?

Well, there has been. For about a day or so.

A short while after the figure was announced, we got a blurred picture of a Jake Gyllenhaal headsculpt to be included with this figure. This was around the time when the Disney(Marvel)/Sony deal fell through, which meant Spider-Man was done in the MCU, no more Spider-Man 3, etc. The character wasn't allowed to be used anymore by Disney.

Right then that blurred Gyllenhaal sculpt picture was deleted just as unexpectedly as it was shown.

I'm not sure it was connected to the Disney/Sony deal or due to some other (likeness)rights, but I seem to remember merchandise rights were part of this deal. Anyway, Disney and Sony renegotiated and everything is back on track.

Now the question is, will HT surprise us with a Gyllenhaal sculpt when this figure finally shows up? Only time will tell I guess. I know they have included unannounced accessories now and then with their releases, but never a full headsculpt. At least not to my knowledge.

Still, it would definitely be a nice surprise.

Ahhh, thanks for that background Entity, I do remember that there was so much speculation circulating around what the impact of those negotiations would be.

Ultimately, I agree that a good headsculpt included with this figure would make a lot of collectors happy and make this a very popular figure.

Headsculpt posted

Attachments

• 7B08F947-5343-4444-B077-8D3AA9032495.jpeg
    7B08F947-5343-4444-B077-8D3AA9032495.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 5BA9C127-E1FF-4799-86DC-272C70B53B94.jpeg
    5BA9C127-E1FF-4799-86DC-272C70B53B94.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DA4C316D-2830-49C0-B191-2CEDA696B30A.jpeg
    DA4C316D-2830-49C0-B191-2CEDA696B30A.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 68
  • D97FD85B-24F4-4A56-A31E-439B7F7A48FD.jpeg
    D97FD85B-24F4-4A56-A31E-439B7F7A48FD.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 0495B91E-ED8B-49E1-ABB4-E361E3450964.jpeg
    0495B91E-ED8B-49E1-ABB4-E361E3450964.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 91
Hmm, interesting. I don't think that portrait is a very good likeness, but good on HT for including it!

But this pretty much summarizes what I said in a previous post...HT has inconsistent quality...whereas with all the experience they've accumulated over the years you'd think matching actor likeness would be second to none...but it's more like 3rd or 4th...or sometimes even 9th (Tony Stank) to none...ugh.

What a weird looking head sculpt. It's like you can see traces of Jake in there but it also looks like his stunt double. The eyes look so dead.

I would never display Mysterio without his fish bowl head so don't really care either way.

Judging by how soft the hair and sculpt is overall, it looks like it's the production version so release in HK might be soon.

What a weird looking head sculpt. It's like you can see traces of Jake in there but it also looks like his stunt double.

Never displaying Mysterio without his bowl head so didn't care if they did a sculpt or not.
I agree, I don't think the likeness is there.
1626759355792.png

I can see it from this angle but not the other ones.

Back