Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I really need to remind you all of the Isle of Misfit Toys? How many HT prototypes never see the light of pre-order? I would never get "excited" for anything HT shows at SDCC. Reminder, where is..... Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper Sargent, Hover Tank Driver, Padme, Utapau Airborn Trooper, R5-D4, Baze, Poe.....(and on and on and on....)

Do I really need to remind you all of the Isle of Misfit Toys? How many HT prototypes never see the light of pre-order? I would never get "excited" for anything HT shows at SDCC. Reminder, where is..... Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper Sargent, Hover Tank Driver, Padme, Utapau Airborn Trooper, R5-D4, Baze, Poe.....(and on and on and on....)

This is true. :lecture

I give Luke better chances given who the character is, but they could easily draw out the wait until I'm old and tired, in which case they won't get my money.

This is true. :lecture

I give Luke better chances given who the character is, but they could easily draw out the wait until I'm old and tired, in which case they won't get my money.

We still haven't seen that new Bespin look put up for PO yet though, so...

I'm sure I'll pre-order but I'd like it to be a home run rather than just a triple -- better than SS in some ways but not in others would be a letdown.

Upside is the tow cable/grappling gun. Reusing the same ROTJ head sculpt seems problematic to me, but I'll wait to see if that's indeed true.

The SS leather belt looked nice but was a huge PIA, so I don't give that one very high marks. HT's belts are typically easy enough to work with.

I feel the same. I'm hoping it's going to be superb. I don't feel the jacket looks bulky on my SSC version though. Seem to fit him quite well. The addition of the grappling gun is a nice touch but HT was always going to add something like that as a teaser to those that own the SSC anyway. If I pick it up I may try and convert another helmet to Wedge's and see about some kind of sculpt to work under it.

Futzing pretty meh in these early shots.

81d792beae7bc2f3cf801bb91bc54834.png
5da24bdfb3021f41dd8222e1a8828d80.png

Haha nice timing TonTon !

The jacket looks a lot tighter and less puffier than the SS version if I recall correctly.

I like that they added the harpoon.

Definitely looks like a slimmer Dagobah look on that jacket. Boots are superior. Portrait's not a homerun but nothing I'd complain about, and the helmet is excellent.

I just hope they don't leave us hanging, I don't feel like flying all the way to HK to riot.

Haha nice timing TonTon !

The jacket looks a lot tighter and less puffier than the SS version if I recall correctly.

I like that they added the harpoon.
:hi5:

At first glance I'm sure Sideshow owners are breathing a sigh of relief. I hope this pre-order goes up soon so we can see other shots and get a better idea of the figure's potential. Still not really sold on this sculpt, didn't anticipate they'd use it on every new Luke for ESB/Jedi.

01fd7b337fc2c39b84d8d3860bbe5657.jpg

...not sure what I feel about this yet.
I don?t think the jacket is bulky enough the not the right color (should be lighter than the flight suit) and I don?t like the gloves.
84b25dd0edba39b946d75fa232135eda.jpg

A clearer shot might help Slikkerias :lol

Sculpt is way better than the old SS one at least.

Chest box looks a bit manky though.
White flak jacket looks like a couple of bra sizes too small too.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 17.06.29.jpg

Back