Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen far too many poorly futzed, posed or photographed protoypes at conventions over the years to judge this yet.

Needs a bit more work i think, and the jacket should be a shade lighter. Having said that, i think it's a given i'll be getting this. :)

18990391.jpg

If someone decides to sell their SS version for cheap, i may get him and convert him into Dak.

Yeah as much as I prefer the less bulky Dagobah look, the jacket does seem a little too tight there. But at least he appears to be the proper height and not 6 feet tall.

I'm not wildly impressed here, I prefer the X-Wing pilot look anyway, but not having any pilots in my collection I'll probably get it.

Using the Return of the Jedi sculpt here is incredibly annoying. How does Jango get a new one? Can they just not sculpt Hamill well?

Bit of a mixed bag (but still insta-buy for me.) Though it is a prototype, and looks kinda rushed tbh.

the good:

- LOVE the boots (the boots vary a LOT onscreen for this outfit though - like 3-4 distinctly different versions) - finally the right color on Hoth boots:yess::clap
- helmet is a couple of notches improvement over Sideshow's, though not as much as hoped - the helmet deco still is too bright of a red (the main helemt is more maroon) and the emblems still a bit wrongly shaped and placed.:gah:
- LOVE the chestbox, great color too - the Sideshow is too small and too dark
- Grappling gun looks great and nicely sized
- that they did a Snowspeeder Luke - but...........

the bad:

- seems to be the same base Luke sculpt from Jedi, Endor and Bespin proto (but hey, I like that sculpt - though not quite as much for ESB Lukes.)
- Jacket is pretty MEH - collar too small/thin, length too short, sleeves really too thin (its never that thin, even on Dago arrival where it's thinnest) And they've made the color the same from jacket to pants which is wrong - Sideshow really got that difference right.
- leather utility belt/pouches looks quite weak (though Sideshow's was weak too) - though buckle is nice - between this and the Jawa's leather goods its not a good thing for HT
- glove hands look to be another weak gloved hand sculpt from HT - gauntlets pretty good though and a good color (seem to be re-use of unrealesed Snowie commander's)
- NOOOOO... the cheapo vac-form Jawa base is back but in white.:lol
- white bib doesn't look as good as Sideshow (which is a remarkable piece of cut/sew work) and seems rushed, but again - it's a proto so will likely be better
- No ATAT-killer grenade?!
- webbing looks god-awful/Hasbro but hey it's a proto
- cartridges/knee bandolier looks pretty bad/Hasbro

Its about time.

Though, this doesn't look as good as the Sideshow one, I'm shocked to say. Besides all the other nits, the jacket collar is not ballooned enough either.

Im patiently waiting for the X wing ver to pair with ARtoo. Theres something bout the orange and blue combo that makes it scream classic Star Wars for me.

Its about time.

Though, this doesn't look as good as the Sideshow one, I'm shocked to say. Besides all the other nits, the jacket collar is not ballooned enough either.

The SSC is an excellent figure. But this is a prototype. I believe the finished product will compare very favourably against SSC although it won't crush it, and depending on your priorities it may well be the better option when all is said and done.

Will pick this up, but yeah, it needs improvements. Know that's a prototype, so still time to fix things hopefully. As everybody is saying, it definitely needs a puffier jacket. Not just the sleeves, but the collar too. Would also be nice if they used some kind of material that looked more like nylon, since the jackets in the film were nylon jackets. Pants definitely need to be a darker orange than the jacket.

Glad the helmet looks to be an upgrade over SS's version. Not totally accurate, but at least it doesn't look like like a cheap Hasbro toy.

Its about time.

I'm really underwhelmed and surprised as well. As others are saying hopefully improvements are on the way. The main thing I assumed HT would improve on is the paint of the helmet and they did, but even that could look a lot better.

Not in a million years did I imagine a years old Sideshow figure topping this when it finally released...but then HT seems to be losing interest in committing resources to top of the line Star Wars figs, look at all these rehashed sculpts and shoddy prototypes.

From what I am seeing about the only things I am excited about with this figure are the grapple gun and the boots. Everything else needs work. And a completely new sculpt.

All the prototypes here look poorly futzed and kinda rushed together. That being said I?m ecstatic that a Snowspeeder Luke is being made. Love that the harpoon is being included. Like the slimmer suit, sculpt and boots. Hopefully the production suit finish looks better.

Back