Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first glance, it doesn't look any different that the original. Did they make any changes or upgrade to the suit, body or sculpt?

There goes my plan of having Tom, Tobey, and Andrew unmasked in the display. Such a shame I was so excited they finally fixed the neck issue.

There goes my plan of having Tom, Tobey, and Andrew unmasked in the display. Such a shame I was so excited they finally fixed the neck issue.
Yeah, I would've been all in on that display immediately after NWH, but I cooled somewhat on the $1K detolf nostalgia shelf...this certainly isn't swinging me back the other way...

Why can’t HT do this?
IMG_4677.jpeg
IMG_4680.jpeg
IMG_4678.jpeg
IMG_4679.jpeg

Man, what a disappointing release.

After not securing Garfield's rights for NWH, they probably decided to just half-ass this one.

Not perfect but it's sad how that captures Garfield's look in NWH better than Hot Toys sad attempt.

CDnWt1u.jpg
You guys must have not been around for all of the likeness rights drama; Hot Toys didn't do a new and improved figure and head because they literally aren't allowed. Garfield won't license his likeness. So they must've found a loophole where they could at least reissue their decade-old Amazing Spider-Man figure unchanged and under that branding to at least offer fans something.

So it's a garbage release, but it's not because they didn't 'attempt' or phoned it in - they literally legally couldn't offer anything better.

You guys must have not been around for all of the likeness rights drama; Hot Toys didn't do a new and improved figure and head because they literally aren't allowed. Garfield won't license his likeness. So they must've found a loophole where they could at least reissue their decade-old Amazing Spider-Man figure unchanged and under that branding to at least offer fans something.

So it's a garbage release, but it's not because they didn't 'attempt' or phoned it in - they literally legally couldn't offer anything better.
People love any excuse to bash Hot Toys though. It’s the trendy thing and we should all bow to InArt as the true leading force in sixth scale.

At first glance, it doesn't look any different that the original. Did they make any changes or upgrade to the suit, body or sculpt?
The added neck for the Garfield sculpt, the webbing, the loose mask and the hands are the only changes/updates/additions. The original ASM2 Spiderman had these weird half-hands.

IMG_0018.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm logged in but still keep getting 'Product not found' when I click these links.

A third party sculpt is a must for any unmasked displays.

hmm do I get this Spidey and Tobey or just Tobey and either Goblin or Ock instead? Can't get them all sadly.
Have you ordered from OSK before and if so, has it been a long time? if you still can't see it while logged in, you'll need to email them to get permission.

And I've decided to just go with Tobey given how this released turned out. For once, it's not entirely HT fault but still, just not feeling the unfortunate lack of effort in this. Even if they couldn't get Garfield's approval for a new sculpt, they still could've updated the suit to a more accurate color/material as well as worked out the body proportions to be a bit better and more accurate.

I have the cool, big diorama display stand from the Holland integrated suit Spiderman that I'm going to use on Tobey Spiderman since it has the Doc Ock arms, Green Goblin bombs and some sand detailing which all make for a pretty great all around Tobey Spiderman display piece.

HT been on a losing streak recently.
How so? Cad Bane, Fennec Shand, Koska Reeves, DX Mando Luke, DX Bespin Luke, DX Ahsoka, '84 WW, TVA Loki, President Loki, Cyborg are recent production releases that have all been pretty much well received by most collectors. Not sure how that constitutes as a "losing streak" :dunno

Back