Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that original figure looks rough as hell now. Can't believe I used to be so impressed with it.

ghhhjj.JPG

My v1 looks nothing like that..... :dunno

My clothes are just as tight as the v2 pictured there.

I think someone was enjoying/playing with their dollie a little too much. :lol
Yeah, I was thinking based on all of the bunching at the joints that his V1 may have just been pulled out of a years-long dynamic pose about five seconds before that comparison.

But the oversized arms still make it look like some ThunderToys bootleg nonsense 🤣

He did mentioned that the V1 had foam padding that moves around the body after a while, which causes unnatural bunching in various places such as the arms and shoulder blades.

The rest are just wear and tear over the years, which happens if you constantly repose the figure.
Yeah, I was thinking based on all of the bunching at the joints that his V1 may have just been pulled out of a years-long dynamic pose about five seconds before that comparison.

But the oversized arms still make it look like some ThunderToys bootleg nonsense 🤣

Really conflicted on this. Like many I wanted the three Spidey's displayed together but this feels so half assed I'd only be getting it for the sake of completing the trio. That feels wrong.

Would it look weird to just have Tobey and Tom? :rolleyes:

I don't see how this is "half assed"? They made several more than noticeable improvements over the V1
and made a pretty damn good looking Spidey figure out of him... AND they still give us an updated paint Andrew headsculpt
despite not being allowed for No Way Home (which even Bandai said "you don't need that with your figure").

It's definitely not half-assed. People are acting like this is a straight reissue. It's not as good as it should've been but it's definitely an improvement.
I have this figure on pre-order and I'm definitely glad to be getting this over the original.
I'm sure if Hot Toys were able to make a NWH version they'd have put more effort in like they've done with the Tobey Maguire Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man figure.

I have this figure on pre-order and I'm definitely glad to be getting this over the original.
I'm sure if Hot Toys were able to make a NWH version they'd have put more effort in like they've done with the Tobey Maguire Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man figure.
Exactly. It's unfortunate but I'm glad I got a decent ASM with an unmasked headsculpt. It's the best option that was on the table for HT and for us.

Really conflicted on this. Like many I wanted the three Spidey's displayed together but this feels so half assed I'd only be getting it for the sake of completing the trio. That feels wrong.

Would it look weird to just have Tobey and Tom? :rolleyes:
Buddy...please watch the videos on YouTube. Reused head sculpt because of rights? Sure. But this figure is definitely not half assed. It is a straight upgrade. The only thing that could've been better was the material of the red parts.

Buddy...please watch the videos on YouTube. Reused head sculpt because of rights? Sure. But this figure is definitely not half assed. It is a straight upgrade. The only thing that could've been better was the material of the red parts.
I didn't say it wasn't an upgrade but people on this forum who know far more than I have said the suit is still inaccurate.

Back