Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. At least the head sculpt does look better in the video. And Justin did go on to say that his is a specific "crying version," and not the one that will be mass-produced by RCN. Garfield did just turn 40 in real life, but he truly doesn't look it

Man, I hope that this RCN Sculpt just looks bad b/c of Justin's lighting, for those of you who ordered at least. I haven't watched, so just going by the thumbnail. Dude looks like a drunk who's pushing 50 or even 60.

One of the roughest sculpts I've seen in a while. Feel like I'm looking at a Star Ace production sculpt.

xY8gSe6.png

These NWH Andrew sculpts make sense of course but I wonder if any younger Tobey sculpts will be made for Spider-Man 1 and 2 displays.

So if you were choosing one (masked) version to display would you choose this version or the No Way Home New Red & Blue Suit? And why?

Great deal! What promo code would that be if you don’t mind sharing…
It wasn’t really a promo code that was listed. But just before checkout there was a box (a pull down menu I think) that gave an additional 5-10 dollars off.

Sorry to not be very precise, but is was something I almost overlooked actually and saw it just before finalizing the purchase. It was on the last screen

It wasn’t really a promo code that was listed. But just before checkout there was a box (a pull down menu I think) that gave an additional 5-10 dollars off.

Sorry to not be very precise, but is was something I almost overlooked actually and saw it just before finalizing the purchase. It was on the last screen
Thanks for the help! FYI - forbidden planet did put this figure back up!

An interesting story about getting this figure. I decided too late that I did indeed need the 3 Peters on display so I ordered Holland and Toby and got on the waitlist for this figure. I thought it'd convert immediately. About two months ago I decided to order the in stock figure from Toys Wonderland. Before you all get your pitchforks and torches out, I knew exactly what the issues were with them but I also knew that as an in stock item if they didn't deliver in a reasonable time I could file a claim with PayPal and likely win.

So....they did the usual creation of a DHL global shipping label and it sat dormant for three weeks. All the while I hit them with a weekly e-mail asking for an update, knowing full well I would likely never get one. After three weeks I filed a dispute with PayPal. The dispute took about two weeks to settle, but ultimately settled in my favor and I was given a full refund. I thought that was the end of the story...

About a week later, I started getting text messages from DHL that my package was on the move! Sure enough, five days later, Garfield Spidey landed on my front porch. No email or any other communication from TW. Keep in mind, I've walked back into a grocery store before because I had a case of water on the bottom of the cart that I forgot to pay for, so I'm a bit conflicted by this turn of events.

Fast forward to today (with my Garfield Spidey in my display) and I get an email from Toys Wonderland stating that they can't ship my Spidey because there was a dispute filed with PayPal and I was awarded a refund. Through all of this, they still can't reconcile that they shipped the figure out. I didn't want a free figure, I just wanted the figure at a good price. I am, however, going to keep said free figure... The TW folks are not just crooked, but apparently incompetent...

An interesting story about getting this figure. I decided too late that I did indeed need the 3 Peters on display so I ordered Holland and Toby and got on the waitlist for this figure. I thought it'd convert immediately. About two months ago I decided to order the in stock figure from Toys Wonderland. Before you all get your pitchforks and torches out, I knew exactly what the issues were with them but I also knew that as an in stock item if they didn't deliver in a reasonable time I could file a claim with PayPal and likely win.

So....they did the usual creation of a DHL global shipping label and it sat dormant for three weeks. All the while I hit them with a weekly e-mail asking for an update, knowing full well I would likely never get one. After three weeks I filed a dispute with PayPal. The dispute took about two weeks to settle, but ultimately settled in my favor and I was given a full refund. I thought that was the end of the story...

About a week later, I started getting text messages from DHL that my package was on the move! Sure enough, five days later, Garfield Spidey landed on my front porch. No email or any other communication from TW. Keep in mind, I've walked back into a grocery store before because I had a case of water on the bottom of the cart that I forgot to pay for, so I'm a bit conflicted by this turn of events.

Fast forward to today (with my Garfield Spidey in my display) and I get an email from Toys Wonderland stating that they can't ship my Spidey because there was a dispute filed with PayPal and I was awarded a refund. Through all of this, they still can't reconcile that they shipped the figure out. I didn't want a free figure, I just wanted the figure at a good price. I am, however, going to keep said free figure... The TW folks are not just crooked, but apparently incompetent...
That's a pretty amazing outcome!

I hope I get my 2nd batch Andrew from them but not super confident right now lol.

Back